g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Marouane Fellaini image 27

Marouane Fellaini Belgium flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil81

This crazy notion he will unsettle defences with his height is total nonsense, he's terrible in the air and he does nothing but break up time with fouls.

iKeano

He got about 8 minutes of game time but sure, he deserves the most backlash :lol:
That's how negative his impact is. You could 100% go home when Fellaini comes on.
2 touches, one out of play toward Rooney, one to a West Ham player.
1 yellow card.

Absolute negativity in the form of a tall coward.

Walters_19_MuFc

That's how negative his impact is. You could 100% go home when Fellaini comes on.
2 touches, one out of play toward Rooney, one to a West Ham player.
1 yellow card.

Absolute negativity in the form of a tall coward.
And because of that, he's the reason we drew against West Ham. All makes sense now.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
And because of that, he's the reason we drew against West Ham. All makes sense now.
Not his fault, but as a sub, he brought nothing. Proved yet again that using him like that is pointless, he doesn't bring any kind of threat in the dying minutes and shouldn't be used as an attacking sub. If anything, we played much better before he came in. He was also terrible defensively, they dribbled past him 3 or 4 times like he wasn't there. It was an awful cameo, maybe we cannot blame him but the manager, but however you look at it we shouldn't bring him on again if we are planning to use him like that.

tomaldinho1

Enter David Moyes and a £6.5million bid from Sunderland. I have nothing against Fellaini but it's hard to remember anyone who is so blatantly not good enough on multiple levels, get such a prolonged stay. Worst of all, he's actually bang average in the air.

ZDwyr

Enter David Moyes and a £6.5million bid from Sunderland. I have nothing against Fellaini but it's hard to remember anyone who is so blatantly not good enough on multiple levels, get such a prolonged stay. Worst of all, he's actually bang average in the air.
Anderson.

ZDwyr

He had likability though, I just have no feeling towards Fellaini. Anderson: riding off that one performance against Liverpool for years.
He really isn't any more likable than Fellaini IMO. But I guess people value different things in different players.

I don't think Anderson was ever really bad. He just wasn't on the pitch often enough to be good.
So he was good but just wasn't picked?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
So he was good but just wasn't picked?
He was a great footballer. Hugely talented. I'll suggest that he had a terrible work ethic, loose attitude and fell woefully short of his potential. But he was a hugely talented lad.

Sometimes a player just doesn't get it together.

tomaldinho1

He really isn't any more likable than Fellaini IMO. But I guess people value different things in different players.
I loved Ando, he was a funny character, a great leg peg but fell way short of potential. It's also worth remembering how often he was injured. I have never seen potential in Fellaini and I don't think anyone has ever thought 'he'll come good'.

I genuinely believe Fellaini hinders our team offensively AND defensively. You can probably tell, I'm not a fan...

iKeano

No, but because of his introduction, the players and fans alike are completely void of the belief that Utd will score late.

The draw is 90 minutes - granted - but the belief that we could steal a late winner left the pitch the second Fellaini ambled on in the 85th minute.

He offers nothing.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's just crazy how slow he is, on the ball and off it too. Seems to take ages to do anything

iHicksy

It's just crazy how slow he is, on the ball and off it too. Seems to take ages to do anything
To be fair, his thoughts have to navigate around all those hair follicles, then after conquering the afro equivalent of the crystal maze they then have to make the mile long trip down his lanky body, via his elbows, eventually getting the signal to his feet. By which time the opponent has dispossessed him or been knocked asunder by a thought provoked elbow.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
:lol:

So now we're accusing Fellaini of some serious voodoo shit. People don't like to be called haters but some of the worst agenda filled posters on the entire forum can be found stinking up this thread with their shite. As soon as he has a bad game (And I'm not even sure you could class this as a bad game) these posters are tripping over themselves trying to outdo each other in their ridiculously over the top criticism (read abuse) of Fellaini.

LouisDanGaal

I don't want to kick the big man while he's down, but you don't get performances like that with him in the team, the energy tonight was fantastic, mobility everywhere aside from carrick and it created an incredible atmosphere that feeds back to the players. Think his presence in the team will decline from now and the appearance of bastian ( who I think will never be more than a back up still) indicated mourinho realised we need more technical players who can rush or calm the tempo which he is never going to be able to do.

Sylar

I honestly think he should only be brought on when were winning 1-0 and want to stop teams who are pinging balls into our box. Should never ever be used when were losing and need a goal though. Think thats only worked twice in the last three years :/

Or if we have injuries.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
"Unfortunately tonight we are without Paul Pogba and his natural replacement, Marouane Fellaini," Mourinho wrote in his programme notes. "But I have the players who can do the job despite those problems.
Interesting that Mourinho sees him as a replacement for Pogba. I see no similarities between the two

RedStarUnited

He hasn't started any games in the past month or so has he? And we have generally played very well.

Please Jose, dont bring him back.

arthurka

Don't know what he has done wrong...
Rather have him than Ashley or Depay.. Great option to have and keeps Pogba smiling..

Mike09

He hasn't started any games in the past month or so has he? And we have generally played very well.

Please Jose, dont bring him back.
We actually played very well against Swansea when he started and got 3 points. So it's not like we always play poor when he played.

NinjaFletch

Interesting that Mourinho sees him as a replacement for Pogba. I see no similarities between the two
I hadn't seen this but it's really interesting.

So as Mourinho was talking about the profile of player in the summer then it suggests we signed Pogba for his physical attributes as much as his technical ones.

That's really the only similarities between the two.

El Zoido

Why play him? Basically throwing the game away.

Get rid of him, please.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Blame Jose. Why does he keep playing this twat?

Jev

Seriously, why does he play? He's so bad and clumsy it would be hilarious if he didn't play for us. Please don't play him again, ever, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.