Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not that he was particularly bad or anything, everyone was at worst "decent", but I don't think he really offered anything today. Like if you took him out, I'm fairly certain that the first half would have been identical. This guy on twitter (11tegen11) does XG maps and passing plots all the time like what FM introduced this year, and if you look at ours today, he basically is just right next to Mata to offer an extra guy but in the end, was on the peripheral.
Also interesting to look at is how close Pogba/Ibra/Rooney all were throughout. Worked out today but we need more spacing out to the right going forward. Basically if we took out Fellaini today, and threw in martial/Rashford/Lingard to do what Rooney did on the left but on the right, then it would've been a lot better IMO.

m1y2

For a big guy who looks clumsy and ungainly, he actually has decent technique and ball control and doesn't give away the ball that often. He has absolutely no vision or intelligence on the ball though and often slows play down and picks the safest pass even when there are better and more direct options and that's a big problem when you are playing in central midfield. He's also not tactically disciplined enough to do the job of a holding midfielder and mark players out of games. Despite all that he offers a physical presence and threat from set pieces and for some reason managers like him which is why I think he will be around the club for a while yet despite everyone wanting him out. Kind of like what Park was.
Well park was much more dynamic and disciplined player, also arguably better ball winner and actually with a brain and certainly better technician.. big game player, while fellaini scored some crucial goals, Park was absolutely vital in some games.

Fellaini is a bit pointless in a team that should be aiming to finish top of the league, he could fight for the midtable club somehow to provide his thug approach but he's just horrible with what you said - and that's the big problem when you are playing in central midfield. I think Liverpool or Chelsea in their current form would score 6 easily past them today as Swansea were absolutely horrendous, just watched fellaini there and there was just no need at all for him there, we could have done way better with some more technical player - anyone..

Well maybe not today but Mourinho will certainly be punished again in the future if he wants him to play big games against aggressive technical teams

ZDwyr

He was decent. Certainly played better this season I think.

Loublaze

ATLien
:lol:

Did his job and will probably keep his place against Arsenal
I doubt it but you're probably right. Jose likes the average donkey and will probably drop Carrick who made everything tick in midfield against Swansea

MounchesterUtd

His best stretches during his time at United often coincides with him playing with Carrick. Either play them both, or none at all.

VP

I really don't know what managers see in this guy. Offers us nothing.

FattyFooty

I really don't know what managers see in this guy. Offers us nothing.
He played hes role yesterday. In one of our best games so far this season.

Can you atleast wait untill we and him have a bad game before you start whining about him?

VP

Can you atleast wait untill we and him have a bad game before you start whining about him?
What was his role yesterday?

Three years of mostly shite, at best average, performances is plenty of whining ammunition.

Loublaze

ATLien

Played well in spite of him being in the starting lineup. He's a nothing player

Sylar

Think he would have come on instead of Morgan today had he been fit. It might have made a huge difference (hard to say without knowing what position he would have been in).

I think Jose will continue to use him just for what we saw today in us conceding.

Red4Life_#7

Despite him annoying me so much at times, I think he is important for us. He can play a box to box alongside Pogba with Carrick/Blind holding.
One thing I've noticed we are terrible when both him and Rooney are both on the pitch. They are just too slow in build up play/movement of the ball.

Walters_19_MuFc

Despite him annoying me so much at times, I think he is important for us. He can play a box to box alongside Pogba with Carrick/Blind holding.
One thing I've noticed we are terrible when both him and Rooney are both on the pitch. They are just too slow in build up play/movement of the ball.
He and Rooney played against Swansea, which was arguably our best performance this season, despite it being against a team at the bottom of the table.

Man Utd 1:1 West Ham

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
What on earth was he supposed to bring today? Not only that he didn't bring anything to our all around play or even attacking play, he also got dribbled past in defence more times in those 10 minutes than our all players combined.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Useful to bring on when defending a lead and not to get a goal. Terrible sub and terrible performance although not entirely his fault.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Don't bring him on when we need a goal!

Don't ever bring him on! Jesus fecking Christ.

Raw

What did he do exactly? What was the point? Was it another case of hoofing it to the big man up top? Because we barely even did that.

Fahad Jawaid

What a shit player, whenever we just throw all the attackers and take off wingers and Mata etc, we tend to look deer in headlights and hardly create anything. Mostly till 75 minutes we create good opening and as soon as we put Fellani and start throwing players balls in we just stop creating and actually look like conceding, it happens every fecking time.

iKeano

2 touches.
1 afro-skim header to Rooney who couldn't keep it in play
1 Afro-slim header to a West Ham player

1 yellow card

Everyone should just go home when he comes on, because it's game over. Utd offer absolutely zero with that waster on the pitch.
How is he a Man Utd player and how the feck does he keep being selected?! Utter utter garbage.

Kag

Bringing him on to smash balls up to him has never worked before and I don't know why we persist with it. Without fail, we look considerably less likely to score.

AndyJ1985

I hate that he's a United player. I criticise Lingard and Rooney for not being good enough, but feck me, both of them come a long way behind this lanky clown in the list of players I never want to see play for United.

Skills

Snitch
Should just bring him on as an enforcer to smash the ref or some dickhead on the other team. Offers nothing as a player, when he comes on a sub at the end.

Skills

Snitch
Knew we wouldn't score when I saw him coming on. Waste of space
Should just do all our managers a favour and terminate his contract without their asking. So none of the feckers are tempted to bring him on and throw the game away.

DanClancy

As soon as he came on West Ham looked threatening and killed an attacking momentum we had. I'm just praying he's not given a new contract and is moved on this summer.

normalone

He's not even good at headers. Criminal when you're as tall as this man and have no other attributes. Lacks composure, terrible positioning as a midfielder, terrible with the ball at his feet, awful vision

Loublaze

ATLien
Should just do all our managers a favour and terminate his contract without their asking. So none of the feckers are tempted to bring him on and throw the game away.
Right. It was shocking how players just walked past him with ease. Its like he was having lunch somewhere and asked to put his fork down and his kit on immediately and get in the game. He was so off

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Would be interested to see how many of his sub appearances led to assists/goals in the last 15-20 mins when we are chasing a game - if such a stat is online and can be found that is.

stevoc

Would be interested to see how many of his sub appearances led to assists/goals in the last 15-20 mins when we are chasing a game - if such a stat is online and can be found that is.
http://www.espnfc.com/player/84535/marouane-fellaini?season=2016

According to his player profile on ESPN last year he scored once after coming on as a sub in injury time when we were winning 2-1 vs Brugge. The season before he came on at half time vs QPR and WBA and scored one in each. We were losing at West Brom ended up 2-2, we were drawing at QPR. No assists that i can see.

So to answer the bolded part of your post never. He's not the best impact sub, as showed again today killed all the momentum we had. Not all his fault, bad decision by Jose to bring him on.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Quite shit today I won't lie. Probably our worst player on the pitch when he came on.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Mark fecking Noble looked like Messi dribbling around Fellaini. That's how slow and immobile he is.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

According to his player profile on ESPN last year he scored once after coming on as a sub in injury time when we were winning 2-1 vs Brugge.
That Brugge game was the one I thought of reading this thread. He came on and offered something when we were slinging balls up late on, and at the game I actually called his goal; "cross it in onto Fellaini's head' said I.

Other than that including today he's done sod all and I can't wait until he's out the door in all honesty.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

According to his player profile on ESPN last year he scored once after coming on as a sub in injury time when we were winning 2-1 vs Brugge. The season before he came on at half time vs QPR and WBA and scored one in each. We were losing at West Brom ended up 2-2, we were drawing at QPR. No assists that i can see.

So to answer the bolded part of your post never. He's not the best impact sub, as showed again today killed all the momentum we had. Not all his fault, bad decision by Jose to bring him on.
Cheers

justboy68

Mark fecking Noble looked like Messi dribbling around Fellaini. That's how slow and immobile he is.
Yep, it was pretty comical. He might not be so bad if he could actually move at the speed of an average human being, as opposed to an average ent from the Tolkien universe.

ZDwyr

He got about 8 minutes of game time but sure, he deserves the most backlash :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.