Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If he is not good enough how is Lingard, young, Rojo? He's clearly better than them all.
As said, he's part of a bigger problem. Neither of those players are good enough for United (you can add Schneiderlin, Depay and Jones while at it) same as Fellaini. Lingard is a reserve level of player

The Hilton

Far from our worst player today, although rightly changed as he offers the least going forward of the players we had out there.

stevoc

The likes of Fellaini and Lingard can put in good performances, they are hard workers, capable of following instructions and making an impact at times but we should only ever play 1 of them, especially in big games.

They are good squad players to have yes but when they are your go to guys for big games and you are playing 2-3 of them. It's no surprise we keep losing and drawing against the better sides this season. Between those two, Blind, Rojo and even Zlatan they were all very poor today.

Devil may care

We should not carry any player so limited on the ball in midfield, as soon as they scored the 2nd Mata should have been brought on.

Ixion

Like Monday once we lined up with Fellaini it was obvious we were going for a draw and inparticular when Fellaini starts we don't create much so the early goal meant it was game over.

Acole9

Outstanding
Enough is enough, he's a complete passenger in most games, we need to get rid of him.

An Irish Red

There was a point when he turned to Valencia, who was free, and took three touches before playing the pass. Which gave two Chelsea players the time to double up on Valencia of course.

He slows everything down and negatively impacts upon every attack he's involved in but sure it's all right because Rojo is worse or something.

Mike09

Not saying he was good but judging how people reacted on this forum I didn't think he was worse than Pogba or probably the worst one last night if we compare them at first half. In fact, I wanted Pogba got subbed off in first half but I knew it would be Fellaini since Jose won't sub off the £89m.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
There was a point when he turned to Valencia, who was free, and took three touches before playing the pass. Which gave two Chelsea players the time to double up on Valencia of course.

He slows everything down and negatively impacts upon every attack he's involved in but sure it's all right because Rojo is worse or something.
I remember that. He has the turning speed of a fecking tractor.

wc18

This thread is comical really. Again using Fellaini as the scapegoat for a piss poor team performance...
Just hilarious to see the posts from Monday compared to today lol.
It must be nice to come to this thread after every bad game and blame all of the clubs shortcomings on Fellaini being shit. I really think that's as far as some of our fans think. Its not that I think he had a great or even good game today but literally no one did. The posts from today laying into him just show how truly fecking stupid some of our fans are when it comes to objectively evaluating a game. They have an agenda against the guy and have since day 1 and it's honestly getting old and tiresome.

Ludens the Red

The biggest Fellaini problem is that if you go a goal down or are chasing a game (as we were today) or are trying to unlock a tight defence, he basically becomes useless regardless of whether he's playing bad or not. It is not in his locker to play in these kind of situations from such a deep position because he doesn't posses the skills needed. Mourinho will never deploy him as a centre forward or target man as he was under Moyes at Everton and LVG last season. Hes best used for games we intend to do lots of defending, though it'd have been helpful today if our team didn't concede within 30 seconds.

ZDwyr

Very poor. Seemed to have a different role than the Liverpool game too, which was strange.

DocRockter

It's difficult to play your best game when the opposition almost broke your leg and remains on the pitch for one.. No one was good today but there's no point judging him after the tackle ´cause his leg was probably numb and he was just hanging there until HT.

anothermix

The moment i saw Fellaini in the line up before the match start and I knew we were on our way to being trampled over in midfield.
He needs to go. Poor on the ball and losing it everytime he touches it.

lem8sh

Anyone have the clip when early in the first half he panicked under pressure, took one touch after receiving the ball before just kicking it straight out of play? Was hilarious.

legball

Fellaini isn't picking himself, I know where to direct my anger. Thanks.

Not saying he was good but judging how people reacted on this forum I didn't think he was worse than Pogba or probably the worst one last night if we compare them at first half. In fact, I wanted Pogba got subbed off in first half but I knew it would be Fellaini since Jose won't sub off the £89m.
It's not just coincidence Pogba is junk every time Fellaini plays and shows something of what he is worth when Fellaini doesn't play. He doesn't do anything obviously wrong, which means on stats alone he looks fine, but he makes it that much harder for everyone around him by being so clumsy on the ball and slow to pick a pass. Every time he gets it the opposition get an extra second or two to close us down.

ManUtd1999

Good to have Fellaini to blame, isn't?

When the defense allows such an early goal against Chelsea, your chances drop quickly.

ZDwyr

The moment i saw Fellaini in the line up before the match start and I knew we were on our way to being trampled over in midfield.
He needs to go. Poor on the ball and losing it everytime he touches it.
You probably thought the same thing before the Liverpool game too though.

Mike09

It's not just coincidence Pogba is junk every time Fellaini plays and shows something of what he is worth when Fellaini doesn't play. He doesn't do anything obviously wrong, which means on stats alone he looks fine, but he makes it that much harder for everyone around him by being so clumsy on the ball and slow to pick a pass. Every time he gets it the opposition get an extra second or two to close us down.
I don't think it's fair to blame on Fellaini for Pogba's performance. When Fellaini was off, Pogba still had a shocking game in 2nd half. Fellaini didn't even play against Feyenoord and Pogba was so poor in that game. Still think it's Fellaini's fault for Pogba being junk?

Robbie Boy

This thread is comical really. Again using Fellaini as the scapegoat for a piss poor team performance.
I absolutely hate this kind of retort on here to players being criticised. You do realise that this is the Fellaini 'performance' thread, right? Therefore, he is being called out for a shit performance yesterday. How the actual feck does that make him a 'scapegoat'? Other players are being absolutely lambasted in their respective 'performance' threads, and rightfully so. Christ. Poor little Marouane, eh....

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Nice to have him to blame right? He was poor/average like everyone else, but this is getting ridiculous. Is he to blame for Smalling/Blind being shocking and pretty much gifting them four goals?

I don't think hes Utd quality, but he has been rather good this season and has done what is asked for him. He is never going to be the player people want him to be, so its kinda pointless to use that as a stick to beat him whit.

Lentwood

Some of you need to wake up to the real problems at this club. It's OK lambasting easy targets like Fellaini and Rojo every week but it achieves nothing

This season Fellaini has played to 85/90% of his ability imo. If every player could say the same we would be top 2 now.

Roboc7

Total waste of space, should have been subbed off as soon as we went behind because he had nothing to offer. If this guy is starting games regularly we will never compete for the title, no team above us in the league would pick him because he is too limited.

Robbie Boy

This season Fellaini has played to 85/90% of his ability imo. If every player could say the same we would be top 2 now.
Yep, tries hard but that's hardly good enough, is it? I could try my best to work somewhere where I would be out of my depth, but I doubt that would count towards much if I lacked the ability to do my job.

My issue with Fellaini is that he is pretty much guaranteed to start all the big games which in turn, leads to us lining up looking to contain the opposition. My heart sinks when I see he's starting. He tries his best for sure but he simply doesn't offer near enough as a central midfielder. Lets be honest, if he played for the likes of Liverpool or Chelsea, he would be slated on here. This place has gone far too soft on mediocre players post Fergie. Some of the players that people think are good enough from this current squad genuinely astonishes me.

So yeah, Fellaini is a great trier, but ultimately he isn't good enough despite a-few decent runs of form that he's shown.

ZDwyr

Some of you need to wake up to the real problems at this club. It's OK lambasting easy targets like Fellaini and Rojo every week but it achieves nothing

This is a pretty good post. The easy targets are just that: easy. You can criticise them but at the end of the day Pogba, Zlatan and others are probably more deserving at the moment. They are supposed to be our best players yet they have been consistently out performed.

jojose

This is bang on. It’s not so much his individual performances, it’s how he effects the team. Everybody who has worked with him has the opinion that he can be relied on to “do a job” and that when given an instruction, he does just that. That’s fine. I can accept that and I can see individually he can have effective games. Let’s not get carried away, in 3 and a bit seasons he has never achieved anything better than effective.

The problem lies when the level of the team mates around him seems to drop significantly every time he plays.

He’s always involved in our horror shows. Always. But people say “he won 5 headers”! It’s my belief that his ability in the air is an absolute myth anyway.

Fellaini being effective isn’t enough to warrant his place when it renders the whole team far poorer. Its even more frustrating to watch him amble about when you have the exact opposite player sat on the bench. Michael Carrick goes about his quietly, shielding the back 4, releasing the wall quickly, accurately and forward and is also good enough in the air.

Pogba against Leicester was very good and scored. No Fellaini. Pogba against Stoke was very good, was unlucky not to score the header, should have score when he went near post and should have had an assist for Zlatan. No Fellaini. Pogba against Fenerbache was very good. No Fellaini.

KeaneSixteen

"All they can talk about is Manchester United."
My baseline opinion of Fellaini is that he's not good enough to play at Manchester United. When we signed him I was willing to give him a go, because he was/is a good player, but though my opinion of him may raise above the baseline, very occasionally, it still remains that he's not good enough. He slows us down, is unadventurous, is a liability whenever he challenges for the ball and for a big man he's not especially good in the air. Great chest control though. We could do better.

KeaneSixteen

"All they can talk about is Manchester United."
This is bang on. It’s not so much his individual performances, it’s how he effects the team. Everybody who has worked with him has the opinion that he can be relied on to “do a job” and that when given an instruction, he does just that. That’s fine. I can accept that and I can see individually he can have effective games. Let’s not get carried away, in 3 and a bit seasons he has never achieved anything better than effective.

The problem lies when the level of the team mates around him seems to drop significantly every time he plays.

He’s always involved in our horror shows. Always. But people say “he won 5 headers”! It’s my belief that his ability in the air is an absolute myth anyway.

Fellaini being effective isn’t enough to warrant his place when it renders the whole team far poorer. Its even more frustrating to watch him amble about when you have the exact opposite player sat on the bench. Michael Carrick goes about his quietly, shielding the back 4, releasing the wall quickly, accurately and forward and is also good enough in the air.

Pogba against Leicester was very good and scored. No Fellaini. Pogba against Stoke was very good, was unlucky not to score the header, should have score when he went near post and should have had an assist for Zlatan. No Fellaini. Pogba against Fenerbache was very good. No Fellaini.
With Pogba in there too, you've got two amblers.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Eh? Pogba's had two, at most three, really good games this season. In arguably his best performance over 90 minutes, his debut against Southampton, Fellaini also played.

He's also had a bunch of average to poor performances in matches where Fellaini didn't play. The most recent and most obvious being Stoke. So whatever pattern you think you've picked up hasn't actually happened.

Eh? Pogba's had two, at most three, really good games this season. In arguably his best performance over 90 minutes, his debut against Southampton, Fellaini also played.

He's also had a bunch of average to poor performances in matches where Fellaini didn't play. The most recent and most obvious being Stoke. So whatever pattern you think you've picked up hasn't actually happened.
If Stoke was Pogba playing badly I hope he plays badly more often. He was one of our better players.

A poster above already cited the individual games that show the trend.

Smores

He's useful for a certain tactical role and he's done it well several times this season. Only a handful of other players have done the same.

He's just the modern day Fletcher to this place in its internal struggle to accept there's a role for players who are only there to break up the play.

He's well down the list of people to blame yesterday but perhaps people just want to avoid blaming thier favourites.

If you dont think his role was needed then thats a criticism of Jose not Fellaini. Since the alternative everyone proposed was a 35 year who played days before and struggles against pressing teams then perhaps tactics shouldnt be judged either.

dichinero

He has his usefulness but he should be limited for 1 game a month. In order words, we don't need him as he is not important to a progressive team!

Status
Not open for further replies.