g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Marouane Fellaini image 27

Marouane Fellaini Belgium flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
People act like he's having good games, but the reality is we aren't playing good football.
People act like he's having good games when he's having good games, the football we're playing has got nothing to do with that. Or is it his fault that we're not playing well when others aren't playing as well as he is?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The reality is, haters will always find a way to hate, you would'nt know what a good performance is even if it hit you in the face, you are too busy living in your little bubble where you think you got it all figured out

What? :lol:
Joke of a post

BigCaine

No its not. Fellaini epitomises the mediocrity post Ferguson. We've spent 400 million for crying out loud. Stop making excuses and accepting crap.
Is it really an excuse though, fellaini isn't some great player he is an average player overall but you want someone to play long balls there isn't a better player out there, it is not a tactic one would want utd to play game in game out but as a secondary tactic if your normal tactics are not working it ain't bad, especially now that he isn't the first name on the pitch. It is a squad game, fletcher,o shea, park were not world beaters but were integral part of the team.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
No im embarrassed by the direction the club has taken. We re no better than City.

so 4th 5th and 6th is acceptable??? Millions and millions spent is acceptable?? Scoring the lowest number of goals in a season is acceptable??
whart does that have to do with Fellaini?

BTW you only need one '?' More does not make you look any smarter.

Eddy_JukeZ

His chest control is honestly orgasmic. Must be amazing in bed.

He did very well. Props.

Ubermensch

Gonna eat my words on this too. Don't think he should be a starter but he's a genuinely capable squad player. Lingard however...

MILLHILLMANC

Is it really an excuse though, fellaini isn't some great player he is an average player overall but you want someone to play long balls there isn't a better player out there, it is not a tactic one would want utd to play game in game out but as a secondary tactic if your normal tactics are not working it ain't bad, especially now that he isn't the first name on the pitch. It is a squad game, fletcher,o shea, park were not world beaters but were integral part of the team.
But those players you mentioned bought into fergusons way of playing the game not knocking it up 50 yards to fellainis chest!?! It's not better than Wimbledon of the 80s and 90s

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Its interesting that very few actually see what Fellaini does well. A number of times he was well forward in the RM penalty box and an attack broke down and RM countered, Fellaini was the one player who tracked back harder than anyone to help the defence. He was working box to box but more importantly his pressing was done really well, using the right triggers and technique. He knows when to press, if you watch he always shuts down the opposition players space hard if they have turned to face their own goal or if they have received or are receiving the ball while facing their own goal. He keeps his shape well as was evident in the EL final. However the muppets on the caf only ever blather on about lumping the ball to him and also completely miss that most of his touches on the ball are when he is using 1 or 2 touch passes or being used as a simple wall pass from a player already moving.

el3mel

Excellent. That's the only thing that can be said. He's the one who revived us today and we didn't play until he hit the field. After he was introduced all of our long balls have been of a value. His physicality won us the possession in front of their goal a lot.

Deserve credit.

Stack

But those players you mentioned bought into fergusons way of playing the game not knocking it up 50 yards to fellainis chest!?! It's not better than Wimbledon of the 80s and 90s
Clueless.
He had one long ball played to him from the back that went to his head and one cross field ball that went to his chest. The other aerial balls he received were from crosses because if you watch he always heads to the back post which is clearly and instruction from Mourinho. The majority of his touches were from balls played to his feet. Put your glasses on, you are confusing the microwave with your dildo

LoSpritz

Played a part in the build up to the first goal that, honestly, our golden boy Herrera wasn't able to do.
Sometimes you need that brute force.
He's a great squad player to have around, I don't understand those who can't see that.

Hojoon

we didnt do anything at all before he came on. So whats the point you are making?
That we should stop playing aimless long balls too quickly? I'm not blaming Fellaini here for what it's worth.

SteveW

The attitude of some people on here is crazy. We would have been nowhere without Fellaini tonight. Madrid couldn't handle him at all. Useful weapon to have

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
That we should stop playing aimless long balls too quickly? I'm not blaming Fellaini here for what it's worth.
its the 'aimless long balls' that created any kind of threat we had tonight. I dont mind that approach at all, when it required.

SteveW

RTE tearing into him here. Pathetic. He was our best player

Rada

What? :lol:
Joke of a post
You know what's a joke? Fans like you. You even come with the classic "What?" and a smiley response. But yeah, i guess your reading comprehension isn't strong, let me know if you can't deal with sentences that's longer than 5 words.

SteveW

Cunningham balancing it to be fair after Sadlier's nonsensical rant

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Sometimes you need that brute force.
Here's the root of the problem. He does offer something. But it's not what the people who don't like him want. It shouldn't be what we need. It also doesn't work most of the time.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Happy for the big man, played better and Madrid weren't the same once he came on.

3KDré

It's so depressing that he's actually one of our best offensive threats.

Hojoon

its the 'aimless long balls' that created any kind of threat we had tonight. I dont mind that approach at all, when it required.
I wouldn't say the earlier long balls were aimless, at least compared to the later ones. The earlier ones there was more chance of him controlling/heading it to goal or player while the later ones he was surrounded by several Real players making it more difficult.

MILLHILLMANC

Clueless.
He had one long ball played to him from the back that went to his head and one cross field ball that went to his chest. The other aerial balls he received were from crosses because if you watch he always heads to the back post which is clearly and instruction from Mourinho. The majority of his touches were from balls played to his feet. Put your glasses on, you are confusing the microwave with your dildo
Oooh touched a nerve. Calm down! You obviously are a fan of 4th 5th or 6th in the league as that's our level with players like Fellaini in the squad

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You know what's a joke? Fans like you. You even come with the classic "What?" and a smiley response. But yeah, i guess your reading comprehension isn't strong, let me know if you can't deal with sentences that's longer than 5 words.
:lol: why you getting irate?
Classic shite grammar from someone calling another's English skills out.

MILLHILLMANC

We didn't spank 400mil on Fellaini though did we? Perhaps have a go at the ones who haven't justified their transfer fee.
The 30 million Moyes spent on him as a panic buy all those years ago started the long slog to mediocrity that we now experience weekly...followed by LVG s philosophy shit and Mourinho s obsession with one up front

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's a great option to have. Always has been. As long as he's used that way (the way he was tonight) it is fantastic to have him.

The only issue is when he's relied on to be more than that. If we look at him to be one of our main starters. That's not on.

Stack

Oooh touched a nerve. Calm down! You obviously are a fan of 4th 5th or 6th in the league as that's our level with players like Fellaini in the squad
No numbnuts.
Fellaini had a good game and your contribution was some cliche around mediocrity etc. You lacked the ability to see he had a good game and waffled off on your own clear agenda that didnt relate to his play. Its tedious, dull and lacking in intelligence. When he has a bad game go for it but try to actually provide input which was relative to what actually happened in the game.
Just for the record he isnt the type of player I like, I would prefer if we replaced him with a different type of player and I have said that a number of times over the last couple of years. I do however react to sheep who parrot cliches and nonsense which you do frequently. Get a clue.

ZDwyr

Good performance. Won the ball back in some useful areas and glad to see he appeared OK after the head-knock, Hopefully won't get any symptoms of a delayed concussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.