Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rada

:lol: why you getting irate?
Classic shite grammar from someone calling another's English skills out.

Here's the root of the problem. He does offer something. But it's not what the people who don't like him want. It shouldn't be what we need. It also doesn't work most of the time.
First let's get to the irony, obviously very strong here, second of all, reading comprehension have nohing to do with grammar, but it seems like you got problems with both, might wanna go back to school for that. And no one is mad, if anything you should be, because i find it really sad not being able to understand simple sentences. But honestly, you ability to respond like a 10 year old kid is very admirable, keep up with that ;)

Jonno

Solid performance from the big man.

Great option to have on the bench, has the ability to change games and his commitment to the team is unquestionable

Why people want him sold is beyond me

the hea

We were getting outplayed in midfield, both Pogba and Herrera had nothing to put up against Modric and Kroos so Fellaini was brought on as a target man so we could just bypass their midfield. It changed the game for the better for us so no complaints from me. If we had a midfield who could hold their own against Real there wouldn't have been a need for Fellaini today but the fact is we don't have midfielders of that quality.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
First let's get to the irony, obviously very strong here, second of all, reading comprehension have nohing to do with grammar, but it seems like you got problems with both, might wanna go back to school for that. And no one is mad, if anything you should be, because i find it really sad not being able to understand simple sentences. But honestly, you ability to respond like a 10 year old kid is very admirable, keep up with that ;)
I said English skills, mate. What are you even trying to point out in my post? You know 'here's' is short for 'here is' right?

Pointing out irony when you mean hypocritical, with the most hypocritical post yet. Absolute loon. You know someone is one when they start ranting about this kind of thing.

JohnnyKills

The anti agenda here is pathetic.
Good game from the topiary giant.
Some people see what they want.
Mate, the sight of balls being hoofed up to Fellaini is absolutely not what I want to see.

We're Manchester United, the richest club in world football, and whenever we face adversity we resort to lumping the ball up to a target man like a rich man's version of Stoke FFS.

It happened against City and Liverpool last season and it's happened again. Ferguson would never have resorted to that excuse for a tactic, and if you think I'm dredging up ancient history then I'd counter by saying we need to raise our standards. Applauding Fellaini for his effectiveness encapsulates why we finished sixth in the league last season.

We need to sort the midfield issue to stop teams bypassing us, rather than papering over the cracks with that horrifically garish coat of Belgian dulux. If Mourinho can't do that, he shouldn't be at United.

Apologies to Verminater, I'm not having a go at you!

Kapardin

Say it quietly, but his clumsiness masks the fact that he is actually a very good player. Some need to come to terms with it.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Excellent again from Fellaini. The lengths some go here to ridicule him and his ability is laughable. He's also got more fight in him than most of the feckers who wear the shirt. That alone is good enough for me.

Chip

A good squad player, and very useful plan b when we're chasing a goal at the end of games. But should we really be chasing goals by hoofing the ball up to Fellaini, Lukaku/Ibra, and Pogba the last 30 minutes of a match? To me that's just evidence of how much we are lacking an offensive identity and quality players.

Moonred

His basic football skills are better than some of our fancier players. He also seems to possess brain cells while playing a team sport which is lacking in many others. I love when people say, he isn't what Manchester United should be having. Well, we aren't that free flowing fluid United of the glory days. If and when we get there, he will be moved. Until then, he stands a better chance of making us achieve something than most of our other players who are equally average or worse. I'd much rather prefer a fellaini who is a 5/6 than a Mkhitarian who is a 7/8 for 10 minutes and 2 for the rest 80.

RedTiger

Half mast
Mate, the sight of balls being hoofed up to Fellaini is absolutely not what I want to see.

We're Manchester United, the richest club in world football, and whenever we face adversity we resort to lumping the ball up to a target man like a rich man's version of Stoke FFS.

It happened against City and Liverpool last season and it's happened again. Ferguson would never have resorted to that excuse for a tactic, and if you think I'm dredging up ancient history then I'd counter by saying we need to raise our standards. Applauding Fellaini for his effectiveness encapsulates why we finished sixth in the league last season.

We need to sort the midfield issue to stop teams bypassing us, rather than papering over the cracks with that horrifically garish coat of Belgian dulux. If Mourinho can't do that, he shouldn't be at United.

I get your points and I agree with your sentiments concerning the style of play we tend to resort to. I just don't understand why Fellaini has to become the pinata that some on the Caf feel they can keep whacking over and over in the hopes of magically gaining a competent and effective midfield

In his 4 years here he's never hidden from a challenge and he's always been committed in his performances, yet his games are always picked apart and used as an excuse to frankly justify the mediocrity of his teammates.

JohnnyKills

I get your points and I agree with your sentiments concerning the style of play we tend to resort to. I just don't understand why Fellaini has to become the pinata that some on the Caf feel they can keep whacking over and over in the hopes of magically gaining a competent and effective midfield

In his 4 years here he's never hidden from a challenge and he's always been committed in his performances, yet his games are always picked apart and used as an excuse to frankly justify the mediocrity of his teammates.
Yeah I agree, it's not Fellaini's fault. He's not picking the team and signing the players.

It's more what he represents: the mediocrity to which we've sunk and the brainless shambles we've been at times over the last four years.

Smores

Exactly this, he's used as a punching bag whilst our actual 'star' players underperforming is the only reason he gets minutes.
Rather than blaming him for being required people should be thankful we have a player who doesn't kick up a fuss and always gives it 100%.
I mean he improved our game today but people are pissed off with it ffs. They'd no doubt be happier if Herrera stayed on and nothing had changed.

Walters_19_MuFc

Noticed United fans have started chanting his name a lot more. Think people are starting to appreciate him a bit more, which is good to see.

He loves being here, works his arse off every time he plays and gets stuck in. Currently my favourite player.

AshRK

It's sad when more talented players are not selected ahead of him. Yes he was good today but let us be frank we cannot compete against the best with him. Sad how jose trust him over martial,mata etc. It's like zidane choosing vasquez over kroos or modric because he shows more passion.

Name Changed

weso26
He is plan B, but he shouldn't be. It's crazy. The difference in quality between any of their midfield and Fellaini is astronomical. Different sport.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Fergie used to resort to it regularly- Steve Bruce moving to cf happened often enough or vidic in later yesrs

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Noticed United fans have started chanting his name a lot more. Think people are starting to appreciate him a bit more, which is good to see.

He loves being here, works his arse off every time he plays and gets stuck in. Currently my favourite player.
Well said sir

Name Changed

weso26

Some people are more willing to accept mediocrity than others it seems.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Great lad. Heart of a lion, committed and considerably more skilful that given credit for. Powerful in either box, can hold up the ball. A great asset to the side.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It's sad when more talented players are not selected ahead of him. Yes he was good today but let us be frank we cannot compete against the best with him. Sad how jose trust him over martial,mata etc. It's like zidane choosing vasquez over kroos or modric because he shows more passion.
More like we can only compete with the best when he is on.

Your analogy makes no sense either.

Long live the AfroMan

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum

Literally did a bunch of times. Used to all the time in the last 10min needing a goal with the 92-95 team.

AshRK

More like we can only compete with the best when he is on.

Your analogy makes no sense either.

Long live the AfroMan
There's no analogy in here but a fact. Give that confidence to a martial or periera they will outperform him. Jose gives him the most confidence and hence he does ok,imagine if the same trust is shown to martial.

Jaybomb

We played better when he came on.

But let's just ignore that.

Hoofball/Afro/Moyes/Mediocre/Chest control/Championship quality etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.