Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
A few reports in Turkey have said he's on his way to Galatasaray. Would be unreal news but I can't see Jose selling.
Only if it meant that we were going to give Perreira and Tuanzebe a proper shot. I'd rather we didn't reduce our numbers only to replace him with someone like Dier. Knowing Mourinho there's no way he's going to trust either of those kids, so I'd rather we kept Fellaini around.

Loublaze

ATLien
Only if it meant that we were going to give Perreira and Tuanzebe a proper shot. I'd rather we didn't reduce our numbers only to replace him with someone like Dier. Knowing Mourinho there's no way he's going to trust either of those kids, so I'd rather we kept Fellaini around.
Dier is a much better player. I hope United finally get rid

Loublaze

ATLien
Fellaini has contributed a hell of a lot more than Smalling has.

MOTM in the Europa League final, scored in the semi final, scored in the CL Qualifier last season and scored three times in the road to the FA Cup we won.

Smalling... I can't think of any good moments he's had. Maybe the header against City a few seasons back. That's it.
So you're comparing a CB and a midfielder based on goals scored? Alrighty. Lets just forget the 'Mike' Smalling season when he played 50 plus games, was voted player of the season by his teammates and United conceded the joint least goals and had the most clean sheets.

Last edited:

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
There's no better moment for Fellaini to end his United career than to do it now on a high after EL win. His standing within our fanbase has never been higher and let's be honest, when new season starts the only way for him is downwards.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He has his uses. He is not a regular starter. He is happy playing that kind of role. Manager is happy to give him chances based on the match.
I don't see why fans should complain.

I can understand if he was like the first name on the sheet, but he isn't.
He is a regular starter. In fact, I can barely recall him coming off the bench. He started the season as first choice, lost his place for a bit when we switched to a 3, then ended the season starting every game again.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
There's no better moment for Fellaini to end his United career than to do it now on a high after EL win. His standing within our fanbase has never been higher and let's be honest, when new season starts the only way for him is downwards.
Neither he or his manager will want to end his United career.

He's dealt with the mindless abuse rather well so it wont bother him.

Vashu

Neither he or his manager will want to end his United career.

He's dealt with the mindless abuse rather well so it wont bother him.
Yeah most probably, but the pains... Pains of thousands observing him play, the pains of player not performing on a satisfying level especially if you take into account significantly higher level of the upcoming challenges awaiting us from August, the pains coming from bruises and all those sore heads. We should all agree to end it in this transfer window.

luke511

I feel like Fellaini is an accurate representation of everything that's changed for the worst since Fergie left. His toughness and willingness will give him a bit of a **** legacy at the club at least, best thing for both parties is for him to leave this summer.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Pereira is unproven in the league. In a crucial season for us, I wouldn't want to rely on kids in midfield. The kids can be gradually introduced but I'd rather we rely on Pogba, Herrera, Fellaini and Carrick and a new signing to push us to a title challenge.
Personally, think in that list you put he is 4th and probably I think he is ready to push for 3rd choice behind Pogba and Herrera.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Dier is a much better player. I hope United finally get rid
Doesn't say much tbh. He's an utterly average player, no point in spending what would be a fee in the region of £60m on him, only to then complain that we're still miles behind the top teams. Would rather promote youth and then wait to find a player whose truly top class that we can bring in.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Yeah most probably, but the pains... Pains of thousands observing him play, the pains of player not performing on a satisfying level especially if you take into account significantly higher level of the upcoming challenges awaiting us from August, the pains coming from bruises and all those sore heads. We should all agree to end it in this transfer window.
I don't agree with any of that.

Jaybomb

So you're comparing a CB and a midfielder based on goals scored? Alrighty. Lets just forget the 'Mike' Smalling season when he played 50 plus games, was voted player of the season by his teammates and United conceded the joint least goals and had the most clean sheets.
Cause we had De Gea. Simple as that.

And I'm not comparing them. Someone asked me how I could rate Fellaini and not rate Smalling and I explained. Smalling is a donkey and a liability at the back whereas Fellaini has stepped up on the big stage numerous times.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It's not as simple as that though. There were numerous factors why we were solid at the back that season beyond De Gea.

De Gea was outstanding, but both Smalling and Blind had very good seasons. Individually they had very good performances against the league's best strikers. We had numerous games where we only allowed 1 or 2 shots on goal, sometimes zero, where Smalling and Blind were excellent. Whatever has happened either side of that year doesn't change that Smalling had a very good 15/16.

Jaybomb

It's not as simple as that though. There were numerous factors why we were solid at the back that season beyond De Gea.

De Gea was outstanding, but both Smalling and Blind had very good seasons. Individually they had very good performances against the league's best strikers. We had numerous games where we only allowed 1 or 2 shots on goal, sometimes zero, where Smalling and Blind were excellent. Whatever has happened either side of that year doesn't change that Smalling had a very good 15/16.
And Fellaini had a good 12/13 at Everton. Even getting himself into the Team of the Season.

Not sure what your point is here. Fellaini has been a better player for us than Smalling has and the evidence is there to be seen. Look at our last 3 cup wins and Fellaini is involved massively. I'm struggling to think of a Chris Smalling highlight.

And those awards are pure popularity contests. Herrera won it over Zlatan this season ffs.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
And Fellaini had a good 12/13 at Everton. Even getting himself into the Team of the Season.

Not sure what your point is here. Fellaini has been a better player for us than Smalling has and the evidence is there to be seen. Look at our last 3 cup wins and Fellaini is involved massively. I'm struggling to think of a Chris Smalling highlight.

And those awards are pure popularity contests. Herrera won it over Zlatan this season ffs.
My point is that you're reducing 15/16's solidity to the goalkeeper, and that the defence had nothing to do with it, and that's just not true.

I didn't even mention anything about awards, or Fellaini.

ThanksBoss26

Yep, whether he stays or goes, he deserves credit for that. Semi-final goals in all three competitions is a very important contribution.

stepic

yeah, yeah, and I suppose you think de gea is good too. He never bloody scores.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Might be good for Pereira
I expect we'd replace Fellaini with a player that's definitely ready for 30/40 games in the first team as he's a player that was trusted a lot last season, not to say Pereira isn't ready but there's still a real chance it might not work out for him. I hope he can step up but he's got a lot to prove as even Herrera wasn't an automatic starter for Mourinho, he had to work his way into the team.

If we could have brought someone in first before replacing Fellaini we'd be in a much stronger position to bargain, we're already struggling to make moves. Felli's been an important player for us in recent years so hopefully, we'll get someone good in.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I expect we'd replace Fellaini with a player that's definitely ready for 30/40 games in the first team as he's a player that was trusted a lot last season, not to say Pereira isn't ready but there's still a real chance it might not work out for him. I hope he can step up but he's got a lot to prove as even Herrera wasn't an automatic starter for Mourinho, he had to work his way into the team.

If we could have brought someone in first before replacing Fellaini we'd be in a much stronger position to bargain, we're already struggling to make moves. Felli's been an important player for us in recent years so hopefully, we'll get someone good in.

Even if we do replace Felaini with a 30 game player which I think we will. Pereira imo would be 4th/5th CM and I believe Carrick is passed it and Pereira will so be 4th. Thats a good place to be as we sometimes play a 3 man midfield.

Jaybomb

Yep, whether he stays or goes, he deserves credit for that. Semi-final goals in all three competitions is a very important contribution.
I'd go as far to say that we wouldn't have won those trophies without him.

He's a big game player. But because he can't do a defence splitting through ball, people hate on him. Newsflash: that's not what he's instructed to do. Every manager we've had has favoured him. These are coaches with decades of experience but apparently John from Salford knows better than fecking Mourinho.

Can't stand our fans sometimes. You have the right to your opinion and all but don't celebrate his fecking exit. He's been a good servant for us, better than most. He deserves respect for putting up with the shit our fans give him and putting in 100% every time. This is a guy who got BOOED by our own fans ffs. How can you not support him after that? If he was bought by Ferguson, he would be a **** hero like Anderson and Forlan.

Vashu

I'd go as far to say that we wouldn't have won those trophies without him.

He's a big game player. But because he can't do a defence splitting through ball, people hate on him. Newsflash: that's not what he's instructed to do. Every manager we've had has favoured him. These are coaches with decades of experience but apparently John from Salford knows better than fecking Mourinho.

Can't stand our fans sometimes. You have the right to your opinion and all but don't celebrate his fecking exit. He's been a good servant for us, better than most. He deserves respect for putting up with the shit our fans give him and putting in 100% every time. This is a guy who got BOOED by our own fans ffs. How can you not support him after that? If he was bought by Ferguson, he would be a **** hero like Anderson and Forlan.
He surely deserves a song that mentions along it's lines Marouane's traits like elbowing people, knocking out enemies' teeth or causing bad types of headaches. Before anyone jumps on the gun remind yourself of the Vidic's form of appreciation. Fellaini is unique in same way as a white rhino.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Never gonna happen this summer, no chance.
There seems to be a lot of noise around it, all of a sudden if there's nothing to it.
But of course, it'd be ridiculous to sell a midfielder without as an absolute minimum a replacement coming in.

And we were after one before this situation!

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I agree, it would be a good sign if it did though. A new midfielder would be certain and a chance for Andreas.
There seems to be a lot of noise around it, all of a sudden if there's nothing to it.
But of course, it'd be ridiculous to sell a midfielder without as an absolute minimum a replacement coming in.

And we were after one before this situation!
Agree on both counts. Unfortunately I don't believe Mourinho will be inclined to ship out Fellaini anytime soon. Everything that's been coming out the past few months, with regards to Fellaini, seems to indicate that Mourinho regards him as a trusted asset.

Roboc7

He's spent four years proving he isn't good enough and his playing time needs to be significantly reduced but don't see point in selling him now given lack of depth in midfield.

Can't imagine we would get much money for him so may as well let him leave for free next summer.

Vashu

The only thing that makes Fellaini not so easily replaceable is the state of the market right now.

Loublaze

ATLien

And I'm not comparing them. Someone asked me how I could rate Fellaini and not rate Smalling and I explained. Smalling is a donkey and a liability at the back whereas Fellaini has stepped up on the big stage numerous times.
1. I don't know if you understand what comparing is but you just obviously did when you mentioned their goalscoring contributions in one sentence
2. 'Cause we had De Gea'. You couldn't be less informative if you tried with that baseless analysis. Both Blind and Smalling played 50 plus games as a central defensive pairing, but no, its Cause we had De Gea, simple as that LOL

RedDevil@84

RedPnutz

Seems fans only want United to play one particular brand of Football, which is the type of stubborn philosophy that Klopp and Pep have, and which doesn't always work. No system works 100%.

Mourinho is a manager that is reputed for adapting to the opponent tactics, negating them and exploiting weaknesses. It's not always a pretty way to play.

But what such a system like this needs is different options. The system needs different plans and outlets sometimes in the same game. Guys like Fellaini and Perisic offer something very different to the rest, and these often can be used to disrupt opponents. Disrupting opponents is a very key aspect to Mourinho's tactics.

Fellaini obviously has his shortcomings, I don't think Mourinho has any illusions that he is at World Class star but I think Mourinho knows how to use him in certain systems to add balance or complement tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.