Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yeah, very funny. So funny you ignored the whole point of the message which was the second sentence. It's people like you that make the experience here worse than it previously was. Rather than reading to understand and argue, you read to reply by nitpicking stuff you can ridicule. Good on you.
Give it up mate. Everyone in here have watched him since his first professional game end of last season and we could see his potential but not you. And you used Messi as an example.

R'hllor

He's been by far the best player on the right this pre season.
Yea think so too.

To be honest after last couple of years, i am sick of tired watching same shit happening every game. You see team formation before a kick off on the pitch, Mata is on the right -> Kick off -> ball goes to Mata, he then passes backwards and in that very moment, you can see Mata slowly moving towards mid leaving bigger and bigger hole behind him on the right side. Opposition LB observing whole situation and asking himself, is this heaven.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Yea think so too.

To be honest after last couple of years, i am sick of tired watching same shit happening every game. You see team formation before a kick off on the pitch, Mata is on the right -> Kick off -> ball goes to Mata, he then passes backwards and in that very moment, you can see Mata slowly moving towards mid leaving bigger and bigger hole behind him on the right side. Opposition LB observing whole situation and asking himself, is this heaven.
:lol: nailed it. Easiest game of the season for every LB on the league.

frookydinho

This kid, the confidence to take a pen so naturally with your weaker foot. Reminded me of a certain player whose son was on the pitch today - Maldini. Not many people realise but he was actually right footed

Prongsy

Would love to see how he'll look after having played 20 senior games. He looks promising now, but I want to see makings of him as he just starts six months into his career, as Rashy was after his debut, and see how we use him.

I dont know why I can't talk of Greenwood without comparing him with our special really potentially talented players who just broke through. and its quite a credit, they are all, not just kids, but still usable in senior 11. This kid, looks the most composed(for being slightly erratic in final stages as it comes to the last ball or whatever) and I dont even want to wait 3 years before he realizes he is ready.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't understand him. Definitely favors his left foot most of them time, especially with dribbling and some reaction shots, but then goes on and takes the pen with his right foot when there is no benefit either way :lol:

Anyway, every time you watch him play it's just incredible to think he's only 17 years old. He looks so mature on the ball, he can handle himself physically (and that part with undoubtedly improve massively anyway), he's not rash on the ball, he makes smart and calm plays whenever he gets it and always seems to come into shooting opportunities. He's only 17 so I don't think it's entirely realistic to expect him to start right away, but he'll definitely have a very big role over the season and progress loads. Convinced he's going to be a star for us though.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I don't understand him. Definitely favors his left foot most of them time, especially with dribbling and some reaction shots, but then goes on and takes the pen with his right foot when there is no benefit either way :lol:

Anyway, every time you watch him play it's just incredible to think he's only 17 years old. He looks so mature on the ball, he can handle himself physically (and that part with undoubtedly improve massively anyway), he's not rash on the ball, he makes smart and calm plays whenever he gets it and always seems to come into shooting opportunities. He's only 17 so I don't think it's entirely realistic to expect him to start right away, but he'll definitely have a very big role over the season and progress loads. Convinced he's going to be a star for us though.
Maybe he prefers moving ball on the left but stationary on the right. Just a thought

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Maybe he prefers moving ball on the left but stationary on the right. Just a thought
Yeah could be he prefers striking with his right foot. Either way, not bad to have that level of comfort with both feet!

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think he’s even more talented than people on here make him out to be. He’s that good. Im getting the same feeling I did in Ronaldo’s first two seasons for us - albeit with a lot less frustration. He’s bursting with pure raw talent

VJ1762

Ok, there is so much doom and gloom in the cafe right now. So, I just thought to leave a Greenwood's compilation here. He is the definition of two-footed. He is unbelievable.

United58

Ok, there is so much doom and gloom in the cafe right now. So, I just thought to leave a Greenwood's compilation here. He is the definition of two-footed. He is unbelievable.

His technique is absolutely sensational - how many 17 year olds have there been with ball control that good?

Given all the reports on his mentality (skipping first team call ups for game time at reserve level, obsessed with football) I genuinely think injuries would be the only thing that'd hold him back from being an absolute star for us. Really hope he continues to keep his head down and establish himself in the squad over the coming seasons.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This not been posted yet? Sounds like a very grounded young man.

3KDré

Next World Cup, England will have some attack.
Looks like we're starting to finally have a better, more technical team. Our defence has some great fullbacks, plus Maguire and Gomez. The midfield seems to finally have some creativity in it with the likes of Foden and Maddison, and in attack Sancho, Sterling, Kane are some of the best in the world. Exciting times.

Last edited:

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Looks like we're starting to finally have a better, more technical team. Our defence has some great fullbacks, plus Maguire and Gomez. The midfield seems to finally have some creativity in it with the likes of Foden and Maddison, and in attack Sancho, Sterling, Kane are some of the best in the world. Exciting times.
It may finally be coming home.

NoPace

AgentP

In a few years, he'll be unstoppable. Defenders usually try to push a player to their weaker side while defending one on one. What are they gonna do against him? He has the dribbling ability and the finishing to take full advantage of his ambidextrous feet.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
No pressure to the lad but he could be United best striker ever.

Every time he has the ball near opponent box, I'm expecting something incredible happen. If it's up to me, he'll be starting every game.

ovoxo

I think on reflection, I’m quite excited that the young attacking talent will get a chance this season. Greenwood appears to have everything to go on to be world class. Gomes and Chong also have to get minutes. Gomes can take that number 10 spot from Mata and Lingard if given the chance, and I think before the end of the season he will be our starting number 10.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Every time he has the ball near opponent box, I'm expecting something incredible happen. If it's up to me, he'll be starting every game.
Ignoring the first sentence I can’t stress enough how important that bold part is. Players that give you that feeling are 1 in 100. He is that special

BarstoolProphet

No pressure indeed.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Don’t know why this thread has so much traction. Greenwood will be sat on the bench behind powerhouses like Mata and Lingard

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

Thank God you're not manager then. As good as he is, no player his age with his inexperience should be playing every game. I believe he can reach crazy heights, but to do that, he has to be managed properly and him playing every game at this stage of his career is certainly not being managed properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.