Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morpheus 7

One of the only positives tonight, he's been solid on this tour. I think he's going to make that position his own, Valencia the clown hardly done himself any favours tonight. I think his crossing is the only part of his game that is lacking but that will come. Really good signing, happy with Darmian.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Can you say power engine ?

This is what we were waiting for from quite a time. Right kind of player for this club.

Last edited:

Devil may care

Endless energy, and swept up after our dodgy CB's more than once as well as providing some threat in attack in the first half.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Absolutely brilliant tonight, left and right back. Can become the top full back in the PL I reckon.

darioterios

looked a bit mediocre, average, while we waste one apparently world-class guy and let him leave.
yeah right...

Distracted Steward

Darmian looks promising. His movement and positioning are class. His recovery running is eye catching; he definitely bailed some folks out tonight.

At times he tries to force longer passes that he shouldn't and causes turnovers, but more time in the team may sort that.

Let's see how he does with the physical EPL play. He's not the biggest and came from Italy. I think he'll have some momentary struggles but will prove plenty good enough to make it.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
“I have to start with the formation and when the formation is doing well, I let them pay in that formation,” the manager explained. “I think I shall play [Luke] Shaw with [Matteo] Darmian, and with Daley Blind. The right central position I have to consider. I am very pleased with the performance of Matteo Darmian, and you can see he can play on the right and left.
Changed his opinion about Valencia starting and Jones will probably be dropped for Smalling. Darmian will be starting Spurs now. :lol:

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Darmian looks promising. His movement and positioning are class. His recovery running is eye catching; he definitely bailed some folks out tonight.

At times he tries to force longer passes that he shouldn't and causes turnovers, but more time in the team may sort that.

Let's see how he does with the physical EPL play. He's not the biggest and came from Italy. I think he'll have some momentary struggles but will prove plenty good enough to make it.
What?
Italy is known for having good defenders, and he is said to be one of the best there, as far as I could gather.
Not the biggest, but he is far from a small right-back, keep in mind that the guy is 1.82 and can play CB as well.

Distracted Steward

What?
Italy is known for having good defenders, and he is said to be one of the best there, as far as I could gather.
Not the biggest, but he is far from a small right-back, keep in mind that the guy is 1.82 and can play CB as well.
I agree he's tall and comes from a culture that produces excellent defenders.

It's the shoulder to shoulder I see being a problem intitially. I think he'll line out quickly, but he'll face an adjustment. It's just so much faster and more physical than what he's faced.

Drifter

American
Played well defensively in the first half and made good runs but his crossing let him down.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Played well defensively in the first half and made good runs but his crossing let him down.
That's all that matters. His crossing was fine anyways. Not like Valencia offers more in that or any other department unless it's a bodybuilding contest.

prath92

Can improve on his crossing but He is good. He quietly does his job without all the screaming and shouting at players for making mistakes

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Can improve on his crossing but He is good. He quietly does his job without all the screaming and shouting at players for making mistakes
His mentality and humility will serve him well. Can just tell similar to Mata, he's a decent lad. Future fecking legend.

Shiva87

looked a bit mediocre, average, while we waste one apparently world-class guy and let him leave.
yeah right...
Really, were you watching the same game as the rest of us? To me, him and Shaw were the only 2 players who gained some credit in the game. LVG also seems to agree. I like Rafael too, but you can't be blind and not appreciate another player who did do a great job at RB.

Shiva87

Really, were you watching the same game as the rest of us? To me, him and Shaw were the only 2 players who gained some credit in the game. LVG also seems to agree. I like Rafael too, but you can't be blind and not appreciate another player who did do a great job at RB.
@darioterios Oops! You got me there!

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
He seems a good fit for us, he's slotted in quite seamlessly.

Cro

Our best player against PSG by a mile. Until now, he looks like a real steal.

Hoof the ball

I agree he's tall and comes from a culture that produces excellent defenders.

It's the shoulder to shoulder I see being a problem intitially. I think he'll line out quickly, but he'll face an adjustment. It's just so much faster and more physical than what he's faced.
Have you seen him? speed isn't going to be an issue. Doesn't matter how fast the EPL is, he's already one of the fastest players in the team. And more physical, yes, but hold the hype train. It's not as if the average Premier League player is built like Antonio Valencia and Memphis Depay. We overemphasise the physicality of the EPL. It is physical, more so than others, but he's a professional athlete playing in a league known for not being soft.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
i love him dearly. i want to hold him tight and sing lullaby's to his ear as he gently falls asleep.

what a lovely pick up he's been. i'm a huge fan already.

Distracted Steward

Have you seen him? speed isn't going to be an issue. Doesn't matter how fast the EPL is, he's already one of the fastest players in the team. And more physical, yes, but hold the hype train. It's not as if the average Premier League player is built like Antonio Valencia and Memphis Depay. We overemphasise the physicality of the EPL. It is physical, more so than others, but he's a professional athlete playing in a league known for not being soft.
:yawn: Man, I guess I am not as clear as I think I am when I post. Let me try again.

I've seen him in all the friendlies so far. Yep, plenty fast. I think I've posted about his recovery ability, so yeah, no arguments here.

I mean the speed at which the EPL plays: limited time on the ball, frequency of runs, etc. Seria A is just played more slowly and deliberately. Everyone that moves to the Prem says it's fast, even faster than they figured it'd be. It's like the summer here in Texas. I can tell you it's hot, and you may well believe me. If you come down from further north it'll be a little rough for you until you acclimatize. It catches people off guard. I imagine the way the EPL is played versus Seria A isn't altogether different.

You don't have to be soft to take a few matches to learn to get your hips a little lower than your used to for shoulder to shoulder contact in Seria A. You don't have to be soft to be surprised a whistle didn't blow for what was for the previous years a foul in your experience.

I don't think he's soft. He gets stuck in and carries on well from what little I've seen.

While not every team resembles Pulis' Stoke, he'll have to adjust a bit.

In any event, I'm looking forward to seeing him develop. He looks like he's already good with upside yet.

Hoof the ball

:yawn: Man, I guess I am not as clear as I think I am when I post. Let me try again.

I've seen him in all the friendlies so far. Yep, plenty fast. I think I've posted about his recovery ability, so yeah, no arguments here.

It's like the summer here in Texas. I can tell you it's hot, and you may well believe me. If you come down from further north it'll be a little rough for you until you acclimatize. It catches people off guard.

Ok, that explains it better. In that case, fair point.

As for Texas, you're preaching to the choir. :) I lived in San Antonio (Nacogdoches) and New Braunfels for five years. You need to develop gills for living in San Antonio because it's like breathing pure moisture. :lol:

Nickosaur

Rafa world class :confused:

He's not even in the top 5 RBs in the league. He's never been anything close to world class.
He was tied with Zabaleta as the best right back in the league when he was at his peak, admittedly that may have only been for a season or two. Injuries really fecked the poor guy over.

And no, he was never world class, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a fantastic player for us at times.

Hellboy

When you read the comments on his FB page, you understand we have a gem at this club, a top top block and a bloody good footballer.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
When you read the comments on his FB page, you understand we have a gem at this club, a top top block and a bloody good footballer.
Pay me tens of thousands a week to be constantly injured and I can be a top bloke too. There no doubting his attitude is top notch but it makes 0 sense to keep a constant sick note.

Status
Not open for further replies.