Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Let me know when Darmian goes into Buenos Aires and comes out man of the match, instead of showing up less-than-League 2 laughable defending.

Watch this impressive, lightning quick display of defending against the big bad Azerbajian attack. Impressive.

Could you find me a video of him standing 5 yards behind the rest of the back 4? Or behinds one of him playing a woefully short back 'pass' to their centre forward. I'd really appreciate a collaborative video of all his crosses that hit the first defender as well please.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Dude, I don´t think you want to see that video of Valencia "¿5 yards? behind the rest of the back 4." You know why? Cause it will also clearly demonstrate your boy Darmian playing the Wolfsburg striker onside as well, making my point about his poor defending, and thus making Valencia completely irrelevant. Valencia could've been having a pint at the Bishop Blaize at that moment for all it would´ve mattered. Not to excuse Tony though, very poor defending by the both of them.

I wonder if Matteo gave Valencia thanks for saving him from being the real goat.

Varun

Staff
Dude, I don´t think you want to see that video of Valencia "¿5 yards? behind the rest of the back 4." You know why? Cause it will also clearly demonstrate your boy Darmian playing the Wolfsburg striker onside as well, making my point about his poor defending, and thus making Valencia completely irrelevant. Valencia could've been having a pint at the Bishop Blaize at that moment for all it would´ve mattered. Not to excuse Tony though, very poor defending by the both of them.

I wonder if Matteo gave Valencia thanks for saving him from being the real goat.
I have barely seen you post in any other threads bar this one. Do you log in just to big Valencia up and criticise Darmian?

Nobby style

I have barely seen you post in any other threads bar this one. Do you log in just to big Valencia up and criticise Darmian?
Why does it bother you so much that poor Matteo is being put under the same microscope that Valencia has to obsessively endure??? Let´s be fair. And don´t worry about my posting habits, it´s really no worry for you. Let me defend mi compañero suramericano. He´s one of my favs and he´s overcome tremendous odds to achieve what he has, and is nearly the longest serving present footballer on this great club. Respect.

El-Manos

Let me know when Darmian goes into Buenos Aires and comes out man of the match, instead of showing up less-than-League 2 laughable defending.

Watch this impressive, lightning quick display of defending against the big bad Azerbajian attack. Impressive.

Didn't realise Valencia had a new spouse ?

Varun

Staff
Why does it bother you so much that poor Matteo is being put under the same microscope that Valencia has to obsessively endure??? Let´s be fair. And don´t worry about my posting habits, it´s really no worry for you. Let me defend mi compañero suramericano. He´s one of my favs and he´s overcome tremendous odds to achieve what he has, and is nearly the longest serving present footballer on this great club. Respect.
My last response to you should have told you how much I "bother" about this. The only reason I asked you what I did is because whenever this thread is bumped, I see your posts here yet I don't remember seeing you in any other thread. I might be mistaken ofcourse.

Regarding your last bit, if Valencia is one of your favourites and you respect him etc, why are you in the Darmian thread slagging him off instead of posting in the Valencia thread posting about Valencia?

Nobby style

My last response to you should have told you how much I "bother" about this. The only reason I asked you what I did is because whenever this thread is bumped, I see your posts here yet I don't remember seeing you in any other thread. I might be mistaken ofcourse.

Regarding your last bit, if Valencia is one of your favourites and you respect him etc, why are you in the Darmian thread slagging him off instead of posting in the Valencia thread posting about Valencia?
Read what I´m saying, I´m simply putting Darmian under the same watchful critical eye. This is a thread about commentary on Darmian´s football. Fair criticism should be welcome, and I don´t think any of it has really been unfair. Does it bother you those who continuously slag off Young and Fella and Tony?

Varun

Staff
Read what I´m saying, I´m simply putting Darmian under the same watchful eye. This is a thread about commentary on Darmian´s football. Fair criticism should be welcome, and I don´t think any of it has really been unfair. Does it bother you those who continuously slag off Young and Fella and Tony?
I don't think an unknown person's opinion about a footballer could ever bother me so I'd have to say No to your question.

As I said in my first post, your criticism of Darmian doesn't bother me at all, why should it? The only thing I said was that for someone so active in this thread, I don't seem to recall you posting anywhere else which is a tad odd. You then proceeded to tell me it's because you love Valencia, respect him etc which makes it even weirder considering you should be in the Valencia thread then especially as your man got MOTM vs Argentina. Yet here you are bashing Darmian instead.

Nobby style

I don't think an unknown person's opinion about a footballer could ever bother me so I'd have to say No to your question.

As I said in my first post, your criticism of Darmian doesn't bother me at all, why should it? The only thing I said was that for someone so active in this thread, I don't seem to recall you posting anywhere else which is a tad odd. You then proceeded to tell me it's because you love Valencia, respect him etc which makes it even weirder considering you should be in the Valencia thread then especially as your man got MOTM vs Argentina. Yet here you are bashing Darmian instead.
Just sounds like a lot of bitter butthurt posters just cause their new boytoi is being exposed by someone definitely not on his wanky bandwagon. Deal with it, and stop the condescending crap, daddy.
Nobby style insofar as this is concerned talks a hell of a lot of sense.

Varun

Staff
Just sounds like a lot of bitter butthurt posters just cause their new boytoi is being exposed by someone definitely not on his wanky bandwagon. Deal with it, and stop the condescending crap, daddy.
You take your opinion way too seriously. You are just a nobody on the internet and you posting all this does NOT (newsflash) affect people the way you think it does. I already pointed out to you that the only reason I quoted you was because of where you seem to spend all your time on the Caf and had nothing to do do with what you post on the subject.

You might think Darmian is the new cafu or you might think he's the next abel xavier, who gives a shit man?

Regarding the bit in quotes, I have no idea what that is or where it is from. Certainly not something I have posted.

Edit: I am not being condescending btw, it's just odd to see a United fan post only in the Darmian thread especially when the reason behind this according to him is his love/respect for Valencia. I do get it now though, bashing Darmian makes you feel better about Valencia. Carry on. Won't be quoting you again.

Nobby style

You take your opinion way too seriously. You are just a nobody on the internet and you posting all this does NOT (newsflash) affect people the way you think it does. I already pointed out to you that the only reason I quoted you was because of where you seem to spend all your time on the Caf and had nothing to do do with what you post on the subject.

You might think Darmian is the new cafu or you might think he's the next abel xavier, who gives a shit man?

Regarding the bit in quotes, I have no idea what that is or where it is from. Certainly not something I have posted.

Edit: I am not being condescending btw, it's just odd to see a United fan post only in the Darmian thread especially when the reason behind this according to him is his love/respect for Valencia. I do get it now though, bashing Darmian makes you feel better about Valencia. Carry on. Won't be quoting you again.
Oh my god, you´re not going to quote me again? I´m disappointed. Are you some kind of management here, or voice of The Cafe? WTF?

ivaldo

You see that there is the difference, a marginal mistake doesn't compare to a massive one, one is a slight miscalculation, the other is evidence of a complete lack of understanding of how to play the position.

How come you didn't mention the backpass in your post?

Oh my god, you´re not going to quote me again? I´m disappointed. Are you some kind of management here, or voice of The Cafe? WTF?
Jesus I'm suprised Varun could continue to be so level headed conversing with you, he's actually a very respected poster who's opinion people value and generally are able to have a conflicting opinion without resorting to childish name calls. 'Bitter butthurt'? Seriously?

Last edited:

Nobby style

You see that there is the difference, a marginal mistake doesn't compare to a massive one, one is a slight miscalculation, the other is evidence of a complete lack of understanding of how to play the position.

How come you didn't mention the backpass in your post?
Sorry to go on about Valencia, but I suppose I should address the post.

Has Valencia made loads of these offside positional mistakes? If so, I was´t aware of them. Feel free to post some specific examples, and not just the typical baseless generalizations. Wouldn´t you suppose he has a very good understanding of how to play the position, considering he is still here, playing for one of the elite clubs in the world, and Rafa was flogged off, and LVG has brought him in more than once when Darmian was too shite to continue, and he responded adequately. Seems like he probably understands very well, has the gaffer´s confidence, and likely still learning a thing or two being that he´s fairly new at fullback.

And yes, if it makes you feel better, the backpass was a horrible mistake. Valencia, like everyone else, is prone to a few.

Devil may care

Someone should create a Valencia vs Darmian thread to prevent this one getting clogged up by Valencia's agent.

ivaldo

Wouldn´t you suppose he has a very good understanding of how to play the position, considering he is still here, playing for one of the elite clubs in the world, and Rafa was flogged off, and LVG has brought him in more than once when Darmian was too shite to continue, and he responded adequately.
Way to piss on your own point. Lets use your logic shall we?

Wouldn´t you suppose Darmian is much the better player, considering he is here, playing for one of the elite clubs in the world, while Valencia has been demoted to back up, as LVG has brought him in to replace Tony in the starting line up because Valencia was too shit to continue?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Way to piss on your own point. Lets use your logic shall we?

Wouldn´t you suppose Darmian is much the better player, considering he is here, playing for one of the elite clubs in the world, while Valencia has been demoted to back up, as LVG has brought him in to replace Tony in the starting line up because Valencia was too shit to continue?
You could argue he was brought in as a much needed squad fullback as Rafael leaves and Blind moves to CB. He was given a chance to make the spot his own but hasn't really done so just yet and has been pushed out of favour recently after some poor performances.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
You could argue he was brought in as a much needed squad fullback as Rafael leaves and Blind moves to CB. He was given a chance to make the spot his own but hasn't really done so just yet and has been pushed out of favour recently after some poor performances.
Who brings in a squad fullback and then starts him in every match to give him a chance? How has he been push out of favour as well when he has started every match other than the league cup? He was taken off early twice but Valencia was taken off early once too, there is nothing to suggest he has been pushed out of favour.

ivaldo

Except that hasn't happened has it? Who has LVG favoured over him?

Nobby style

Who brings in a squad fullback and then starts him in every match to give him a chance? How has he been push out of favour as well when he has started every match other than the league cup? He was taken off early twice but Valencia was taken off early once too, there is nothing to suggest he has been pushed out of favour.
Well, two of his last three PL performances have been a disaster with him coming off at halftime. That´s a bit of a suggestion. A mare against Everton could prove the tipping point. Who would he be possibly up against on Everton´s wings?

RedDevil@84

Meanwhile Telegraph puts him in the dream team for Euros 2016 as one of the best options at RB.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I understand the criticisms but we have a collective problem, our fullbacks are too often in situations when they have to cover the outside and inside channel at the same time, Shaw had the same problem, Darmian had that problem early in the season but did very well and he is now struggling badly. To me the reason for that is that our CBs are too narrow (like for Walcott's goal last season), they cover a very little area and the fullbacks have a lot of room to cover between their CB and the touchline.
At the moment our defensive organization is bad, the wingers need to put a shift and the CMs need to provide better shielding which will allow the CBs to occupy more space. The 4-3-3 with Carrick deep could be an instant solution.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Made the European Qualifiers all star team. Not too bad for a RB who can't attack or defend.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
No one has said he can't defend... everyone has bad games, but he is a very good defender. He can't attack though.
Thats bs, its actually a very big part of his game

Cassidy

No it isn't. 90% of the time his crosses come to nothing.
I wasn't talking about 2 months of his career at United. He is a good attacking fullback.
Do you think Depay is not a good attacker also due to 2 months?

CG1010

Thats bs, its actually a very big part of his game
Not yet for United...

This is not the end of the world though as even Shaw was poor going forward in the first half of the last season and he improved gradually. Could be a feature of LVG 's coaching - maybe he wants them to master the defending first in our system and then build upon it. But there is no excuse for the poor crosses and poor throw ins he has shown till now. Got to improve from them.

Cassidy

Not yet for United...

This is not the end of the world though as even Shaw was poor going forward in the first half of the last season and he improved gradually. Could be a feature of LVG 's coaching - maybe he wants them to master the defending first in our system and then build upon it. But there is no excuse for the poor crosses and poor throw ins he has shown till now. Got to improve from them.
I agree, but hes been here 2 months. Look at Depay

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
I think its fair to say that he enjoyed a honeymoon for a while there. He's new to the league and the up and down nature of the EPL will get to him from to time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.