Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Shockingly bad at the moment... seems a world away from the player he was when he first joined us. Just what seems to be the issue here.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Shockingly bad at the moment... seems a world away from the player he was when he first joined us. Just what seems to be the issue here.
Nothing wrong with his defensive game. Not shockingly bad by any means.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Hasn't done much wrong.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I only got home at minute 50, so I assume Darmian must have stunk the place up in the first half to be called "shockingly bad"? He's been alright since I've watched.

Then I read about his poor attacking/delivery, which id agree with - he's been poor in the attacking third for a while now, but this is when he overhit a cross to the back post, seconds after putting a good ball in to Fellaini, who's first touch was shit.

justboy68

He created a few of our better half chances on the overlap and defended solidly. Hasn't stood out as bad tonight by any means.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He makes Smalling look like a good technical footballer...and his defending hasn't been all that.

Must do better.

Sigma

he has been pretty bad this half. could have gave away at least 2 goals in the first 10 minutes alone.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's really worrying that Valencia is again our best right back option by a mile even though we bought new fullback over the summer.

Sigma

It's really worrying that Valencia is again our best right back option by a mile even though we bought new fullback over the summer.
Goes to show Valencia is no where near as bad as people make out he is.

Devil may care

Terrible today, despite Rooney getting the lowest rating overall I think Darmian was clearly our poorest performer, in the last two games his defensive composure seems to have gone walkabout.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I've been defending him a lot, but he was terrible today. Although, we haven't been very solid at the back for a while.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
A Manchester United right back has to be good at attacking. Darmian is not. He just doesn't overlap. Why?

And now defensively he is getting worse. He's currently pointless.

At least Valencia doesn't get destroyed by pace and despite hitting shins he gets us on the front foot.

I hope Darmian improves because that's a month if dogshit from him.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Valencia would have been better suited to handling Zaha's threat. Shame he was unavailable.

facund

I don't particularly like Valencia at RB but he should be getting the nod if fit at the moment. A few too many bad days for Darmian recently and if he isn't offering defensive stability then he really isn't bringing anything to the mix.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Very disappointing after the initial promise. The defensive tenacity he showed in the earlier fixtures has completely disappeared; never did much in attack even then. Seems to suffer against pacey attackers. Both Sanchez and Zaha had him seeing starts. Hope it's just teething problems in a new league.

kundalini

Wouldn't be the first player to find himself somewhat out of his depth during his first season in the PL. Could do with finding a way to make an attacking contribution because his defending doesn't appear as amazing as it had appeared.

5 yellow cards in PL so I imagine he'll be suspended next weekend.

Last edited:

MarkC

Starting to worry about this guy and wonder how far down the pecking list he was for a RB. His knack for picking up cards is a worrying one, think LVG did him a big favour taking him off before he got a second yellow.

Valencia should be starting when fit. As much as people complain about Valencia's attacking contribution he offers far more than Darmian who i've yet to see do something decent in attack.

JoaquinJoaquin

Seems to be getting worse. Very disappointed because prior to his move and even in his month he was being raved about as one of the best RB in Europe.

Manny

Grammar Police
People built him up because his name wasn't Valencia. Hopefully he improves because he looked decent enough the first couple of weeks but at the moment Valencia is first choice if fit.
Nailed it.

But for the crossing and occasional defensive brainfart, Valencia has a positive impact on asserting our own attack and getting us on the front foot.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
How can you look so ridicilously solid in the first few games and then regress this drastically? Still feel he's a good RB though.

khoazany

Still remember having some doubts about him here after pre-season and was shot down.Ridiculous how he has regressed defensively in the last few matches though.

Loublaze

ATLien
He created a few of our better half chances on the overlap and defended solidly. Hasn't stood out as bad tonight by any means.
Bolasie killed him for pace and he couldn't handle his trickery. Totally killed him

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Still remember having some doubts about him here after pre-season and was shot down.Ridiculous how he has regressed defensively in the last few matches though.
We had a couple of posters calling him the best right back in the world a few weeks ago

Seriously that happened

Going to be honest I'd prefer Valencia at right back

justboy68

Bolasie killed him for pace and he couldn't handle his trickery. Totally killed him
That was from the other day mate. He was shite today. He's been pretty poor since the first month in my opinion with a few okay performances and a number of mediocre ones.

Natener

Lost all his composure since Luke Shaw got his injury. Seems hesitant in every thing he does now. I don't understand the link, but he needs to get himself back on track fast.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
With Darmian, one must keep certain things in perspective. He is barely 10 games into a new league (one that is physically intensive), and is probably low on confidence. He has to adjust to the physical demands, a grueling schedule, the magnitude of the club (keep in mind that Italian players are treated like trash by their parent clubs), not least to the country and all the off-field stuff. Plus, he played as a wing-back at Torino, so it's a positional change coming to a league where teams generally employ a fullback + winger. He will come good, there's a reason why both Barcelona, and Bayern Munich were in for him, apart from United, and why Juventus fans were pissed the club never approached him. He was the best wing-back is Serie A for consecutive season - the record speaks for itself, hence him being rated highly at the start of the season to go with a solid start. A fully adjusted Darmian would far outstrip anything Valencia can or has produced at rightback. He just needs time, and patience, like all imports do.

ZDwyr

Considering how Clyne is playing maybe we should have gone for him. Will obviously stick with Darmian and hope he can turn it around though. A shame his form has dropped away so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.