Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

suheilsworld

Solid today. Nothing fancy. Still needs to massively improve on his crossing. At least Valencia fizzes his crosses with some hope that it might deflect into the goal but his crosses are really poor.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Decent performance today, nothing special. His crossing needs work, otherwise we're going to be playing another man short in attack on the right flank when Mata is already usually drifting.
He put in a great cross that went right through the opposition's box.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Actually looked good going forward in the first half. Made a fantastic pass to Rooney as well. Good to see. In the second half he disappeared once again. Decent performance against a toothless Everton who gave him loads of space. Shouldn´t be lost however that a replacement Rojo did twice in four minutes what Darmian hasn´t been able to accomplish in a United shirt. City will be a massive test.

Roopea

As well as Valencia played yesterday, he always has many more games where he is dross against far worse players.

Darmian had started the season fantastically well, faded a bit in the last couple of games but he will be back to his best whilst he continues to settle.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
As well as Valencia played yesterday, he always has many more games where he is dross against far worse players.

Darmian had started the season fantastically well, faded a bit in the last couple of games but he will be back to his best whilst he continues to settle.
Drop him when he(Valencia) struggles..But he kept out a decent rb last season, he'll be up for the challenge this year too.

Lowkey

Looks short of confidence at the moment after a very strong start. The loss of Shaw has definitely had a big effect on Darmian. Looks like a headless chicken

thepolice123

Was shite when he came on. He's a tidy player in possession but his deficiencies when going forward are badly exposed when we need to chase a game.

m1y2

You could see the diffrence in quality between Darmian and Shaw and Shaw is 5 years younger. Darmian is a decent option as a back up for both LB and RB spots but we should buy some proper rightback of Manchester United quality. Not sure where to find such player. Hopefully there is some Martial of RB's out there..

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
You could see the diffrence in quality between Darmian and Shaw and Shaw is 5 years younger. Darmian is a decent option as a back up for both LB and RB spots but we should buy some proper rightback of Manchester United quality. Not sure where to find such player. Hopefully there is some Martial of RB's out there..
I'm not sure I'd completely write off Darmian as a potential long-term starter at RB. He's been struggling a bit recently, but he made an excellent start to the season and looked like a really good find. I think it'll be a lot easier for us to judge his potential long-term role at the club come the end of the season.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Was shite when he came on. He's a tidy player in possession but his deficiencies when going forward are badly exposed when we need to chase a game.
This would actually be my biggest concern with him. Struggles with the basic first touches/passes IMO. Solid defender though

m1y2

I'm not sure I'd completely write off Darmian as a potential long-term starter at RB. He's been struggling a bit recently, but he made an excellent start to the season and looked like a really good find. I think it'll be a lot easier for us to judge his potential long-term role at the club come the end of the season.
I'm not writting him off just yet but I don't see a world clas potential in him. Just because we had Rafael injured all the time recently and Valencia played there while we've seen some rotation of Smalling and Jones over the years there, doesn't mean Darmian is the answer. I'm not as excited as others but still not writting him off. I thin he can be some sort of Monreal for us with slower start and become reliable option on his side of defence but for every Monreal/Darmian there is a Belelrin/Shaw who are level above... the question is whether there is a player like this out somewhere but I believe so.. the likes of Galloways/Gomez's came "out of nowhere"..

And last thin, Rojo had a great game last night but he is not a long term option. In ideal world I would have it covered by Darmian while having another full back of great quality on the right. I wouldn't necesarilly go for leftback as Shaw is good enough to bench anybody but some proper fight between Darmian and the new face would be nice to see. Valencia's been good servant to the club but I hink he's the next one who will be transfer listed..

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I wouldn't read too much into a 10 minute cameo, especially, given how good he has been in most games this season. He's been very solid in defense, not great in attack, however, attacks from our right side seem to be very rare these days with Mata coming inside on most occasions meaning the full back is normally isolated. He doesn't have Valencia's pace so he's not really going to beat his man with pace and power.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
What did he do wrong yesterday
I was nervous that coming on so late and immediately facing KdB, there would some damage down that side, but nothing happened, at all. And there was one misplaced/misread pass to Rooney.
And people are writing him off?????

::sonny::

Yesterday he played few mins, but he looked like nervous with a really bad positioning

The difference between him and Valencia is evident (in this moment).

Zoo

Thought he was fine yesterday. Not easy to come into a game like that for the last 10 minutes.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Erm, he wasn't ''shite'' yesterday. He played 10 minutes and misplaced one pass. Other than that, nothing happened.

He hasn't shown much in his attacking play so far for us, but he's already shown that he's capable of making an attacking impact with his displays for Italy and Torino. I'm sure it'll come once he fully settles into the team. He should work on his crossing though.

Valencia was great in the second half against CSKA and against City so he deserves his starting spot at the moment, but Darmian was good against Everton after a couple of bad performances and with his early season form in mind, I think that he's been good for us so far. People should remember that he's still getting used to the league, so some bad performances here and there don't make him a bad player. Writing him off is extremely knee-jerk.

I also don't understand the extremeness in some of the posts on the caf. I have noticed it in many other threads as well, but it still boggles the mind. When a player is playing good, he's fecking brilliant, but when he plays badly in the next game all if forgotten, he's shite, should have signed someone else instead and/or doesn't have a future in the starting eleven.

There was also some rival fan on here than called Darmian a ''poor footballer''. It's fecking ridiculous.

Last edited:

arthurka

The Caf is so much Jesus or Judas..
He started well, fade a bit then had a great game vs Everton.. There is no Jesus or Judas here.. Very good signing.

Man Utd 0:0 Middlesbrough

m1y2

Another shocking performance... I don't really read into this onsense , fullback should know how to defend first and as long as he's good defender he's good enough for us. He's absolutely useless going forward, he's got touch and dribbling of Rooney let alone his passing which is off as well. Let's hope we scout someone and are ready to bring into the team as Rojo/Darmian/Valencia as fullbacks is bloody average for a club like ours..

FromTheBench

Valencia gives more than him attacking wise.

Whatever happened to the Darmian vs England at the world cup in attacking ?

Eddy_JukeZ

He's not a threat going forward.

Too often under pressure, he just lumps the ball forward too.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
His positioning when we attack is shocking sometimes. Lingard is cutting in with the ball, turns around to see the whole flank absolutely empty and Darmian on line with our CBs. Ah...

Status
Not open for further replies.