Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

gulli_G

Did he or was Darmian trying to distract him? He was offering Richards his hand to shake at another corner. Deliberate distraction? Or is that reading too much into it?
He was distracting him, typical Italian defender will try to take advantage of anything including bleeding Cheek

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I'd be very surprised if he doesn't establish himself as the best right back in the league at some point.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Very good signing by the looks of it. Incredibly hard to get past. He has this knack of always getting a toe on it making the attacker make a mess of it. I'm very impressed so far.
His tugging at the corner could have cost us though.

Dominos

His defensive awareness is miles ahead of valencia. cant believe we bought him as a cover for him. Knows exactly when to tuck in to defend and senses danger so early.
Did we bollocks. Van Gaal's words likely got interpreted wrong because he doesn't speak great English. He was just saying Darmian is now a 2nd option at right back, as in we now have 2 options.

Traub

Bets on how many times we will hear "typical Italian defender" by pundits and commentators before the end of the season? It's going to get nauseating.

Distracted Steward

Cleaned up very well, again. Clearly a trend.

I'd rather he had not carried on so much with Richards. It was a mismatch to begin with, and he found himself playing catch up a time or two--notably when he committed what should have been a penalty. Had he just focused on his man and what he had to do, maybe he wouldn't have found himself in that situation. Either way, he outmatched alone and stood up well.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Love the guy. Such an intelligent defender. He seems so tricky to get past. Just reads dribblers so well.

He will no doubt get sent off once or twice a season in the PL due to his Vidic-like style at corners but he is such a talent. Chuffed to have him.

Wittmann45

Very good signing by the looks of it. Incredibly hard to get past. He has this knack of always getting a toe on it making the attacker make a mess of it. I'm very impressed so far.
His tugging at the corner could have cost us though.
I should preface this by pointing out that it has only been two games, but....Used to hate when other full backs would try this. Most of the time, the foot in either caused the attacker to chip the ball past the defender or it resulted in a needless foul in a dangerous position. But Darmian is so quick and smart with his timing and anticipation that it seems to be a real strength of his.

Bets on how many times we will hear "typical Italian defender" by pundits and commentators before the end of the season? It's going to get nauseating.
He has replaced Rafael. Therefore, the go to for commentators with Rafael, ie Brazilian, so good going forward but struggles with defending, is going to be replaced by "typical Italian defender." They need to rely on mundane, over simplified tidbits to get themselves through the game of commentary

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Love the guy. Such an intelligent defender. He seems so tricky to get past. Just reads dribblers so well.

He will no doubt get sent off once or twice a season in the PL due to his Vidic-like style at corners but he is such a talent. Chuffed to have him.
1 red card, 19 yellows in 133 appearences for Torino.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Someone´s gotta say it . . . meh!

Virtually zero going forward. What, one cross? A couple of very clumsy fouls that gave Villa some dangerous free kicks. Could´ve given two penalties away, and was clearly outclassed by Richards on one of those corners. Caught dangerously out of position at the 50th minute on one of Villa´s best chances. Valencia would´ve been crucified for a similar performance.

Solid defensively for the most part, but I hate finding myself agreeing with Stuart Pierce.

Would definitely still take him over Valencia, but am not on the bandwagon as of yet.

rooney2009

I like him a lot already,he is going to be the best right back in the world in a couple of years and hopefully turn Barcelona down when they come calling.

Geordopolous

Cheeky bugger.
Hahahaha I love this so much and couldn't stop laughing because if you play it for longer, Richards thinks he's saying "I'm watching you" in Italian but he was just trying to help Richards, bless his heart. I think herrera is now 2nd behind my newest man crush.

Can defend too.

Mainoldo

Best right back in the league... Yes I said it.. The guy is a class defender.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor

Virtually zero going forward. What, one cross? A couple of very clumsy fouls that gave Villa some dangerous free kicks. Could´ve given two penalties away, and was clearly outclassed by Richards on one of those corners. Caught dangerously out of position at the 50th minute on one of Villa´s best chances. Valencia would´ve been crucified for a similar performance.

Solid defensively for the most part, but I hate finding myself agreeing with Stuart Pierce.

Would definitely still take him over Valencia, but am not on the bandwagon as of yet.
Clumsy fouls :lol: They were as clumsy as the freekick and yellow Bastian picked up when he came on against Tottenham...

El-Manos

That's why I never drink while watching a game...

Mali_Zeus

Are you sere that was in the 50th minute?
Or it was 52nd?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

We seemed to have Shaw and Darmian sat naturally deeper, as though they were under instructions to not get forward too much. I don't think he was as clumsy as you're making out.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

I like him a lot already,he is going to be the best right back in the world in a couple of years and hopefully turn Barcelona down when they come calling.
Loved the juxtaposition of these two hyperbole-ridden posts. I guess football is subjective...

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
He's calm and composed, reminded me of an ivanovic type performance. Apart from not scoring goals hardly anything gets past him in defence.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Shaw was clearly more offensive and exciting than Matteo. We we´re dead on the right side of our attack.
Because Mata was a nomad - both the chances he created were either through the middle or the left side. Darmian can't really bomb forward without any security.

MDFC Manager

Did he or was Darmian trying to distract him? He was offering Richards his hand to shake at another corner. Deliberate distraction? Or is that reading too much into it?
Distraction is exactly what he was trying to do, on both those occasions :lol:

MDFC Manager

He's taken to the league very well so far. Should already put a very early end to the Clyne>Darmian debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.