g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fridge chutney

Doubt Liverpool are in for him. Having said that, he’s Barcelona bound for sure. Just trying to get himself the best deal possible at Barcelona. We’re merely a negotiation tool. Thinking he’d join us in our current state is just naive.
Clear as day, he's coming to us.

None of this CL talk. Nothing about any one club being his dream; Ajax was his dream and that's been a reality. Time to focus on his career. Has a cheeky side to him that's endearing - likes to toy with journos...as opposed to cryptic comments and interviews that's as straight an answer you'll get. And most of all, we know he likes the Premier League.

If we're in for him and the likes of Stam, Rio, VDS, Blind are talking up United and Ole really sells the team plan to him then I can see it happening over Barca.
Correct.

Silas

This is what I've noticed the most. So many of these saga's are about players wanting to move to a CL club, but he hasn't mentioned this once. Obviously it would be important in the long run, but that's why I think he's coming here. Maybe Raiola has told him to leave it out so Barca increase their offer though.
To be honest, the CL only really becomes relevant for older players that don't have long left at their prime. For younger players, the general trajectory of the club is a more important consideration.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Didn’t Ole and Ed say we wanted our business done by 1st July? If so, we’re going to have to start confirming a few ins and outs.
We'll have a period like we had under LVG when we unveiled 3 players in a span of 2 days (Schmidfield and Darmian). This time it will be De Ligt, AWB and Rice/some other MF

Rooney24

To be honest, the CL only really becomes relevant for older players that don't have long left at their prime. For younger players, the general trajectory of the club is a more important consideration.
Hes going to Barca then.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
The longer it goes, the more likely Barca are to up their offer or do something to convince him imo.

They 'forced' Suarez to have surgery that meant he'd miss the CDR final. I reckon so he'd be good to sell this summer.

Gasolin

If he is ready to snub Barca for an English club, City will be favouriites to land him: Guardiola, style of play, money, great squad, etc. I guess City are not mentioned because they know de Ligt is Barca bound.
And hopefully they get a CL ban soon

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
United are the only English team that would pay the sort of high fee and wages for a player that's still relatively unproven.

I think it's a straight shoot out between you and Barcelona now. I think that Barcelona will get priced out of the deal, so he'll end up at United.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Isn't there anybody else at Ajax we could be looking to bring across to help De Ligt make the move?
Like a de Jong to Barcelona equivalent.

Brian McNair

Is Pep interested in him? I'd take him only if he was interested.
I have a feeling that this may be the case. With Kompany going and otamendi poor it would make sense. Plus with all this talk of Barca or money then City have loads of the £££££

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Listened to a couple of minutes and turned it off, he's so anti United it was a hard listen. What did he say re de Gea?
He's annoying but worth listening just for the De Ligt news. Brings up some good points about Barca's wage structure and how Raiola works. No idea what he's saying on De Gea I only listened for De Ligt. I'm sure his quotes will be on twitter later.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Him and Toby Alder woul be a dream start for Ole's transfer activities.

Muppet's fingers crossed.

Last edited:

pascell

He's annoying but worth listening just for the De Ligt news. Brings up some good points about Barca's wage structure and how Raiola works. No idea what he's saying on De Gea I only listened for De Ligt. I'm sure his quotes will be on twitter later.
I'll wait for the tweets on it all, hes too monotone to listen to :lol:

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
So England play Holland on June 6th. Someone needs to keep a watchful eye on any of the United players talking to him. We need a lip reading expert at the ready also.
Rashy & JLingZ will fill him in on what playing for Utd is all about I'm sure.

:nervous:

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I thought Castles was another one of the Caf's persona non Grata journos. I guess it's different if he's delivering 'good news'. Understandable to a certain extent but probably best to remember that he's usually classified as an absolute shite talker.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I thought Castles was another one of the Caf's persona non Grata journos. I guess it's different if he's delivering 'good news'. Understandable to a certain extent but probably best to remember that he's usually classified as an absolute shite talker.
He had sources when Mourinho was here but now that he's gone I'd be surprised if he knew anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.