5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Munich_1958

Memphis has been with us a couple of months and was throwing stright into the deep end at such a young age, there was always going to be inconsistency, but I think he is gradually getting there, he is gaining a yard again he just needs to work harder and he will be back at his best

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He read the caf and saw people telling him to bulk up, guess that didn't help this time.

All jokes aside though, I do feel he probably hit the gym hard thinking all he would need is to he physically strong, but speed IMO is more important especially as a wide player. We've ween that with his back to a player/ goal he can handle himself, but he needs to move the ball faster and decide what he wants to do quicker. A lot of the time he loses it when he's just controlled it then looking for a pass/shot.

Once he gets that though the worlds his oyster. Just depends how much he wants it.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So much genuine material to criticise him yet people have to resort to pulling out logos he uses on his car. Who gives a feck?
It wasn't a last resort, it was just another thing.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm so disappointed in him, I think his attitude is all wrong. I made a point of really watching him closely on Saturday, he was dreadful;sloppy in possession, not tracking back, weak in the tackle, slow reactions, poor crosses. I could go on. As I say I think he has the ability but it's his attitude that worries me, his head drops far far too easily.
Well said. Nice to hear some people tell it how it REALLY is.

Mr Writer.

Lentwood

It is possible to gain that kind of muscle if you eat right and have all day every day to train

Remember in pre-season Memphis and Luke Shaw did a lot of gym work together, Shaw spoke about Memphis "being a beast" and helping him get into shape

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
RVP is a massive prick though - don't get the level of love for him at times, he had one good season under SAF then downed tools when we needed him under Moyes.

Do people genuinely think Depay was bad against Norwich? I thought he was probably our best player on the day, looked like he had the beating of the fullback all day long. Can hardly blame our wingers for lack of end product imo because the difference between a good ball and a bad ball is quite often whether or not somebody gets on the end of it (I know it sounds obvious but think about the number of crosses on Saturday that drifted over our one centre forward but into a good area at the back post). With the lack of numbers in the box when we attack compared to opposition defenders it needs to be an unbelievable cross to create a chance

I think since the Watford game Memphis has performed much better and showed a much improved attitude. Some have said it on here already but I think we will see the best of him as a #10 or at least when he has freedom to roam around the front 4. I think given his body shape he is always likely to struggle to beat players from wide positions but his pace, power and directness would make him an ideal option centrally for me

Would love to see Depay #10 and Martial #9 with Mata and Lingard either side and full backs bombing on
Memphis was even worse at 10, there is a reason we tried that throughout the preseason and then quickly abandoned into the season. Even someone like Van Gaal who usually persists with his experiments gave up on that one quickly.

Watch his perfomances there again, you'll see. Terrible experiment ,he's not a good 10 at all and we have much better alternatives there..

He's either on the wing or on the bench.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
What an awful first season, I really dislike him as a Manchester United player.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
De Gea left him out to dry imo. Should be coming to help there. No threat if the keeper gives him an option, and no reason to stay on his line.

Obviously should just clear it, but DDG deserves some criticism too.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Dislikeable and fecking shit. Piss off back to the Eredivisie pub league, you fraud.

Stoke have genuine class like Bojan and Shaqiri and we spend £25 million on this waste of space.

Bojan11

He really is a poor dribbler.

I thought he was supposed to be a good dribbler.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
And here the overemotional people come again.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
He's done more harm than good so far in his utd career, atrocious signing so far, I wish we had never bought him.

Kopral Jono

Second goal partly his fault as well for not closing down quick enough. A massive fraud, a nothing player of mid-table quality. We should demand for a refund.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Second goal partly his fault as well for not closing down quick enough. A massive fraud, a nothing player of mid-table quality. We should demand for a refund.
Someone hasn't taken his medication today.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I am not his fan but that's incredibly harsh.

Kopral Jono

Dislikeable and fecking shit. Piss off back to the Eredivisie pub league, you fraud.

Stoke have genuine class like Bojan and Shaqiri and we spend £25 million on this waste of space.
Spot fecking on, an Old Trafford oxygen thief.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Talented but brainless. And to think we had the muppets on here throwing their toys out of the pram when Lingard was playing instead of him. No way does Lingard screw us with such stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.