5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashoutcassius

All the critics are so funny. People are so easily fooled by form. Most people were saying young was championship standard under moyes. People thought Januzaj was the best youth in the world. People wanted De Gea replaced, and were excited over Liam Miller. We all know nothing about football lol accepting that wil make you look foolish less often

acnumber9

All the critics are so funny. People are so easily fooled by form. Most people were saying young was championship standard under moyes. People thought Januzaj was the best youth in the world. People wanted De Gea replaced, and were excited over Liam Miller. We all know nothing about football lol accepting that wil make you look foolish less often
Or by stats.

acnumber9

No, he pretty much said that if he played for somebody else the way he plays for us we'd be laughing at the fee paid for him and wouldn't take anybody suggesting we should go for him serious.
Pretty much. Along with the quite funny notion that's he's clearly talented and it's only a matter of time. He may prove me wrong but it's not the certainty some seem to think. Nothing about his game stands out.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I just don't understand the position of people who want to write him off now.
1.its his first season in a far more difficult league with a quicker pace and stronger defenders.
2.Hes 21!
3. He has shown that he has talent by scoring 30 goals last year, now I don't care how shite the league is, you can't take some of the chances he took if your utter 'shite'. He scored the most free kicks in Europe and I think the fact that he hasn't converted them here points to some more serious drops in confidence and form thats affecting the way he plays.
4.Utd have had their worst attacking display as a team for about 50 years, scoring few goals, having even less chances and generally playing like garbage. Now at what point do you stop looking at the players (Rooney, Di Maria, Memphis,Mata, Herrera) all turning absolute shit and start looking at the manger, to me anyone with any sense looks at that before they point anything at the players.

I absolutely agree that Memphis hasn't performed as expected and I think he's been disappointing, but he cannot, be written off yet unless your simply I don't like him. I think this is where it gets interesting..... I think people look at the car, the tattoos and have build a preconceived image of him off the field and on it. Instead of looking objectively they now just see some playboy, dick who doesn't want to improve and that then correlates to them arguing he's got no talent. I've seen a good few posts in this thread slating his attitude but the truth is no one knows him, all I go off is the fact that when he speaks he sounds like a lad that wants to put his head down and succeed here.
The least everyone can do is give him the benefit of the doubt due to some terrible antecedent conditions and try and actually support him rather than analysing what he hasn't done here yet.

If after next season, under a new manger, he hasn't improved then it's time to cut the rope but until then he deserves full support, credit for his abilities (that he has shown in his career) and abit of bloody slack.

Last edited:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Some people, maybe.

At no stage did I believe that Young is Championship player. His energy and work rate alone make him a EPL player.
Januzaj, under Moyes was an up and coming youth player and I thought he could be great. But he seems to have stopped improving ahd appears to have reached his peak, which isn't particularly high.
De Gea - best GK in the World. I've been saying this for the last 2.5 years. Some will say Neuer is better...I disagree. I never said we should drop him. Ever. Hopefully Mourinho will get him to stay.
Liam Miller - I don't think I saw him play at all. Though I do remember him being heralded as the new Roy Keane, when he joined us.

Generally speaking a player needs to show good form for at least half a season to prove himself.
This is the same reason why I don't rate Shaw highly, because he has shown great form in roughly 5 games (I think)...which is nothing to brag about. I'll be convinced once he does well in 20+ games.

With regards to Memphis: he was great in the Dutch league. This is fact. One could argue that he has adapted to LVG's philosophy and can no longer score a goal - a problem which afflicts many MUFC players. We will find out next year though, under Mourinho. If he can't create/score goals, he'll be shipped out quickly. It was amusing when people expected Memphis to do better than Di Maria, when Di Maria is an absolute World Class player, capable of commanding a first team place in any club in the World. I never understood that (deluded) logic.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I just don't understand the position of people who want to write him off now.
I hear what you are saying.
We should definitely give him a 2nd season (Mourinho's arrival may just be the catalyst to get Memphis firing again).
In any case, next season is going to be the make or break season for Memphis. He will either do well or will be sold off to a lesser team and years from now we will ask, "whatever happened to Memphis".

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I hear what you are saying.
We should definitely give him a 2nd season (Mourinho's arrival may just be the catalyst to get Memphis firing again).
In any case, next season is going to be the make or break season for Memphis. He will either do well or will be sold off to a lesser team and years from now we will ask, "whatever happened to Memphis".
yeh i absolutely agree that next season is make or break especially if we have a new manager, im hopeful he can still turn this around

Baxter

Saw some tweets yesterday about him costing the Chelsea. To blame him for the goal is mental. It was sloppy and naive but exactly the same thing that Herrera has done for example and then defended. There was a fair amount of time for the defence and midfield to get set and he just seemed to be an easy target. The same account also criticised him for driving a Rolls/Merc etc. Is he not allowed to spend his wage how he wants? He needs time and confidence to be shown in him if he's going to improve. The lack of patience is worrying.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
When any one of our players comes in for extended criticism, it increases my affinity for them even more as I want all the haters to be proven wrong.

He's clearly not suited to a slow tempo possession side. With a new manager, different style of play and losing some more bulk (he already looks leaner than he did in the beginning of the season), I'm sure he can be a good player.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Why do people keep calling him a winger?
He's not a winger, he's a wide forward, like Hulk.

Zaha (for example) is a winger.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Why do people keep calling him a winger?
He's not a winger, he's a wide forward, like Hulk.

Zaha (for example) is a winger.
True, even though he plays on the wing, he's no winger. You need a good attacking fullback behind him to utilise the left flank, as was the case with Willems behind him at PSV, or the case with his idol Ronaldo, who has Marcelo to keep width.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
When any one of our players comes in for extended criticism, it increases my affinity for them even more as I want all the haters to be proven wrong.

He's clearly not suited to a slow tempo possession side. With a new manager, different style of play and losing some more bulk (he already looks leaner than he did in the beginning of the season), I'm sure he can be a good player.
Bingo.
That's really ll there is to it, at this point.

Plus, he's definitely not a cocky, over-confident guy. I'd say he's very much the opposite. Flashy cars or not.

Red17

Crap from him again. Lost the ball and made crap effort to recover it. Rooney, our striker at the tip, had to show him how it's done.

MDFC Manager

The worst thing is that him coming on moved Martial to the right. Where he's been invisible

Red17

Can't dribble past his player. Can't outrun his player. No power in his shot. Can't press. Doesn't track back. No sense of responsibility when he loses the ball. No determination. Can't pass. Shows no improvement in any way since the start of the season. I do not know why LVG continues to persist with him.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Done a lot more than Lingard today. Actually shows up for the ball, receives it and attacks the full back. Had more shots on target than the entire team did in the first half.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Can't dribble past his player. Can't outrun his player. No power in his shot. Can't press. Doesn't track back. No sense of responsibility when he loses the ball. No determination. Can't pass. Shows no improvement in any way since the start of the season. I do not know why LVG continues to persist with him.
Are you taking the piss or? Has been our best attacking player this 2nd half. He did track back multie times, created moee than all the other places. That chance, he should be doing better admittedly.

Kopral Jono

Are you taking the piss or? Has been our best attacking player this 2nd half. He did track back multie times, created moee than all the other places. That chance, he should be doing better admittedly.
:lol:

Sorry but that's just not true at all.

tarjei2k

I thought he was positive. Anyone blaming him for our poor showing in the second half are insane.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He is incredibly lazy. There was a bit of play where he lost the ball and started running back, Rooney who was behind outsprinted him to retrieve the ball. I mean wtf, he was supposed to be full of energy at that point.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Can anyone tell me why he got the chance to get back to the team today? I said it last time around - no more play for him this fecking season. LVG couldn't understand this little thing and of course he's getting punished.

I'm sorry to say it but I honestly believe I know more about football than LVG. You fecking fossil.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Wasn't atrocious but why did LvG shift Martial to the right for him? Stupid move.

Baxter

Can anyone tell me why he got the chance to get back to the team today? I said it last time around - no more play for him this fecking season. LVG couldn't understand this little thing and of course he's getting punished.

I'm sorry to say it but I honestly believe I know more about football than LVG. You fecking fossil.
Aye he was totally at fault for the loss :lol:

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
Is this lad just suffering from lack of form and confidence plus hes still adapting to new country league and club, or is he just another hyped up over rated youngster from Holland?

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
How bad was he today? I've seen far worse from him, in the 2nd half Martial, Rooney, Mata werent much better or did I see something wrong?
He has been worse, but today I expected nothing when he came on and he fulfilled that expectation. He had multiple chance to score a goal (Jackson cross and When Martial cut the ball back to him), but his attempt at goal was lifeless in both. This is not the Depay that I saw dazzle for Netherlands last year and at the moment, he looks short on confidence.

Red17

Track back? There's track back and there's track back. When have you last seen him bust a gut tracking back, stop an attack tracking back or do something meaningful when he tracks back?

If Martial had remained on the left wing and had the ball and chances that Depay had.....if only. Crap substitution by LVG.

Status
Not open for further replies.