Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
To make it perfectly no individual can earn the right to be exempted of defensive duties, I just said that in my collective organization they wouldn't have to do a lot.
I'm with you on that

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I still think Jose will sell him if he comes here.

Maybe not the first Summer, but eventually.

I think one of his biggest problems is being shoehorned into something he's not. A out and out winger that creates chances and can beat his man regularly. He struggles big time with that. I dont think moving him to CF works either as they are crucial qualities he doesnt have either, like good hold up play. I can see us players fitting those specific roles instead.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I still think Jose will sell him if he comes here.

Maybe not the first Summer, but eventually.

I think one of his biggest problems is being shoehorned into something he's not. A out and out winger that creates chances and can beat his man regularly. He struggles big time with that. I dont think moving him to CF works either as they are crucial qualities he doesnt have either, like good hold up play. I can see us players fitting those specific roles instead.
When posters and journalist were all assuming that we would sign him, I thought that it was BS, that people were saying that just because he is dutch.
And the reason for my skepticism was that he wasn't the type of player that we needed, he is a goalscorer and nothing else, he isn't bad at the rest but that's not his strong suit, when we signed him I assumed that we would change the system and adopt a front three with genuine attackers, I never assumed that he would be used as a winger.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
When posters and journalist were all assuming that we would sign him, I thought that it was BS, that people were saying that just because he is dutch.
And the reason for my skepticism was that he wasn't the type of player that we needed, he is a goalscorer and nothing else, he isn't bad at the rest but that's not his strong suit, when we signed him I assumed that we would change the system and adopt a front three with genuine attackers, I never assumed that he would be used as a winger.
Its made worse because the manager had used him before, and should have known this.

I dont think he's a terrible player or "another Eredivisie fraud" as one poster once put it, but I dont think he is what we needed. That will count against him imo.

I also doubt whether the next manager would alter the system just for him.

VanGaalyTime

Look, I think a lot of people will be surprised by Depay as he grows older and more mature. The kid is 22, younger than Will Keane and Jesse Lingard, and he's being written off despite being only one goal behind Juan Mata in our scoring charts. In a season where almost every one of our attacking players has been pretty awful, especially Mata and Rooney, Depay is being written off after six months. The people lauding Nani for his contribution to the team need to remember some of his early performances. Sure, Nani was pretty good in 2010/2011, but it took him what, 3 years to get to that point? I hope whomever the new manager is that he has faith in Depay, as I think he and Martial are two of United's future forward players.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I've been critical of him over the past few months, mainly because I was so excited and backed him to impress when he joined - but I guess I do forget that he's only 22. I'm guilty of that.

Hopefully he sets the league a light next season - he has the attributes. Get his decision making in check, and we have ourselves a player. His crosses are always dangerous - it's just a shame that he dilly-dallies too long.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Playing well for a change. Needs to keep this up if we're to have a chance. Good turn there again.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Is absolutely stepping up for us when we need him tonight.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Another Cruyff turn netmeg to win that pen.

acnumber9

I missed the first twenty but he's played well so far. With no Martial we'll need him to keep going because Rashford seems to be playing more wide than anyone.

Eddy_JukeZ

Need to see this against better competition. His best performances have been vs minnow teams.

ZDwyr

Think their RB is absolute gash but Memphis has been very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.