Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
It's hilarious to see the number of people who expected Depay to waltz in and immediately replace Young on the left. Probably the same one's who are under the impression that he's some sort mazy dribbler and is going to go past players for fun when really, he's more or less at the same level as Young when it comes to dribbling with the ball.

It was never going to happen. As sad as it might sound, Ashley Young is the best thing about our attack right now and all those moaning and whining about him not being dropped should just give it a rest. Depay is more likely to be dropped than Young. In fact, pretty much every person in our attack is more likely to be dropped than Young and rightly so.

Besides, the experiment of him playing through the middle has plenty of promise and definitely worth sticking with for a few more games.
Haha :lol:

Why do pundits keep saying Depay was £31m...Redknapp just said it now and Yorke nodded his head in agreement

MarkC

This was always coming but i'm glad the way it's been handled not just dropping Young from day 1 as many would have done.

Looking forward to see what Memphis can do on the left tonight.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
he's more or less at the same level as Young when it comes to dribbling with the ball..
That can't be true. Young's never been able to dribble with the ball. Delivery, work rate and set peices? Yeah. Dribbling? Nope. If you youtube "Ashley Young dribble" you get a page full of FIFA videos.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
That can't be true. Young's never been able to dribble with the ball. Delivery, work rate and set peices? Yeah. Dribbling? Nope. If you youtube "Ashley Young dribble" you get a page full of FIFA videos.
Yep, Young has a grand total of about two tricks. Granted, he does us them effectively.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Depay playing out wide :). Seems what I wanted is finally happening. However, their is a difference between being a restricted wide player and a free roaming one. Hopefully, Depay is giving the latter and has more influence in our attacking game. However with Januzaj as the number ten, it hard to see the latter happening.

Aston Villa 0:1 Man Utd

Devil may care

He's made some good runs off the ball, the passes just haven't quite picked him out accurately enough. Would like to see him run at the Villa defense more in the 2nd half.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
When we sort our service to him out instead of high balls, he'll bang them
In. Absolutely no doubt about it.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Hasn't really impressed me so far, but he's still young. I think the whole "Basti/Carrick/Rooney" thing belies just how young this team actually is. Even Mata's only just turned 27! He'll come good, but he's definitely better on the wing.

Varun

Staff
Needs to get more involved and take the RB on more often. For all of Young's criticism, he tries to make something happen every time he gets the ball which I really like about him. Memphis needs to do this too.

Amadaeus

He has been more impressive today than any of his previous performance. He is winning the battle against Bacuna and has made some great runs inside. We just need to give him more space, allow him to drive forward with the ball more often and not pack him in the middle.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He seems slightly restrained today but thats fine, we don't need him to step up in this game as of yet.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Can't see how people can be disappointed, if we had a little better passing he could already have a brace, his movement is brilliant.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He has to score that one, that's just poor, completely rushed it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
f
u
#c
k

sake Memphis!!!!

endured 75mins of your crap display, butthat would have completely fantasy footyed me happy!

fark

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Take the lad off. Not his night tonight but you can see what he's trying to do. Hopefully he settles quickly and gets to the form he showed for PSV.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Don't think he's been poor at all, should have scored but that movement was something we've lacked since ronaldo basically, so its encouraging.

El Zoido

He has to score that one, that's just poor, completely rushed it.
It wasn't far off and the run was good. Even Shearer and Henry didn't score them every time. Not his night but you can see the talent.

U99ted

Poor miss, but it was great movement to latch onto Mata's through ball. He'll get us goals and plenty of them. Just give it time.

Wade3

Don't think he's been poor at all, should have scored but that movement was something we've lacked since ronaldo basically, so its encouraging.
For some people, it's always either piss poor or world class. There is no middle-ground.

Wade3

It wasn't far off and the run was good. Even Shearer and Henry didn't score them every time. Not his night but you can see the talent.
I never denied that talent, but he should've been calm and just finished it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
For some people, it's always either piss poor or world class. There is no middle-ground.
Yeah. Annoying really. Despite the miss he's played well but you'll see people say he was poor because of a narrow miss

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He's been on the cusp of being through 1v1 in acres about 3 or 4 times but we've just not been able to find him. Great movement.

drdoityourself

He offers such a threat on the counter. Fantastic weapon when the other team is chasing a goal. Could be key to our away form espacially.

Mali_Zeus

Good game I think, sure he had some mistakes and was sloppy at times but he made few good runs, always active and always trying.Like how he opened himself for that Mata pass, good effort but just wide.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Shame he couldn't find the net when someone finally found the pass for one of his many runs.

It'll click.

The Law of Denis

I thought the was really unlucky with the bounce of the ball for his chance, it looked like it was going in initially

Baxter

He can sharpen up, but his movement is brilliant. Could've been put through a number of times.

Amadaeus

Best performance at United so far in my opinion(which is not really a complement). Should have done better when Mata put him through, but he just was not prolific enough. Continuing to play him in this role will only benefit his game.

RedStarUnited

Very bad miss but the amount of runs he made behind the RB that were not spotted was amazing! He is the opposite of Young in that respect.

Godfather

Looks a lot better from the wing. I liked him today. Tried a few things. Shaky start but got into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.