5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy_JukeZ

Thought he was decent. Still feel like he lacks the explosion to get past players consistently.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
best thing he did was keep the ball in the corner a couple of times today. otherwise... pretty bad, unfortunately.

Danny Boi

Wasn't great by any means but at least he 's no longer a complete defensive liability.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think our attacking Unit as a whole was poor. Memphis wasn't great but Martial was also poor so im not sure what to think there.

Classical Mechanic

best thing he did was keep the ball in the corner a couple of times today. otherwise... pretty bad, unfortunately.
He was decent in that regard.

Watford are a physically strong team and they press hard. Memphis admits that he struggles in these games. He needs to come to terms with that. At this point though I don't think we should sacrifice Martial for him.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Nyom had a good game, and is a solid RB in general. Always stands tall against his opposite number. Memphis couldn't get the better of him, and it was too clustered in the middle to cut in. I think he should have gone to the right and stayed on his stronger foot, and let Martial go round the outside on the left where he is best.

Memphis was alright though. Good to see him doing the defensive work and digging in when needed. No luck in attack, but we've seen worse from him.

Shark

@NotShark
I'd put Martial back out on the left again. Not good enough from Depay tonight.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He has proved his genuine talent in the past 4 games.

I like his fearlessness with dribbling and shooting.

With the right playmates and some confidence he could become quite some player.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Though he had an average game. But his performance is so dependent on confidence.

If you rewind and watch his first few involvements in the game, he was decent getting past his man. But he skewed his shots and crosses all horribly wide (the wind was a factor) and lost a bit of belief in there because of that, which clearly showed in his less fanciful footwork and output for the rest of the half. Was anonymous till we scored the goal after which he was a strong presence again, especially at the corners.

He's very good when he tries the outrageous, and gets even better when it works, but if it doesn't, his confidence drops and he becomes anonymous for a while.

Shimo

Eh - still showed a lot to me even if it didn't come off as it has last couple games. He needs to keep his place because he still puts the opposition on the backfoot.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not a great performance, but atleast he's showing he cares and wants to work for it. Hope he can close out the season on a high note and start the next one with confidence. Still firmly believe he can make it at Old Trafford.

Acquire Me

I have a feeling that he is close to finding back to his form last year. When he start hitting the target he will be a constant threat.

Blzbud

He had a bad day against a good defending RB, but he kept his head in the game and that's still progress from where he was. Need to keep playing him. I think he's something of an enigma even to himself.

Shimo

Not more than Martial can on the LW. just think back to some of Martials LW performances. mouth watering
Martial is better suited down the middle long term anyway and Martial also doesn't offer as much of a shooting threat. Rather we start playing with that in mind since Memphis is finally starting to show a lot of why we brought him here.

arthurka

Not good but getting better..
Thing is he looked like he wanted it the whole game, just didn't happen for him.. Onward and upwards or something..

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
His quads are beastly.

Not as good as the last few, probably suffered as United overall played really poorly and they doubled up on him when he did get the ball, so he couldn't do much. We played at a much slower tempo then the other games and he's just not suited to that. Memphis, and everyone else in our attack is more suited to a counter attacking style. Our only good period in that game was when we played more direct and counter attacking rather then the patient, safe build up that we did for most of the season.

NotQuiteManc

I think our attacking Unit as a whole was poor. Memphis wasn't great but Martial was also poor so im not sure what to think there.
This.

Maybe Martial is not 100% yet. Rashford playing 3 games straight in a week with no prior experience before that? Memphis the same apart from the experience. Surely one or two of the players needed a rest after the big game last time. Then again, the next 10 games plus other cup games would be a "final" for United this season.

Sylar

Looked tired and jaded tbh. Think he should be rested next match and Lingard should start (then use him as a sub). Keep em fresh with the games coming up fast.

NotQuiteManc

Just another bad hair day at the office really, but the result counts the most! Nothing exciting, pretty nerve wrecking especially at the back but they got stuck in, tried their best to fight for it which is good enough on days like this. It is when they don't fight for anything that would get on my nerves the most.

WBA next? Have to watch for the rejuvenated Berahino.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Said this in another thread, but I was happy at least he was trying to do stuff when others were fannying about doing bugger all - particularly in the first half. Didn't really come off for him, but I appreciated the effort. He also did get fouled a fair bit to be fair to him.

He was great at helping us see the game out at the end (twice in a row that is) so I definitely commend him for that. He's at least being useful these days, which is far more then you can say about his early season form.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Some of you guys are way too harsh. The team overall didn't play, we didn't attack well and it's hard for him too. Didn't link up with Rojo that well, which is understandable considering they haven't play with each other much.

Watford's right back had a good game, they doubled up on him but he still had a decent game. He tried, he worked hard and made himself available. He didn't go hiding, that's important.

Status
Not open for further replies.