g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Memphis Depay image 7

Memphis Depay Netherlands flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
If he keeps working hard,keeps progressing as player,club needs to pay attention on his contract,give him 5 years,at the end of 2nd year offer him new 5 year (repeat).I know people might say,why we should offer him new one after just 2 years,when he has 3 remaining but seems last year of contract bs turned into last 2 years.Not saying Memphis is that type of person/player but fear crazy times incoming when it comes to agent/player power.
Absolutely agree. Let's see how he goes for the time being, but we have to be alert this time around.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Polar opposite to ADM - Actually wants to be here and appears determined to succeed through any means necessary. Good to see!

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
That attitude is spot on: very good is not good enough. That is what makes the best players, so if he can get close to the top then good on him to have that drive. Definitely the most excited to see how his career progresses alongside Januzaj.

Also, get Adnan to Memphis size and he would have no problem being bullied off the ball!

Raw

I really like his attitude, he's cocky and constantly wants to improve. He scored 2 great goals but he could have easily scored another 2 (the one he passed sideways to Januzaj instead of shooting, and the one he fecked up from the Rooney flick), it's nice that he's disappointed for not scoring 4.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I thought that he would need more time,a project to shine in 2/3 years but really impressed me tonight.Very good signing

Acole9

Outstanding
I love his attitude and composure on the ball, hopefully it won't be long until his free kicks will be testing many goalkeepers. I'm looking forward to seeing him develop over the next couple of years.

HabeasC

That attitude is spot on: very good is not good enough. That is what makes the best players, so if he can get close to the top then good on him to have that drive. Definitely the most excited to see how his career progresses alongside Januzaj.

Also, get Adnan to Memphis size and he would have no problem being bullied off the ball!
Future front four of:
................Wilson
Memphis - Pereira - Januzaj

:drool:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's such a goalthreat, always pops up at the right moments and has the striking technique to score from outside the box on a consistent basis, not just a few times. His finishing has been a bit subpar but I'm confident that he will sort that out.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
Real attacking performance. Gave the ball away and was out of position occasionally, but you cant have it all.

fatboy

He has that self-belief that borders on arrogance, but is kept in check because he has such high expectations of himself. Not too different from Ronnie is that aspect, not to mention the sheer power in his long range shots. Every right-back in the country will have their eyes on him now though.

MDFC Manager

He has that self-belief that borders on arrogance, but is kept in check because he has such high expectations of himself. Not too different from Ronnie is that aspect, not to mention the sheer power in his long range shots. Every right-back in the country will have their eyes on him now though.
Which makes it important for the Shaw-Memphis partnership to start clicking properly.

suheilsworld

A complete performance by Memphis. No matter how much we try and hide the comparison with CR7, he shows those attributes of a young Ronaldo. There will be time when he frustrates the shit out of us all and then he might just come up with something magical. Really getting excited to see him play more.

Get Pedro on the right, Memphis on Left with Mata playing behind Rooney and we will create more chances. Plus he is building a good understanding with Rooney and Shaw.

surf

Looks a complete attacker and seems like he will become the go-to guy, if he isn't already. Takes the corners and free kicks, scores goals, trickery, it's all there bar the consistency. Well suited to the left side.

fatboy

Which makes it important for the Shaw-Memphis partnership to start clicking properly.
Yup agreed. Have just mentioned this in the Luke Shaw page. If they start properly creating space and options for each other, they'll be very hard to stop down the left wing.

Hamadovich86

Surely now this boy has the LW position locked down. Hes far far better when playing on the wing it gives him many option. Hes a decent finisher though I expect him to put away easy chances like the one he missed towards the end. Maybe its the crappy Under Armour shoes :rolleyes:

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Loving his attitude, seems to have the right mentality to be a proper united number 7.

He will improve so much more, and get the consistency in his finishing and decision making. Great performance last night from Memphis.

nevillestache

Memphis and Shaw look like they're going to develop into a real threat down the left over the course of the season. Here's hoping they both stay fit because they work really well together.

Let's see what mr. Owen has to say.

Haha :) A bit unfair though, as it's pretty obvious that he meant "looks like a a footballer should do, doesn't he." And he went on to explain why.

I was a bit disappointed and baffled when I heard Owen was commentating, but I was positively surprised.

Tbf he has already gotten much bigger. He can't get too bulky or it will hinder his speed and agility. He does seem to be naturally rather slender. You can't really compare him to Memphis, who has a completely different body.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
He appears to have a great attitude about on him out on the pitch, head down and work hard type of a lad. If he can consistently fire out performances like that or near enough to it anyways we'll be a completely different animal this year when it comes to going forward.

United again!

Both goals were absolutely incredible. The first one and the little seal dribble, wow. He really could be some player for us. A footballer Michael?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
A complete performance by Memphis. No matter how much we try and hide the comparison with CR7, he shows those attributes of a young Ronaldo. There will be time when he frustrates the shit out of us all and then he might just come up with something magical. Really getting excited to see him play more.

Get Pedro on the right, Memphis on Left with Mata playing behind Rooney and we will create more chances. Plus he is building a good understanding with Rooney and Shaw.
@acnumber9 is waiting in the shadows sharpening his stilettos and ready to pounce when he has an average performance. Who cares about giving time to nurture a top talent, immediate results or bench him for Youngie. Imagine scoundrels like him in our coaching staff.

Disaster.

Ixion

Cross for the third goal was fantastic as well. Sort of like Di Maria's against Arsenal last season.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
@acnumber9 is waiting in the shadows sharpening his stilettos and ready to pounce when he has an average performance. Who cares about giving time to nurture a top talent, immediate results or bench him for Youngie. Imagine scoundrels like him in our coaching staff.

Disaster.
Why do you have to stoop to this kind of childish bollocks, just enjoy the win and his performance.

SoCross

There'll be games where he frustrates the shit out of me. Was good tonight though.

This. Hopefully the Caf will remain patient when the games where nothing goes right for him come. He was given a lot of space tonight, Brugge were playing an open game.

But I'm very excited, he just gets you on your toes when he has the ball. Is he genuinely two-footed? That unpredictability of whether he'd cut in or not would make him a very dangerous attacker.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He had something like 7-8 shots on goal. That kind of personal ambition we've lacked since Ronaldo left. Very good performance. Sometimes we've lacked someone to take that responsibility and when you think about it he should be on 4 goals right now. I think yesterday was the first time, he's woke up to the challenge so now he's set himself a bar.

They were open but he doesn't need that much space. He just needs to have a good final ball.

Riz

Don't mind his selfishness at all, he's shown that he'll put the teams chances before his own when time is right when he tried to lay it on for Januzaj. I just think that he himself realises sometimes he is the teams best chance to score, looks really threatening everytime he picks up the ball and advances towards the box, his long shots are gunna be a real asset for breaking teams down.

crimsonife

Two goals were superb regardless of the opposition, chorus land should have ended up with with a few more. It's so easy to see why he has to play on the left.

Parma Dewol

That was a "just give him the ball" kinda performance! Been a while since we've seen that from an individual. Great to witness and awesome to see how much it meant to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.