5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maldini's Hair

I have to say I really enjoyed watching him play last night. It's been a while since I have enjoyed an individual performance like that for us. He's such a positive threat every time he picks up the ball, always looking to drive at the defence. It wasn't perfect and I'm sure he'll frustrate on occasion but it's nice to have a player who you can really look forward to watching every week. Bring in Pedro for the right side and use Mata/Januzaj through the middle and we might just have ourselves an worthy attack.

ThanksBoss26

Looks to have the ability and attitude of someone who is going to be one hell of a player for us. Think we're going to see some inconsistency early on but there'll be plenty of performances like last night to come from him.

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
There are certain matches that stick with you for a long time nae forever, because you feel like you've witnessed a player truly announce themselves as a United player. Ronaldo v Bolton, Rooney's ECL debut, Kleberson v Blackburn.... well okay, not all of those matches bare the same fruit, but I'm confident last night we saw the start of something really special.

Take a bow Memphis Depay :)

ps. The fact he was so pissed that he missed his hatrick chance shows his drive to improve and become a great player (imho)
pps. I scored a lovely chip in my local match last night. I didnt give a toss about my earlier misses. I'll never be a "great" :p

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
There are certain matches that stick with you for a long time nae forever, because you feel like you've witnessed a player truly announce themselves as a United player. Ronaldo v Bolton, Rooney's ECL debut, Kleberson v Blackburn.... well okay, not all of those matches bare the same fruit, but I'm confident last night we saw the start of something really special.

Take a bow Memphis Depay :)

ps. The fact he was so pissed that he missed his hatrick chance shows his drive to improve and become a great player (imho)
pps. I scored a lovely chip in my local match last night. I didnt give a toss about my earlier misses. I'll never be a "great" :p
:lol: Haha.
I watched his post match interview, this kid reminds of Ronaldo. He was really pissed off with himself. This guy is going to the top, we need to make sure his contracts are tied up always because Madrid or Barca will come knocking in a few years

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
He was very good but then he probably could have had 4 goals on the night. The one where he tried to square it for Mata was odd, not to mention the one he blazed over the bar from the penalty spot. What's good to see is he looked pissed off with himself in the post match interview.

But yeah, he was fantastic and his two goals were sublime. He's electric over the first 10-15 yards.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
A shame he missed that chance. The game was so reminiscent of Rooney vs Fenerbache on his debut.

One thing I really like about him is he always has plenty of shots per game, which is really something we lacked. He's also got a great shot, and excellent movement, so it's basically a guarantee that he will score a lot of goals even if his finishing is erratic at first with him being a young player. But we needed that directness in our attack that we lacked for a long time. Think he had like 8 shots yesterday, and between 5-7 against both Villa and Spurs. Can't see him scoring less then 15 goals or so in all competitions, which would be a terrific total for his first season in England really.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
This guy reminds of Rooney, when we first got him.
He was aggressive, powerful, physical, fast and had 1 thing on his mind - score a goal.
I'm impressed.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Tbf he has already gotten much bigger. He can't get too bulky or it will hinder his speed and agility. He does seem to be naturally rather slender. You can't really compare him to Memphis, who has a completely different body.
I know, I was just joking.

But he does need to sort out staying on his feet, otherwise he won't get anywhere in terms of development. Some of the best players in the league like Silva are small and slender too, but you don't see them going to ground after every tussle.

BW.k

The best thing about him is his desire to become a top top player. His post match interview showed he was still disappointed that he couldn't score more and that is very impressive. He's the sort of person who wouldn't settle for just "good" and would want to be the "best" he can.

Raptori

Special needs
I know, I was just joking.

But he does need to sort out staying on his feet, otherwise he won't get anywhere in terms of development. Some of the best players in the league like Silva are small and slender too, but you don't see them going to ground after every tussle.
He needs to learn something like Judo. Clearly has no clue how to shift his weight to make himself solid.

Either that, or he really is fecking weak.

Cypriot

I remember a point in the match, which might not have been visible on TV. Shaw was caught well out of position and Memphis realised this and sprinted full pelt into the left back position where a Brugge man was free to roam through on goal had his teammate noticed him. I'm aware that he didn't offer Shaw much defensive cover in that game, but that little moment really impressed me. (Can't find a video clip unfortunately).

ricky-romeo

great to see him playing with his usual confidence. against spurs and villa just got a feeling he was a bit nervous (maybe) but he was bloody brilliant yesterday.

a slight space and chance to shoot, and he will. we need this kind of a player and glad we have memphis.

Swaters16

Does anyone think he could be better than hazard? I eint saying he is at all; that would be stupid but he does have a bit more composure around the box than hazard did at a similar period.
He's a more productive player (or has the style of one), Hazard is more of a play maker. However, Hazard really should do better in front of goal. But I don't want to stray off topic.

ricky-romeo

Does anyone think he could be better than hazard? I eint saying he is at all; that would be stupid but he does have a bit more composure around the box than hazard did at a similar period.
i think memphis got more goals in him than hazard does. in terms of overall play memphis still got some catching to do but i can see memphis outscoring hazard even in his first season here.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Dapay was brilliant the last game, such a breath of fresh air after the mediocre wing play we have been subjected to in the last few years, even during Fergie's last couple of seasons. However, he won't get the amount of space in the PL that he got in the last game againt Brugge. There are lot of frustrating times ahead, where he would try things and consistently lose the ball and frustrate. Hazard excels in those situations, let's see if Depay can.

Last edited:

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
He's a more productive player (or has the style of one), Hazard is more of a play maker. However, Hazard really should do better in front of goal. But I don't want to stray off topic.
Yep i get that & i think we would be better off having a forward on the right than a playmaker like mata.

Players like memphis are frightening when you know that a similar player is playing on the other side.

Rezyuz

Depay: Can play like 9/10 and will score 2 goals. Can play like a 1/10 and score 2 goals.

Pretty much exactly what you need.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I think he can be.. he is naturally more athletic, has amazing shot technique, better set piece taker aside from pens and has a wonderful eye for a pass. Long way to go obviously but he has the potential.

United again!

Does this sort of thing belong here? The player specific tweet thread looks underused (not sure what to do :confused:)
That is pretty cool.

this better?
This goal got me thinking, are the Adidas CL ball's heavier and have a more realistic inner weight? The Nike ball to me always seemed way to light, like a volleyball almost. Like you weren't kicking a solid ball, more a balloon with nothing inside it.

Trizy

That is pretty cool.

This goal got me thinking, are the Adidas CL ball's heavier and have a more realistic inner weight? The Nike ball to me always seemed way to light, like a volleyball almost. Like you weren't kicking a solid ball, more a balloon with nothing inside it.
Didn't the commentator mention those balls are awful light when Schweinstieger misplaced a Scholes type pass to switch wings?

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
A good performance, maybe a goal against Newcastle and he will really be able to get going, the crowd will really give him that confidence.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Saw some on twitter willing to bet he will be our top scorer this season. I think I'd go along with that personally.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
100% exactly what I was expecting from him being a young player in a new league. Especially in that sort of position.
Yeah, me too. It was obvious before he joined that his decision making wasn't going to be ideal, but that will come with time.

Castia

Definitely got a touch of Nani in him. Frustrating as feck at times.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Decision making a bit off at the moment, our most dangerous player though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
gonna be infuriating at times I can tell.
back to his take the wrong option/end up on the floor league form

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The pace of PL matches is on a whole other wavelength than the Eredivisie, therefore he's bound to have frustrating moments but the talent is clear to see and it really is a matter of maybe 1 season before he regularly starts banging em in.

Status
Not open for further replies.