5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

entropy

He seemed tired and was unable to involve himself in the last 20 mins when we could have used his pace to break them down. Maybe, Louie should have replaced him with Young.

Get In Scholesy

He looked tired, 3 games in a week for a club like Man United is tough for a 21 year old. He has a harder time pulling stuff off in the Premier League, but hopefully that will come with time and experience.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Typical young winger performance. Inconsistent and frustrating. Not a big concern.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
He looked tired and sluggish after the 60th minute mark. We could have done with Young at that time.

m1y2

Expect more performances like this this season, needs to do better but will come good in the longterm

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Should be coming on as a sub this season/starting in the league cup. Some very poor decision making today, which isn't surprising for a young player but very frustrating that the club have pinned all their hopes on such a young and inexperienced lad.

Don't get me wrong, no doubt he's going to be a very good player but he's not ready yet.

Someone

Something
I love memphis, he does something great then something stupid, and i'm fine with that, he's one of the few unpredictable players in the team.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Inconsistency is to be expected. Gets past players at will which is great to see as we haven't had that in a while (7 dribbles I think? When was the last time a united player did that?). End product can be frustrating but you can tell he's got the talent. Visibly tired in the second half though.

ZDwyr

I thought he should have been subbed off. I blame van Gaal a bit for his performance today, clearly playing him too much the last week or so. A shame he had a bad match but it'll happen.

Sylar

He was tired and should get a rest against Brugges (deserves one).

SirAF

Ageist
Glad to see many sensible comments about the lad, he's going to have a few off performances at this stage of his career. He's a trier though, always trying to make something happen which is good to see.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
The only one of our creative players who looked like doing anything of note. Needs to improve his decision making and final ball but the talent is obvious. I think we're in or a season of being entirely too dependent on him to produce the spark in our attack.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The "magic" was there in his game in the first half, he was tearing the fullback apart, but his work after that was poor, and he gradually just disappeared from the game.

We will get a lot of this given he's still a kid.

bpet15

Was really poor today but is always looking to create, which is what we need.

Some of the things that came off for him last year will prove to be more difficult in this league.

He is still adjusting and expect this to be a work in process over the next month or so.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
There was too much pressure on him. It seems if a side has him covered, they'll be fine. We need some magic elsewhere. Mata/Rooney/Januzaj need to get their asses in gear.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Didn't really come off for him today but I was happy with his performance in the sense that he's always trying something.

Could do with watching a few videos of how ronaldo heads the ball though!

MAME DIOUF 32

Typical young winger performance. Inconsistent and frustrating. Not a big concern.
Exactly. My worry is that the structure of the squad makes us far too reliant on Memphis performing, but that's not his concern.

Acole9

Outstanding
He seemed like the only player out there who gave a damn in the first half especially.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
To be honest, I'm impressed by his level of skill. Was genuinely taking the piss during the beginning of the game.

Hopefully with time he spots and picks the pass better when it's the better option.

bugmat

Stage 1 of his ronaldofication - the frustration. Did plenty good things but did more bad esp the final ball e.g. ball-hogging, going down easily, on-sight shooting w/o enough control, wrong passes when he did at times. It'll come.

He's 21 and he's shown that he has it in him so I'm not too worried. The problem is when all 3 attackers don't perform we don't tend to score so hopefully he will have more on than of das esp if he's continually paired with the hot & cold januzaj and the freezing Rooney!

No.8

He's going to get a shit load of assists this season isn't he? I think he'll weigh in with a fairly decent amount of goals too!

Cantona'sCollar

Very quickly becoming my favourite player at United. It's been a long time since we've had a player who makes you want him to have the ball at any opportunity, just to see what he does. RVP (in the early days) and Nani (in 10/11) had a bit of that, but we've missed having a player who will run at a bunch of defenders at any given chance. I love the urgency he provides to our play.

Early days yet and he still has so many things to work on, but it's good to see that he has hit the ground running with us. If he improves his decision-making and stays injury-free, he will prove to be a magnificent signing.

RedRevongge

He's by far our most threatening player, he frustrates a lot but Im glad that he's getting in positions.
I'm assuming you mean shooting at almost every opportunity? I personally find it refreshing as most of our players won't try it. To me Memphis also has a pretty decent football brain. Very good player considering his age

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If he is like that at his age, with so many things to still improve, I cannot wait to see the kinda player he can become once he matures in his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.