5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash_G

Thing is if you want a goal like he scored then you've got to accept he's going to do some other annoying things. It's the way these players are more often than not. Key is getting him to a place where he's contributing enough that you can get away with it. But this is why we needed an experienced good winger in his peak. Someone who will make the right decision more often than not. I just can't understand not getting that.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Too often he thinks he's better than he is, and tries to make things happen himself.
Good, because thats exactly what we need. It wont always come off, but you need risk takers in the side

Bwuk

Good, because thats exactly what we need. It wont always come off, but you need risk takers in the side
i agree entirely you need risk takers, much too why I was completely against how we handled the AdM situation, but at times Memphis decision making lets him down.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Good performance. Did some very good stuff, scored a goal and then there were other creative attempts that didn't pay off but that's just par for the course.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
That was a great goal, awesome footwork. He'll come good, no doubt.

RedStarUnited

He tried hard today especially in the first 20 or so minutes of the second half. He has a good understanding with Martial from the look of things.

Keeps getting tired near the end of the game though, not sure whats up with that.

Acole9

Outstanding
He played well tonight, the goal was an absolute beauty. It was a bit frustrating when he was switched to the right because Young was struggling against their left back. He played fine there but personally from what I've seen so far I prefer him on the left.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I thought he was excellent yesterday and up their as our best player on then night. I personally found it frustrating that he was moved to the right wing as a way of trying to improve youngs shite performance and it didn't really work . By moving him to the right it takes away Depays biggest threat which is his shooting, I have no doubt that if that Martial layoff had come on the opposite flank then Memphis would have banged it in. I think he also put in some really good crosses in the game and generally just carried a proper threat. It's such a shame that our experienced players like mata and young let us down so much in attack as I think that cost us the game.

I think certain fans need to realise that not everything he tries is going to come off and you have to stop being so frustrated by this. You can moan about a team taking no risks then, criticise a player that's trying to create something. You can't have it both ways!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Him and Martial are going to be unstoppable in 2-3 years but I believe we will see true glimpses of quality from them even earlier. He'll adjust to the life here and Premier League and I expect him to be knocking goals on a regular basis in the second half of season. Intelligent and effective player.

Sarni

Have I previously commented on Depay's fee? If so, providing the quote would be useful.
Sure, there you go:

Depay's fee was not £20m .... so not much reason to trust the rest of your figures.
To a poster saying it was £21.8m you replied:

Nope .. try again.
Can't be bothered to search for more quotes but I am sure there were many, you specifically said he cost £31m.

Sam

Sure, there you go:

Can't be bothered to search for more quotes but I am sure there were many, you specifically said he cost £31m.
He's such a spanner :lol::lol:

Sarni

He'll spin it around say that he meant that £20m was obviously not correct and he didn't actually mean that Depay cost £30m+.

Sam

He did...

£23.3m is higher than that given in both of the posts I responded to. But in any case, the BBC reported a fee of £31m, including potential add-ons.
It's not just the BBC .... the Press Association, the Manchester Evening News and others all reported the £31m figure. I suppose they all lack credibility too.
So much for...

Have I previously commented on Depay's fee? If so, providing the quote would be useful.
:lol::lol:

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Strange but I still saw him bad yesterday. He had a moment of class for his goal, and clearly proves that he can produce, amd make thing happen

But I still think that his overall production was pretty poor. He didn't crossed well, or beaten another player. He's fast but he doesn't use his speed with the ball, like Young, to TRY, to beat a player. He's way too static with the ball at his feet.

Whether he's afraid by LVG philosophy or so, I don't know, but to me, he has to improve massively

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I have gotten used to the fact that he will frustrate me and ruin many attacks. Hopefully he has more genius moments like yesterday.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Sure, there you go:

You seem not to understand the clear difference between my citing a media report of £31m (or any other figure for that matter) and my alleged saying of such and such (as if I myself was the source of the information). The existence of the media report - from the BBC in this instance - is a fact that can't be disputed.

What can be disputed is the accuracy of any given media report. But your citing - many weeks after the event and thus with the apparent benefit of hindsight - of an apparently PSV-derived figure - carries no negative reflection on my citing (at the time) of the BBC report .... as much as you clearly wish otherwise.

And by the way, it would be good if a link to the source of this PSV-derived figure were given, rather than simply giving the figure.

mav_9me

As you can see, @GlastonSpur has clearly not commented on Memphis' fee. Yes he has showed to us the BBC report and noted that PA and others have quoted a fee of 31m pounds and he has noted sarcastically they lack credibility huh.

But if you look into it a bit more deeply you will note that @GlastonSpur himself has never actually said anything about the fee for Memphis. He has merely referred the United fans to publications commenting on the fee. He is merely an innocent bystander. It is us ill meaning United fans who infer that he thinks the fee for Memphis was 31m pounds. Poor innocent @GlastonSpur

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Strange but I still saw him bad yesterday. He had a moment of class for his goal, and clearly proves that he can produce, amd make thing happen

But I still think that his overall production was pretty poor. He didn't crossed well, or beaten another player. He's fast but he doesn't use his speed with the ball, like Young, to TRY, to beat a player. He's way too static with the ball at his feet.

Whether he's afraid by LVG philosophy or so, I don't know, but to me, he has to improve massively
Not sure how you came to that thought but if that's the case I'm not sure you'll ever like him as a player as I can see him always being one of those players that produces moments of magic but is also quite wasteful. Overall yesterday he was far less wasteful and the majority of our most dangerous moments went through him. He drifted out the game abit in the second half because we moved him to the right wing where he is far less effective but eve then he put in a great cross to fellaini who should have done better as well as linking up far better with Martial than our other attackers. Mata and Young were the big problem yesterday and were a big reason we fell flat in attack

Sarni

You seem not to understand the clear difference between my citing a media report of £31m (or any other figure for that matter) and my alleged saying of such and such (as if I myself was the source of the information). The existence of the media report - from the BBC in this instance - is a fact that can't be disputed.

What can be disputed is the accuracy of any given media report. But your citing - many weeks after the event and thus with the apparent benefit of hindsight - of an apparently PSV-derived figure - carries no negative reflection on my citing (at the time) of the BBC report .... as much as you clearly wish otherwise.

And by the way, it would be good if a link to the source of this PSV-derived figure were given, rather than simply giving the figure.
Blah blah blah. You decided to ignore what PSV director said at the time and go with rumours with absolute certainty that it was £31m because you are a massive WUM.

I don't think I need to provide you with anything, you are so good at finding unbelievaby high fees for United players and unbelievably low fees for Spurs that you can find it yourself. :lol:

Sam

There was plenty of Dutch press laughing at the BBC report, at the same time you kept posting it, The PSV director even said he wished they'd got that figure.

You just conventionality continued to ignore all of that, despite being posted plenty of times, as it didn't fit with your anti-United agenda.

That chip you have on your shoulder must really weigh you down. I'm amazed you even mange to get out of bed.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Blah blah blah. You decided to ignore what PSV director said at the time and go with rumours with absolute certainty that it was £31m because you are a massive WUM.

I don't think I need to provide you with anything, you are so good at finding unbelievaby high fees for United players and unbelievably low fees for Spurs that you can find it yourself. :lol:
I see. Suddenly BBC reports become reduced in status - when convenient - to mere 'rumours'. And once again, it would be good if you gave a link to the source of this PSV-derived figure , rather than simply giving the figure.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Got frustrated with him in the second half when he refused to run at the full backs or try to take them on, made no sense when we needed something special to break them down. Don't know maybe he was tired at the point.

Sarni

I see. Suddenly BBC reports become reduced in status - when convenient - to mere 'rumours'. And once again, it would be good if you gave a link to the source of this PSV-derived figure , rather than simply giving the figure.
Find it yourself. I am not your link provider. It's reported in a lot of sources and comes from PSV director (he actually said the same in June which you promptly ignored in favour of reports which put us in bad light.

You somehow ignore BBC as a reputable source when it comes to Spurs players fees (Soldado, Bale) :lol:

facund

Fantastic goal and a few other bright moments here and there but a fair few occasions where you can't even guess what he was trying to do. Very hot and cold in the match and doesn't seem to have the ability/desire to drive/carry the ball in to the final third consistently, which is what I expected he would provide when we signed him (having not seen much of him previously).

Despite this he was pretty much our only hope of creating something yesterday, as Mata and Young severely underwhelmed, and seemed to have a natural understanding with Martial which bodes well for the future.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Well when PSV's owner comes out and says that the English sources got Euros and pounds confused, and that they wish they got 30 but really it was around 20m, then I'll believe him ahead of random journos.

Fantastic goal and a few other bright moments here and there but a fair few occasions where you can't even guess what he was trying to do. Very hot and cold in the match and doesn't seem to have the ability/desire to drive/carry the ball in to the final third consistently, which is what I expected he would provide when we signed him (having not seen much of him previously).

Despite this he was pretty much our only hope of creating something yesterday, as Mata and Young severely underwhelmed, and seemed to have a natural understanding with Martial which bodes well for the future.
Inconsistency is a given with someone at his age.

Plus, he seems to be really good friends with Shaw and it absolutely had to have been on his mind.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Needs to up his game. Even though we shouldn't be, we're heavily reliant on him at the moment and when it's not working for him, we struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.