Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He seems exhausted and it was already the case before the international break.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
No he's not, he's got to get up to the pace of the league, best get him in now. He's young and can handle it.
Well he obviously can't, considering a) how knackered he looks and b) how his game is suffering because of it.

You can get up to the pace and the league and not have to play every single 90 minutes.

As I said in another thread, I think it would actually benefit him more to come into the games as a substitute, where he can express himself a bit more.

Shark

@NotShark
Well he obviously can't, considering a) how knackered he looks and b) how his game is suffering because of it.
He's not exactly lit up the Premier League since the beginning, so I'm not sure how suddenly now his game is suffering. His best performances have come in Europe.

ottosec

He's been poor in the PL games, but the quality is there. I have no doubt that he will develop into a top player.

He just needs some time to adjust his style to the PL, he's clearly doing better in Europe. Hopefully he starts tomorrow.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's not exactly lit up the Premier League since the beginning, so I'm not sure how suddenly now his game is suffering. His best performances have come in Europe.
No, but he was still better in the first few games then he was against Swansea/Liverpool.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Have to give LVG some credit on Saturday, I was thinking it was the wrong decision to take him off, although he wasn't tearing Liverpool apart he and Luke Shaw seemed to be our most likely players to create something. I know Memphis is quick, but is it just me that thinks he is not using his pace right now? The past couple of games I have seen him receive the ball to feet and just wait so he can pull a trick or two on the fullback. IMO he needs to be a bit more direct. But of course he is still young and there will be plenty of mistakes and inconsistencies in his game before we get the finished product.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Have to give LVG some credit on Saturday, I was thinking it was the wrong decision to take him off, although he wasn't tearing Liverpool apart he and Luke Shaw seemed to be our most likely players to create something. I know Memphis is quick, but is it just me that thinks he is not using his pace right now? The past couple of games I have seen him receive the ball to feet and just wait so he can pull a trick or two on the fullback. IMO he needs to be a bit more direct. But of course he is still young and there will be plenty of mistakes and inconsistencies in his game before we get the finished product.
This and he needs to use his left foot. He just always looks to get it on his right, and right now it is all too predictable.
Saying that, he did setup a decent chance for Fella, the one time he went down the outside and put a ball in with his left.

His performance vs Liverpool reminded me of Di Maria

Scarecrow

Having a week off
What are the chances of him starting tomorrow? Objectively speaking, Young performed better when he got his chance and should be the one that deserves the place more. However, Memphis has been impressive in the CL, plus I vaguely remember LVG once saying that he likes to play players against their former clubs. What do we think? Do you want him to start and do you think he will?

Last edited:

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He needs to spend some time on the bench and should be utilised as an impact player.

Young was impressive against Liverpool, and was undeservedly dropped after the Spurs game; he should start the next few games.

Riz

What are the chances of him starting tomorrow? Objectively speaking, Young performed better when he got his chance and should be the one that deserves the place more. However. Memphis has been impressive in the CL, plus I vaguely remember LVG once saying that he likes to play players against their former clubs. What do we think? Do you want him to start and do you think he will?
I'd start Memphis against his old team in the Champions League where he's looked the most promising so far. If he returns to form then it'll give him a boost in confidence and he can continue against Southampon. If he doesn't we simply draft Young back in.

What I'm most impressed with Ashley Young mk.2 is his mentality, whether he starting, substituted on or merely used to eat up the clock he has the perfect attitude. For that reason I think we're fine to start Memphis despite Young maybe being more deserving at this moment in time.

JoaquinJoaquin

Must admit I couldn't believe how many people on here actually thought he was just going to set the World on fire this season. It is going to be a rollercoaster with him for the first 12-18 months, Have to take the rough with the smooth. Unfortunately at the moment we are seeing the inconsistent side to him.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This and he needs to use his left foot. He just always looks to get it on his right, and right now it is all too predictable.
Saying that, he did setup a decent chance for Fella, the one time he went down the outside and put a ball in with his left.

His performance vs Liverpool reminded me of Di Maria
Agreed. He needs to mix up his game a little more.

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
I didn't think he was that bad on Saturday but when the change was made at half time I guess Young did make us more threatening. I read Danny Murphy on the BBC saying Clyne had him in his pocket all half and was superb; again I didn't see it that way but I'm not a professional observer of the game. I thought Clyne played shit fwiw and Depay had the better of him on several occasions. What do I know.

Ryan7

Great skill and nice finish for the goal. Does anybody know if he's adept at playing on the right? as Young is useless out there.

No.8

Always gets on the scoresheet when I don't have him to score anytime. Which is always when my bet365 account is dry during the CL week after I've rinsed it after the weekend. Don't worry though boys, this trend will more than likely continue!

Ekeke

His goal was sublime quality. Other than that I thought he was distinctly mediocre. Starting to think thats what we get from him, a nice piece of play and maybe a goal now and then other than that, a sub standard general performance

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Excellent goal and probably our best player. Hope he can transfer this to the league.

acnumber9

He's been a bit of an enigma so far. He flits between looking great and really dangerous to incapable of doing the most basic things. And once again went home with 20 minutes left.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Great goal and seemed to link up well with Martial. Hit and miss at times, but I thought he was our most dangerous attacker.

Bwuk

Too often he thinks he's better than he is, and tries to make things happen himself.

Devil may care

Excellent goal and for 70 minutes looked dangerous, really should have had two more although Mata forced him slightly wide on one of those chances. Completely faded in the last 20 minutes which I don't get as I thought he was fitness freak like Ronaldo.

JackXX

Nice goal & thought a lot of our chances came through him. Did well.

Status
Not open for further replies.