5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

shivab

He's 21..he will be inconsistent. No point in getting too excited or too upset about his performances right now. I would be more interested in seeing to what degree he can improve when he plays in his second season. That will be indicative of how good he can be in the future.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
He's 21..he will be inconsistent. No point in getting too excited or too upset about his performances right now. I would be more interested in seeing to what degree he can improve when he plays in his second season. That will be indicative of how good he can be in the future.
true, but i hope we at least can admit he has been shit recently. As you said his second season will be a good indication of his talent and potential.

fatboy

His level has dropped off a fair bit since the Brugge match. He puts in a lot of running and effort in every game, and I'm guessing fatigue might have something to do with it. Hopefully LvG will give Pereira some game time, and let him catch his breath a bit.

Revan

Assumptionman
So far, it doesn't look like it was wise to sign him and loan Januzaj. Both are pretty much at the same level, around the same stage of development, and while both are very talented, both are as inconsistent as they can be and their decision making is absolutely horrible. Like, really horrible when 4 out of 5 times they choose the completely wrong option.

To be fair, I was expecting an upgrade on Adnan, but it hasn't been the case at all. What we have seen so far is a stronger version of Adnan with significantly worse passing.

Anyway, it is still too early in his career and while I wasn't expecting a world beater, I thought that he'll do better. His true worth will be shown next season. But, I think that benching him for a few games is the right solution. It is already difficult playing with a passenger in the team (that would be our captain), but with two it really becomes very difficult.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Half the people in here are the same idiots that wrote Chris Smalling off about 2 years ago. Funny how things change quickly. His talent isn't in doubt, he just needs to fully adjust and get used too the tighter marking.

Once that happens he will be back to his flying best, clearly LVG doesn't mind as he keeps starting him every match.

CG1010

Half the people in here are the same idiots that wrote Chris Smalling off about 2 years ago. Funny how things change quickly. His talent isn't in doubt, he just needs to fully adjust and get used too the tighter marking.

Once that happens he will be back to his flying best, clearly LVG doesn't mind as he keeps starting him every match.
Speaking of parallels between Smalling and Memphis, Memphis can learn from Smalling on how to use his strength to his advantage. Smalling used to infuriate me when he would be too respectful to opponents or get bullied off too easily even when it was clear that he had the "raw" strength.

Born2Lose

I think he'll eventually be great for us, but at the minute I just wish one of the coaches or manager would tell him that sometimes he needs to be a little selfish and look for a pass rather than shooting. I can't profess to have seen him much at PSV, but it seems to me like he thinks he has to score goals in every match rather than being a part of something bigger.

cyberman

Even if he's not playing well just the threat of the pace and goal threat he has keeps the opposition on the back foot.
No surprise when he was subbed that Wolfsburg pushed up on his side and every cross and threat came from the right.

shivab

true, but i hope we at least can admit he has been shit recently. As you said his second season will be a good indication of his talent and potential.
I wont say hes been shit but yeah I agree things are not exactly going his way. A lot of people have knee jerk reactions here -one day he's the next ronaldo anothet day he's back to being the next nani. I think we just need to be patient. We can be critical without reducing him to 'the next' whoever tag.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I wont say hes been shit but yeah I agree things are not exactly going his way. A lot of people have knee jerk reactions here -one day he's the next ronaldo anothet day he's back to being the next nani. I think we just need to be patient. We can be critical without reducing him to 'the next' whoever tag.
Agree with this. I don't think he should be starting every game but I imagine he is for now because he is seen as a better goal threat than Ashley Young and we don't really have many of those. Saying he has been shit is also a huge exaggeration as well.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Don't think he should be dropped, unless he begins to offer nothing.

Doesn't deserve 90 mins though.

Kag

His movement is some of the most outstanding you'll ever see from a wide forward. That he's 21 makes it all the more impressive.

Roman Bellic

Prick
He does, he regularly takes freekicks on the left side of the pitch and corners. He's not great at penalties as he can be overconfident.
Expected him to be our designated choice, but I guess given the pressure.

Bloxy

Why does it always rain on me?
He's not even played 10 games for United, let alone in a foreign league, foreign country and our fans are going at him already. So much for giving youth a chance hey. He has loads of talent and he will come good, but he needs to given the confidence, and dropping him will set him back. The comparisons to Smalling has nothing to do with ability but the trust that the manager has placed in him week in and week out.

MoneyMay

If his name was Wayne Rooney or Valencia, he'd be criticized a lot more. All 3 of them were absolutely rubbish tonight.
So you're essentially expecting the criticism levels of a 21 year old who hasn't even played 10 PL games for us to be similar to that of two experienced players who have been playing in the Premier League for a long time?

Arsenal 3:0 Man Utd

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I dont understand how hes continously starting. I dont want to lay into him, as hes still young, but he doesnt even deserve to be on the bench. We just cannot carry so many passengers.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
"Still young."

Gimme a break. He's 21, not a fecking child. He should be more than capable of handling criticism, of which there should be plenty because he's been fecking garbage since he came here, bar one game against Brugge.

OneUnited24

His work rate is appalling... Times like this i do question selling Nani (and i never thought i'd say that!)

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Questions should be asked about his workrate because he doesn't look like he gives a feck.

Di Maria's angel

"Still young."

Gimme a break. He's 21, not a fecking child. He should be more than capable of handling criticism, of which there should be plenty because he's been fecking garbage since he came here, bar one game against Brugge.
I agree. But many on here find it offensive if you criticise him.

Double standards from our manager.

arthurka

I haven't seen anything remotely close to him being a United player meterial.. Worst player on the pitch goes to Rooney but he is always close second.

LARulz

He has been utter want for his last few games. If Shaw didn't get his injury, he would have had competition for his position in Young but currently doesn't

El Zoido

He constantly tries to run at players and virtually never actually beats a man. Young is better at taking players on than Memphis has been. If Shaw hadn't got injured I think Memphis would have lost his place to Young.

ZDwyr

He really shouldn't be playing so often. He has been awful and shouldn't be on the pitch.

Kopral Jono

"Still young."

I agree with this. I haven't bought the Memphis hype like many here have done. And so far today, he's been absolutely disgraceful.

Hed Zitin

He's a luxury player right now. Until he learns to track back and iron out his decision making he shouldn't play in the big games.

He needs games to develop, but not this many. He's not consistent enough to have them.

Di Maria's angel

Then you look at Martial who looks like hes from another planet. Think him bullying the Dutch league has slightly skewed his current abilities. Still a lot for him to do. Luckily he has time on his side.

Status
Not open for further replies.