g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Memphis Depay image 7

Memphis Depay Netherlands flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
For a player whose pace is meant to be his primary asset, I can't think of many occasions when he has used it. Always seems to be playing like he's Berbatov. He doesn't run at defenders at pace, nor use his pace to recover. His work rate off the ball is shocking.

Young is getting his pants pulled down, but I don't know what else he's meant to do when he's had Ballerin and Ramsey coming at him in tandem.

Maxii

Paad
He's not hiding. When he gets the ball he drives at the defense.

Decision making absolutely awful today though.
I agree it's good that he runs at defenders, but the problem is he seems to be really crap at it. It's rare that he convincingly beats his man, and he loses the ball the majority of the time. Don't know what to make of him at the moment, but he really needs to improve soon or he deserves to be dropped.

Skywarden

He's young and rather inexperienced, we have to keep that in mind. With that said, he has to work on his decision-making and utilise his pace far better that he has today.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Annoying, shit attitude of his is the most annoying thing about him. Doesn't track back, he should be fecking flying around the pitch with tackles hassling Arsenal all over it with the amount of times he's lost the ball and he's being lazy, not tracking back and leaving Young 1v2 and sometimes 1v3 all the time. It's fecking annoying and has been since day 1.

I don't mind him being shit up front, failing when he dribbles whatsoever, fine, but stop with all that fancy shit and work your ass off.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Let's be honest, he's been utter crap for United.
Agreed. I think Shaw's injury gave him a stay of execution in the first eleven to be honest, because he's been utter wank the past couple of weeks. Arsenal (and millions of people around the world watching) know exactly what he's gonna do when he gets the ball. All they have to do is wait for him to come inside and surround him.

Zoo

Needs dropping after this. He needs to learn you can't cruise in the PL.

Rockets Redglare

I agree with this. I haven't bought the Memphis hype like many here have done. And so far today, he's been absolutely disgraceful.
I'm wondering if he's premier league standard. He's lazy, greedy and has almost zero end product.
He might look good against the shit in the Dutch league and Brugge but he just keeps putting in terrible performances every week in the league.

acnumber9

Don't forget his ceiling. It's really high. Let's ignore his performance and his appalling work rate.

NinjaFletch

I wouldn't mind the performance so much going forwards if he actually put some fecking effort in.

How hard is it to contribute defensively?

khoazany

I thought it's common sense to stick him in the line-up every match?Don't need to care about performance guys,lad has potential.

On a more serious note it's so obvious that he's going to struggle against Arsenal's defence.Need a lot of time before we can see his take on successful rate and final product improves.The problem with him in this match is his lack of hungriness to prove his name and show why he's not been dropped so far.Poor management from Van Gaal.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's dribbling is very very bad. But his attitude gets me more than anything.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Jamie Vardy looked more of a danger to Arsenal than Memphis. Let that sink in.

Boycott

He's shown no desire.

Look, I'm surprised he looks so slow and not agile at all. The reviews here made me think he was a Sanchez type dribbler. Direct and with purpose. Okay so maybe that's wrong.

But what's his strengths? He plays like Valencia without the speed. So not even as useful as Valencia.

kps88

Sad thing is his only competition are Valencia and Young at the moment.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He's shown no desire.

Look, I'm surprised he looks so slow and not agile at all. The reviews here made me think he was a Sanchez type dribbler. Direct and with purpose. Okay so maybe that's wrong.

But what's his strengths? He plays like Valencia without the speed. So not even as useful as Valencia.
Always take what a player does in the dutch league with a tiny pinch of salt.

Although Memphis is only 21 and has plenty of time to improve.

m1y2

As I said, he should have been as the player who will fight for the place in the team as a young supertalent who won't be automatic starter, this is coming costly now when we found out he's far from being ready.. again Januzaj wouldn't do worse in his favourite position

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If Nani was playing like this game after game I swear someone would shoot him from the crowd.

I like him, and I think he will improve, but pretty much the only thing he is good at since he came to United is his movement because he is getting into good positions all the time, everything else is just terrible.

kps88

Dragged off again. Think it'll be a while until we see him again.

Skills

Snitch
He's like Nani but without the pace, dribbling and occasional bits of quality on the ball.

Kopral Jono

I'm wondering if he's premier league standard. He's lazy, greedy and has almost zero end product.
He might look good against the shit in the Dutch league and Brugge but he just keeps putting in terrible performances every week in the league.
Same here. I do wonder if he's good enough for the Premier League. Rooney and Ronaldo certainly did when they were 21.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's not good enought at the moment. Harsh but true. He's not adjusted the this level at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.