Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

Loon

:lol:
Don’t particularly like the guy, but he rode the wave when things were not going well and had lunatics like Troops calling for his head and now has Arsenal in the right part of the table.

Anybody but the Scousers, and I do have a fond memories of watching that Friday night game back in 1989...

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Seriously? He did actually have an extended period in the PL as a DM. Demean him as a coach as Lego-Pep if you like, but for his playing career, he was a real hardman not a faux one.
I can’t remember Arteta ever being described as a hard man in his playing career.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
All these late stoppage goals surely must lead to a title win. SAF had them, Klopp had them. But if you don't win the title after all this then doubts will creep in eventually. Do not think they can continue to call themselves underdogs anymore. This is the season they should go all out.
City’s 4th season fatigue is kicking in and Arsenal are consistently getting late winners. Feels like the season Liverpool ran away with it. They really have to get it done - for our sake too. Enough of City breaking our records.

ti vu

Seriously? He did actually have an extended period in the PL as a DM. Demean him as a coach as Lego-Pep if you like, but for his playing career, he was a real hardman not a faux one.
:lol:

If Arteta were a hardman, Beckham would have been considered superman in comparison.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I loved him as a player for us but i've quickly grown to really dislike him. Would hate to see him win the league. :nervous:

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
I loved him as a player for us but i've quickly grown to really dislike him. Would hate to see him win the league. :nervous:
Funnily enough, he’s never been anything but respectful of his time at Everton and grateful for Moyes’ effect on his career.

SuperiorXI

I can't stand this prick and what makes it worse is we're nowhere near the level to be able to dismantle his season.

Imagine back in the 2000s having to watch Rafa Benitez win the league.

wr8_utd

:'(
Arsenal are way better than Liverpool
They're both at similar points and both struggling to put away even the poor teams in the league and they're both scraping results with late goals. I think they're both pretty similar really.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Don't care about his touchline antics, much prefer the distant brooding presence(mostly) of Wenger. But his antics are par for the course in the time of Pep, Klopp, Simeone etc. So energetic that they'll almost get involved in play themselves.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Completely fair rival fans do not like him. I would probably be the same if he wasn't our manager. I hated Mourinho much the same way. On top of it Mourinho had a bit of a god complex. I think he is ever so slightly better as of late. They should have given a lot more yellow cards at the start of his managerial career. He may have toned it down significantly by now had they done so.

erikcred

Don't care about his touchline antics, much prefer the distant brooding presence(mostly) of Wenger. But his antics are par for the course in the time of Pep, Klopp, Simeone etc. So energetic that they'll almost get involved in play themselves.
The three managers you name come across as weirdos who can't control themselves. Arteta comes across as the kind of manager that practices his antics in front of a mirror at home before doing it on a pitch. Explains how sometimes his timing is terrible. Like when easily dominating at Anfield he goes and pulls some hard man shit in front of Klopp and all that happens is that he riles up 40000 savages.

erikcred

Completely fair rival fans do not like him. I would probably be the same if he wasn't our manager. I hated Mourinho much the same way. On top of it Mourinho had a bit of a god complex. I think he is ever so slightly better as of late. They should have given a lot more yellow cards at the start of his managerial career. He may have toned it down significantly by now had they done so.
Mourinho was a different level altogether. He came in, heaped tons of pressure on himself with his talk and spending and then went on to justify the so-called god complex completely. Chelsea players would've run themselves into the ground for him. We hated Mourinho because we feared his teams.

Arteta is a decent, methodical manager who made the most of his initial low-expectation seasons at Arsenal. Good for him. Just seems to try too hard sometimes wanting to be spoken of in the same vein as the top top managers. Rival fans don't really fear his teams in the same way as they'd fear the best teams of Pep, Klopp, Simeone, Mourinho. The others, I hate. Arteta to me is just an annoyance. Somehow even his "I'm ashamed" rant came off more whiny and fake than the classics from others like "the wind deviated the ball".

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
The three managers you name come across as weirdos who can't control themselves. Arteta comes across as the kind of manager that practices his antics in front of a mirror at home before doing it on a pitch. Explains how sometimes his timing is terrible. Like when easily dominating at Anfield he goes and pulls some hard man shit in front of Klopp and all that happens is that he riles up 40000 savages.
I attribute this more to temperament than pre-meditation, but other than that, I agree. That was a very avoidable mistake from him (and Xhaka - in a rare misstep in an otherwise stellar season).

Conor

Mourinho is in no way comparable to Arteta. Arteta is an out and out gimp.

Rojofiam

Liverpool already 1 point ahead of Arsenal and can make that 4 points as they should beat Arsenal in Anfield at the end of this month.
And with their current midfield they'll still finish at least 10 points behind Arsenal. Thiago is always out and they don't have a good enough lone DM to win the Premier League.

always_hoping

And with their current midfield they'll still finish at least 10 points behind Arsenal. Thiago is always out and they don't have a good enough lone DM to win the Premier League.
They have plenty of midfield options with or without Thiago. Arsenal won't be good enough to win it. Only Man City discovering championship form in the 2nd half of this season will be able to stop Liverpool from winning it.

Rojofiam

They have plenty of midfield options with or without Thiago. Arsenal won't be good enough to win it. Only Man City discovering championship form in the 2nd half of this season will be able to stop Liverpool from winning it.
Their only DM is Endo. They can't control games like Arsenal or City can. This title challenge talk will soon die down, you'll see.

ForFuchsSake

They’re very thin on the ground in midfield and the quality (aside from Sbozoszlai) is hardly outstanding. MacAllister could be out for a duration of time too.

Van Dijk and Allison are undoubtably class and Alexander-Arnold is brilliant offensively but they do lack depth in defence and any injuries could seriously hamper them, particularly if they progress far in Europa.

They’ve got brilliant forward options, which are pretty much comparable to anyone in the league, so can always pop up with match-winning moments - as shown on many occasions already. I feel like they’re somewhat reliant on that though and could easily have dropped more points in the league so far.