g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho is Manchester United manager | Megathread closed, start new Mourinho threads

How do feel about José Mourinho's appointment as Man Utd manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerfell

"please try to sign Kante or pogba zlatan or kane , payet or greizman varane or manolas :D"

Last edited:

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Who do we think he was there to watch tonight? He loves an experienced old head at the back and Carvalho is prob his favourite player ever, he may be the oldest player going to the Euro's but he is on a free transfer and would be like an assistant coach on the pitch for Mourinho.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Who do we think he was there to watch tonight? He loves an experienced old head at the back and Carvalho is prob his favourite player ever, he may be the oldest player going to the Euro's but he is on a free transfer and would be like an assistant coach on the pitch for Mourinho.
At 38, I hope he's not coming. Especially if we were to sign Zlatan, too many old fogeys!

Hammerfell

Probably just keeping an eye on United players who just happened to be playing against his own country.

Trizy

Why couldn't we have signed this man straight after Fergie.. there would've been no such thing as ''transition''

stevoc

Why couldn't we have signed this man straight after Fergie.. there would've been no such thing as ''transition''
Because he wasn't cut from the same cloth as Ferguson.

I agree though, wasted 3 years on bullshit idealistic notions.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
People were saying this type of thing about LVG before he managed a single game for us. One quote sticks out in my mind, read it on here and only wish I could remember his name to shame him, anyway he said

"I wish Ferguson had gone years ago, we'd have got Van Gaal sooner"

Brent Adamson

I am actually happy with this news. Yeah, I think some may say he is not good for Man United. But he is better choice than the previous manager. This new change can give us a chance to see whether we can make it next season or not. Taking this another chance is better than sticking to the old management.

togg

He looks so happy to have finally got the club he's wanted for quite some time. Unlike LVG, Jose's respect and admiration for Fergie supersedes his ego and I have a feeling that those two will speak to each other quite a lot. Not saying Jose isn't his own man and will do things his way, but the respect for what Fergie built, the successive successful teams he created and his longevity will be something Jose embraces rather than feel it a hindrance...which is exactly what I feel Moyes and LVG did.

InfiniteBoredom

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Wonder when we can start expecting new signings coming in.
Hopefully we get a couple before the euros, since prices tend to rise alot during world cups and euros.

ottosec

Phil Neville saying on twitter that Mourinho hasn't pulled out of Socceraid.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I wonder about JM's targets this summer. We see a lot of clubs getting their business done quickly, probably due to the EC.

Since contact between us and Mourinho allegedly started already in December one have to believe that he has defined targets and a shape for the squad in mind.

I hope we just swoop and get all this done quickly, without the trademark hesitation and press speculation we are used to under Woody.

nick2004

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Even Jose wouldn't have been able to save the club from the shock. We were going to have an inevitable downfall no matter whether we had Jose, Pep, Klopp, Ancelotti or anyone else in charge.

Jose is possibly the one who would've impacted us the least because of his ego and personal relationship with SAF but it still would've been huge.

Sir Alex WAS the club for 27 years. It became something completely different the moment he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.