OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho is Manchester United manager | Megathread closed, start new Mourinho threads

How do feel about José Mourinho's appointment as Man Utd manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varun

Staff
I could see Mourinho keeping him with our defensive injuries over recent years. Someone who is useful in 3-4 positions isn't a bad thing to have.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho favours Blind over Jackson at LB either.
That's the only position I could see him played in under Mourinho and as you said, wouldn't surprise me if CBJ was sent on loan and blind kept in the squad. If we don't though, Blind would struggle to get game time. Mourinho will buy a minimum of 1 CB, maybe even 2.

ravi2

Just watched the season review of the EPL 2015/2016 season and Jose was the coach of Chelsea and Rogers was the coach of Livers....how things have changed.

I never would have foreseen the implosion of Chelsea and the hiring of Jose at this juncture but Chelsea's loss is our gain.
I havent been this excited in a long time to see United and how Jose shapes the side :)

stevoc

That's the only position I could see him played in under Mourinho and as you said, wouldn't surprise me if CBJ was sent on loan and blind kept in the squad. If we don't though, Blind would struggle to get game time. Mourinho will buy a minimum of 1 CB, maybe even 2.
Oh his days at CB are over i agree and rightly so.

Only a loon like Van Gaal would play a 5'10'' midfielder at centre back for an entire season in probably the most physical league in Europe simply because he's left footed.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Most of us know its bull---- anyway, if a team doesnt have a youth academy who is there to promote.

If enough people repeat something it becomes "fact" just like many people believe urban myths, He'll do fine with the youth academy.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I like the way there is more silence about our dealings so far this time compared to last two summers.There's the press making their wild guesses, as usual, but nothing concrete at all. No journos telling us Woodward is in talks with somebody's agent, or that we've made a bid of so and so for said player.

Are we going for a DoF? Is Zlatan coming? Are we signing a CB? Is Mata really being shown the door already? Who's our new right winger? All speculation, no one really knows.

Typical Mourinho way of doing things. I like it.
Or maybe I'm reading too much into proceedings.

Natener

I like the way there is more silence about our dealings so far this time compared to last two summers.There's the press making their wild guesses, as usual, but nothing concrete at all. No journos telling us Woodward is in talks with somebody's agent, or that we've made a bid of so and so for said player.

Are we going for a DoF? Is Zlatan coming? Are we signing a CB? Is Mata really being shown the door already? Who's our new right winger? All speculation, no one really knows.

Typical Mourinho way of doing things. I like it.
Or maybe I'm reading too much into proceedings.
To be fair, Woodward went about things quietly last season too. Schneiderlin, BFS, Darmian and even Martial's transfer news all came out only once talks reached advance stages.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Flicking through his photos on Instagram puts a smile on my face knowing he is our manager.

Cannot wait till the new season begins!

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Is Mata responsible for his Instagram account? So far the updates have been as dull as Mata 's blog.

Moonred

I like them.

Another side to him other than just being manager.
Its just an elaborate branding exercise. Not an issue for me to be fair. His team can do whatever the feck he wants that helps him grow. I'd wait out for the actual action.

binary bot
Can't wait for the first ever in game Instagram post by a manager.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Every comment on his instagram seems to be a variant of "don't sell Blind" or "keep Mata".

Coops73

:lol: I'd much rather he hung out with David Lynch
feck me no! The thought of Woody getting high on gas while crawling towards Mendes on his hands and knees saying "Mommy loves you" has given me the bloody fear.

mbb8

Is Mata responsible for his Instagram account? So far the updates have been as dull as Mata 's blog.
What do you want him to post? Sniffing cocaine off strippers' vaginas? It's the off-season, and he's a high profiled individual. He can't be making news on Instagram. Anything he posts with remotely any new information will turn into a story the whole press will spend an entire news cycle disecting.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
What do you want him to post? Sniffing cocaine off strippers' vaginas? It's the off-season, and he's a high profiled individual. He can't be making news on Instagram. Anything he posts with remotely any new information will turn into a story the whole press will spend an entire news cycle disecting.
Honestly that would be a fantastic place to start.

Trizy

Would love if it was true for the simple fact is it shows he means business and wants no distractions. However, it's a charity event that will take a few hours IN Old Trafford? He couldn't be closer to United.

Riz

Sounds a bit selfish but I kind of hope that's true.

I want his first game in the home dugout to be an occasion, not slightly tarnished by the fact he'll have had it as "England" boss in a charity game.

Devil may care

Would love if it was true for the simple fact is it shows he means business and wants no distractions. However, it's a charity event that will take a few hours IN Old Trafford? He couldn't be closer to United.
My guess is that he doesn't want to walk out at Old Trafford for the first time as United manager until it's leading our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.