OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho is Manchester United manager | Megathread closed, start new Mourinho threads

How do feel about José Mourinho's appointment as Man Utd manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone

Something
Sounds a bit selfish but I kind of hope that's true.

I want his first game in the home dugout to be an occasion, not slightly tarnished by the fact he'll have had it as "England" boss in a charity game.
I actually think that's the real reason behind ditching that game, i mean a game at OT is hardly a distraction.

Bojan11

Daily Fail reporting it too. Big Sam apparently taking his place.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Just so he doesn't have to answer press questions about United I guess

Was looking forward to it

Zoo

Mail says he will still train the team but Allardyce (who was due to be his assistant) will be in charge on the day. Makes sense if he doesn't want his presence to overshadow a charity match.

brian017

Just so he doesn't have to answer press questions about United I guess

Was looking forward to it
Don't know how true it is but some MUTV presenter said he isn't allowed to talk to the media except them until July 7th. If that's true, it could be the reason why he pulled out

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Don't know how true it is but some MUTV presenter said he isn't allowed to talk to the media except them until July 7th. If that's true, it could be the reason why he pulled out
If it's true then its a shame MUTV decided that a 2 min interview was all that was needed for the fans.

stevoc

If it's true then its a shame MUTV decided that a 2 min interview was all that was needed for the fans.
Yeah that was a bit of a let down last friday, was hoping for a longer interview.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Wonder how many guys are going to come out of the closet over Jose ..

Riz

Every now and then I remember that this fecking boss is in charge from now on. :drool:

Expecting big things from Smalling, Shaw, Schneiderlin and Martial next season.

Edit: And Dave of course.

Last edited:

phepheshane

Every now and then I remember that this fecking boss is in charge from now on. :drool:

Expecting big things from Smalling, Shaw, Schneiderlin and Martial next season.

Edit: And Dave of course.
Rooney???I mean he cant get any worse, the only way is up for him!

Riz

Rooney???I mean he cant get any worse, the only way is up for him!
I've been fooled too many times in recent years with Rooney. He'll look razor sharp in pre season and as fit as ever but it doesn't transfer into the start of the season.

Still it'll be interesting to see how he adapts to this new midfield role.

phepheshane

I don't buy this "Rooney in midfield role" schtick.I still think he'll play behind the striker.A fast paced supporting cast behind him(midfield) and he looks a million times better...and if he doesn't I don't think Jose will be afraid to drop/sub him

Woodzy

:lol: still a bit unbelievable from Moyes.
It still irritates me now.

Everyone needs a holiday, I understand that, but surely it was in his best interest to get to work straight away, considering he was taking on the biggest job in the world and there was no way he would have been prepared.

In hindsight though it would have be nice if he took a 9 month holiday.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Everyone needs a holiday, I understand that, but surely it was in his best interest to get to work straight away, considering he was taking on the biggest job in the world and there was no way he would have been prepared.

I feel about exactly the same. It's just easier to see the funny side/Moyes' delusion, then still get agitated about it. And I was one of the few "ok" ones with the appointment. FFS.

Boycott

He was still under contract at Everton until July. In hindsight the club should have bought it out so he'd start as soon as the season was done. The same is with Guardiola who remains Bayern manager by title until his contract runs out in July. However City have the structure in place to start working on his plans with the ex Barca directors overseeing.

CG1010

He was still under contract at Everton until July. In hindsight the club should have bought it out so he'd start as soon as the season was done. The same is with Guardiola who remains Bayern manager by title until his contract runs out in July. However City have the structure in place to start working on his plans with the ex Barca directors overseeing.
As others said, nobody is stopping anybody to start work unofficially - such as transfer lists, scouting etc.

JohnnyKills

Everything about his tenure irritates me to this day. Can't believe United went down that road. Never again!

Anduin

I still can't believe Jose is managing us now, seems like a dream after David 'aspiring to be City' Moyes and Louis 'a title challenge is asking too much' Van Gaal. Exciting times ahead I feel!

peridigm

Everyday I visit this thread and still can't believe he's the manager. Can't wait for the players to return, new signings, and the season to start.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Yeah, you'd think stuff like this would've clued our board in:

To be fair, 6th-7th place for Everton is a good achievement. In comparison, they finished 11th this season.

Moyes was a 6th-7th place manager and he achieved this at MUFC, too.
LVG was a wildcard, because he hadn't managed a league side for a while. He was a top class manager, but in the EPL at least, he was a 4th-5th place manager.
Jose is a top 2 manager (this season, excepted)...same with Fergie.

So, if Moyes had got 4th place, he'd be doing very well. Punching above his weight.
If LVG got top 4, he'd be doing "okay". Not bad. No good. Just "okay.
If Jose/Fergie got 4th place - its a disaster!!!

I have no idea why anybody in their right mind would've believed that Moyes could've done better than 6th-7th, despite him proving over the years, that this was his level.

Status
Not open for further replies.