Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | W15 D2 L4

Is Ole a good appointment?

• Total voters

hocane

I think a big factor to why OGS didn't succeed in Cardiff is that they didn't have the players to suit his style of football. They were your typical hoofball championship team.

And he got thrown in there in mid season with a team literally in the s***t. Wrong club at the wrong time

Reactions: Penna

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
The squad is simply bound to improve thanks to this.OGS is the mirror opposite to Jose, he will get performances from the players just by the force of his upbeat persona.
I wish him the very best of luck.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I used to get the VHS subscription in the nineties with highlights and features and such.

Remember like it was yesterday they showed the raft of signings in 96, Johnsen, Cruyff, Poborski, Van Der Gouw.

And one OGS.

Remember him scoring against Blackburn on his debut and being named the baby faced assassin. Pretty much became one of my favourite players.

I probably want him to succeed more than anyone.

Foxbatt

I have another theory too. Could they be grooming to see if Ole can take over the DOF position?

vidic blood & sand

I think Fergie is repaying Solskjaer's loyalty as a player. SAF has played an absolute master stroke here.
Solskjaer keeps his job at Molde whatever happens. He starts 11 points behind 4th. And an old familiar face will be there to support him.
It's an interim position so he won't be sacked.

If he manages to steady the ship and get the team playing well, it puts him back in the world view as to what potential he has as a coach. There's no ego, little pressure, just a passionate love of Manchester United who as a fan desires to see things turned around.

Everyone wins, and its thanks to SAF.

vidic blood & sand

It is weird to appoint him as the interim manager in the first place.
Solskjaer was an extremely loyal player for us. Was used heavily as an impact player, and yet never made a fuss about it, and never desired to leave.
I'm happy to see him get this chance to really kickstart his managerial career on the world stage.

mu4c_20le

It is weird to appoint him as the interim manager in the first place.
Seems like an obvious choice for me. Better than letting Carrick/McKenna take over, who have zero experience. Personally I was surprised that Ole/Molde were okay with it but there you go.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
He’s on 400k a year at Molde FK and we will pay them 1.8m to borrow him for 5 months while they are on close season?? Then pay them 8m if we decide to keep him? If that is true then Woodward really does need sacking.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He’s on 400k a year at Molde FK and we will pay them 1.8m to borrow him for 5 months while they are on close season?? Then pay them 8m if we decide to keep him? If that is true then Woodward really does need sacking.
He's missing their pre-season, missing out on discussing transfer targets. I'm sure managers do more than this during the off-season, but those are just two things on top of my head.

In the grand scheme of things, £1.8million is nothing.