6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

drdoityourself

I've been parked right up his arse this season but that second half performance, especially the last ten minutes, was shocking, just seemed to crumble. He has to bring composure to the midfield when we need it, he isn't doing that when under pressure.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Could have used his cool head today tbh. Apart from Mata everyone else was losing the plot.
It's a bit of theme isn't it, the 2nd half here and the game vs. Liverpool. Cool Pogba replaced by a completely different player who tries to rush everything. I think he's learning more about himself in one season at United then he's learnt in many at Juventus and he is adjusting to it, he'll be fine but he needs to embrace who he is more. The last thing I would say he lacks is composure but that's completely what he played without in the last 30 mins.

El Jefe

Seriously wtf are you on about? Talk about over reactions. He wasn't great but you clearly never watched Liam miller play for us.
I missed the part where Liam Miller was a first choice player.

Read posts properly before quoting.

AndyJ1985

I think he's too arrogant for his own good and believes he doesn't have to try because he's just that good. He's too casual and it leads to losing possession and making mistakes. A bit like Ibrahimovic actually.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I know it's a cliche nowadays. But he needs someone like Keane to set the proper standards for him.

Too casual, too carefree, too self indulgent.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I think he's too arrogant for his own good and believes he doesn't have to try because he's just that good. He's too casual and it leads to losing possession and making mistakes. A bit like Ibrahimovic actually.
Here's another armchair psychologist. There's plenty of them on the caf these days

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Genuine question, why was he so coveted at Juventus? I didn't watch him...

I ask this because I would like to know what I should be expecting from him. He plays a lovely lobbed ball but too often he delays the game too much and plays a poor pass.
Because playing alongside Marchisio and Pirlo made him look better than he actually was.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I'm in the camp that think's he's been largely very good. And he did produce some great moments, like his ball to Rooney in the first half. He always creates.

But my word, did he lose his composure at the end. Hoofing, and when he got his chances he fluffed his lines. Especially the one that dropped for him in the box.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I know it's a cliche nowadays. But he needs someone like Keane to set the proper standards for him.

Too casual, too carefree, too self indulgent.
The issue in the last 30 was that he wasn't relaxed and rational, that's why he made bad decisions.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
:lol: there's no way this won't look utterly ridiculous in a few years' time.
So you guys keep on telling me. But You have nothing to base your view on.

And if he does suddenly become good, it in no way diminishes how over adulated and over rated he has been by his fanboys. My post is a perfectly reasonable assessment of Pogba's game today.

If he becomes world class, big fcuking deal, we paid a handsome price for that privilege. What is clear is that he is likely costing us a top 4 position as a Manchester United no 8 should be winning games for us, as opposed to holding us back.

Utter shite.

hubbuh

The last 30 minutes aside he was fine. They were some shocking 30 minutes though, and that was when we needed our big players to step up. The disappointing thing is we brought him in under the assumption he was already the real deal. It's now patently obvious he still has quite a way to go in his development before he's the full package. He just doesn't seem to have much going on in terms of intelligent game management. As a slightly random aside, Giggs was the master of this and no doubt it spread to the players around him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The issue in the last 30 was that he wasn't relaxed and rational, that's why he made bad decisions.
Indeed. For all the talk of bottling or lack of focus, it's poor decision making that lets him down more often.

For all his talents, he isn't exactly the most intelligent player I've ever seen.

Jib

Genuine question, why was he so coveted at Juventus? I didn't watch him...

I ask this because I would like to know what I should be expecting from him. He plays a lovely lobbed ball but too often he delays the game too much and plays a poor pass.
Because he was an unique LM/AM :

Litch

Hes a good player, but IMO hes been a bottle job most of the season. When shit has got tough he has not been able to be the one to be calm and take control of the game. That is what is expected of him and IMO he has fallen short all season. Both Liverpool games being examples
The second half against Southampton did he bottle it? He's not 27 year old seasoned pro, he's still a young lad learning the game. Who might see what you expect from him but not this season or even next. The irony is for me he's not bottling nothing but at times trying too hard to prove a point. That's his football immaturity.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Most of the second half was bad, and he thoroughly lost his head like everyone else when United played Fellaini-ball in crunch time.

But as several posters already said (and much more will have forgotten by now): Good performance until early in the second half, created several chances (4 key passes overall), forced Boruc into two magnificent saves, played a key role in playing B'mouth off the park during that time.

This thread can be every bit as unreadable as the MDT at times.

Ash_G

He seems to get worked up though. For me though that's where we made the mistake of leaving him as the main midfielder when we're chasing a goal. You need a Carrick/Herrera to make sure we keep some calm in the middle.

Full bodied red

Help me decide which was the biggest fraud....

Us selling Depay to Lyon for £20 million ?

Us buying Pogba for £90 million ?

Right now, this minute, I'm lost for new words to say....I said 'em all before and just after we signed him so I'll just have to repeat them yet again....

He's hopeless and hopelessly overrated.....

Treble

Indeed. For all the talk of bottling or lack of focus, it's poor decision making that lets him down more often.

For all his talents, he isn't exactly the most intelligent player I've ever seen.
This.

Still young and learning, though. One can hope at least.

AXVnee7

Because he was an unique LM/AM :

The problem with these videos are that they are a show reel. Pogba did plenty of tricks even today especially that nice little play that won us a free-kick. It doesn't show what he does over a 90 minute period, which is what I'm trying to get at.

Litch

Bad game but Christ some people need to get over themselves because we've drawn a football game. Suck it up rather than looking for scapegoats

Baxter

ffs couldn't we have signed Kante? smh
Who for some reason gets praised for genuinely poor play? I've never actually seen him criticised.

Look how many retweets this got, for missing tackles, giving the ball away and ended up fouling.

If Pogba played like that he'd be crucified on here for a lack of composure or whatever.

SeaCarrot

Seriously immature player. Can see the natural talent, but spends his time at the barber and practicing showboats. Have my doubts he has the drive or intelligence to mature and improve like Ronaldo did.

So far Sir Alex vindicated in letting him go, the Welbeck of CM's.

Delete your fecking Twitter and Instagram and get your head in the game.

Roboc7

We are expecting him to be something he is not, I think signing griezmann would be a huge error because pogba needs to play in a three and griezmann needs to play behind a striker. We could end up with two most expensive players in the world and getting best of neither.

He was awful today, trying too hard to make things happen and holding onto the ball too long, but if we aren't playing him in his best role we won't get best out of him.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
contributed more in his 25 mins than pogba did all game.
I know Pogba is a darling around here but I'd even say Fellaini has contributed more than Pogba has all season. He's one of the worst midfielders we've ever had as in - he doesn't know what to do there. Absolutely clueless positioning wise. We're playing with a man short when he's in there.

And when he's not contributing with the things he's good at - shooting and passing - he's is worse than Anderson.

Phil

I'm in the camp that think's he's been largely very good. And he did produce some great moments, like his ball to Rooney in the first half. He always creates.

But my word, did he lose his composure at the end. Hoofing, and when he got his chances he fluffed his lines. Especially the one that dropped for him in the box.
This is logical.

His second half was horrific but he's been good throughout the season.

Festive Sandvich

Agree with this. Seems to have all the technical and physical attributes, but not (yet) the intelligence to use them to full effect. Hopefully something that improves as he gets older.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
So you guys keep on telling me. But You have nothing to base your view on.

And if he does suddenly become good, it in no way diminishes how over adulated and over rated he has been by his fanboys. My post is a perfectly reasonable assessment of Pogba's game today.

If he becomes world class, big fcuking deal, we paid a handsome price for that privilege. What is clear is that he is likely costing us a top 4 position as a Manchester United no 8 should be winning games for us, as opposed to holding us back.

Utter shite.
He creates chances in pretty much every game he plays. He's not the finished article yet obviously but if you haven't been able to see his outrageous talent so far I'd have to question your eyesight.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
This.

Still young and learning, though. One can hope at least.
No offence

But "young and learning" my arse.

He's in the prime of his career and at the height of his energy. If he can't do it now, and he can't, he'll never do it.

Keane, Scholes, Giggs, etc... All world class at his age.

Fecks sake .... How often did we laugh at the Steven Gerrard glory passes to the opposition?

Well it ain't funny now.

Baxter

I know Pogba is a darling around here but I'd even say Fellaini has contributed more than Pogba has all season. He's one of the worst midfielders we've ever had as in - he doesn't know what to do there. Absolutely clueless positioning wise. We're playing with a man short when he's in there.

And when he's not contributing with the things he's good at - shooting and passing - he's is worse than Anderson.

:lol::lol::lol:
Wow.

Litch

The problem with these videos are that they are a show reel. Pogba did plenty of tricks even today especially that nice little play that won us a free-kick. It doesn't show what he does over a 90 minute period, which is what I'm trying to get at.
Don't be absolutely ridiculous because he's had a poor game. He's absolute quality and when he proves it, you'll all will pretend to have amnesia bout the crap you've wrote before it. It's easy to critique when he's played bad, I suggest those who have wrote how bad he's been a signing stick with this for the rest of his career here....

Full bodied red

I agree with you then.

Pogba is going to be a monster player in a few years. I still fully believe that.

He was fecking diabolical today though. Anyone completely writing him off after today is wrong, but he deserves to be criticised for that performance.
It'd be an improvement if he even makes it to the level of your namesake.....

Status
Not open for further replies.