Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

santeria13

Sublemon
Yes. The whole self-promotion gimmick. There's frankly too much of it. He's selling a product.
Erm. Ronaldo? People have different mentalities. If he is that determined to become the best in the world, no amount of self promotion will stop him from doing it.

Some players, ala Depay, do not seem to have this kind of mentality. As for if Pogba can handle it, we shall see. But so far, nothing has pointed to the fact that what he does off the pitch is affecting his development.

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
He's super fit. If the off-the-pitch activities start to impact a player, you almost always see the player starting to look soft, slow and fat. Pogba looks like he's cut our of granite. Nothing to talk about here.

It's not like he's out there shooting a music video, playing in a movie or partying at nightclubs every night. Because he's a fairly devout muslim, he doesn't drink alcohol which is a good thing.

If Rooney could get this fit in exchange for being very socially visible, i'd take it all day long.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I know he's a young man, but he won't win that ballon d'or until he realizes that he needs to sacrifice his lifestyle for the game. Being the best means you have to abandon every distraction for a while.
Being a colourful character doesn't mean you aren't focused or sacrificing things for your profession.

podurban2

I know he's a young man, but he won't win that ballon d'or until he realizes that he needs to sacrifice his lifestyle for the game. Being the best means you have to abandon every distraction for a while.
Yeah, tell that to Ronaldo.

Godfather

Oh god it has begun.

Stringer

:lol: What a load of nonsense. He changes his hair a bit more frequently than others, that's it. I haven't heard any stories about him out partying before matches or anything.

SirAF

Ageist
Old school alert! :) There is nothing to suggest that it's distracting him - new times.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Aye, Messi dyed his hair white, must be a rubbish player for caring so much about his appearance. :D
Maybe he dyed it white because he gives zero fecks :wenger:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
All these older fans worrying that he dresses funny, when their idol George Best literally pissed and shagged it all away :D

Pogba wouldn't have got to the stage in his career he has now if he wasn't focused, don't worry people. Dying your hair and wearing extravagant clothes doesn't mean you won't perform when it matters.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Said he wants to start vs Southampton and that he's used to missing pre-season from his World Cup experience. Also said he's been training during his holidays.

Last edited:

pseudo_canadian

Can't remember the last time I was this excited for one of our games.

Seeing Pogba step back on the field for us will be an incredible moment :drool:

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Mourinho press conference soon. Lets see if he answers about starting Pogback!

Marcelinho87

Unleash the Pog! :drool:

Think he'll only feature for a few (about 20) minutes tomorrow though - really can't wait to see him back at United.
Why? I expect him to start most games and finish the whole 90 minutes, tomorrow will be no different imo.

Quizierda

Why? I expect him to start most games and finish the whole 90 minutes, tomorrow will be no different imo.
He still should have a lack in fitness and understanding of Mou's tactics - shouldn't he. So I expect Mou to not risk a good result by lining up an "unfit" player with only a small clue of what he demands from his players in certain roles.

However, if he's on level he'll propably start. Going forward, I expect him to be the first name on Mou's team sheet and one of the last ones to be subbeb though.

Marcelinho87

He still should have a lack in fitness and understanding of Mou's tactics - shouldn't he. So I expect Mou to not risk a good result by lining up an "unfit" player with only a small clue of what he demands from his players in certain roles.

However, if he's on level he'll propably start. Going forward, I expect him to be the first name on Mou's team sheet and one of the last ones to be subbeb though.
Well he has trained every day for the last 10 days I think I read somewhere, plenty for him to dive in with and ain't nobody quite upto Mou's tactics yet.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Mata in a 10, Mkhitayran on the wing, Rooney in nandos.

EvilIrwin

In terms of publicity and the Pogba brand plus lack of pre season, he was never going to play full 90mins. I fully expect him to come on with a standing ovation and cheers from the Old Trafford crowd :drool: and with Rooney being replaced would be a nice bonus :keano:

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Erm. Ronaldo? People have different mentalities. If he is that determined to become the best in the world, no amount of self promotion will stop him from doing it.

Some players, ala Depay, do not seem to have this kind of mentality. As for if Pogba can handle it, we shall see. But so far, nothing has pointed to the fact that what he does off the pitch is affecting his development.

Here's the big difference: Ronaldo was already at the top when he went into self-promotion mode. He had nothing to prove at that point. He exploded in 2007, carried through in 2008 and only started his narcissistic media appearances after his Madrid transfer.

George Best was not a top player for long. His lifestyle got the better of him. People forget how fast he went down that spiral after asserting himself as the best.

Messi has nothing to prove to anyone. Besides, he seems to be slightly autistic.

But the thing about all those guys is that they timed it perfectly. They became champions, then they allowed themselves to do whatever they fancied.

It's not the lifestyle as in drinking and partying. He's not a Brazilian, he should be fine. It's how he carries himself. He is very, very, very flashy.

SirAF

Ageist
Here's the big difference: Ronaldo was already at the top when he went into self-promotion mode. He had nothing to prove at that point. He exploded in 2007, carried through in 2008 and only started his narcissistic media appearances after his Madrid transfer.

George Best was not a top player for long. His lifestyle got the better of him. People forget how fast he went down that spiral after asserting himself as the best.

Messi has nothing to prove to anyone. Besides, he seems to be slightly autistic.

But the thing about all those guys is that they timed it perfectly. They became champions, then they allowed themselves to do whatever they fancied.

It's not the lifestyle as in drinking and partying. He's not a Brazilian, he should be fine. It's how he carries himself. He is very, very, very flashy.
:lol:

podurban2

Who the f cares? You don't know for a second if that will affect his performances on the pitch.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

1. No he wasn't
2. Best had 8 amazing seasons with us (and 2,5 slightly overwhelming ones)

Nick7

What the feck :lol::lol:

EyeInTheSky

Said he wants to start vs Southampton and that he's used to missing pre-season from his World Cup experience. Also said he's been training during his holidays.

My face muscles are fatigued from smiling throughout the whole video. What a good spirit this lad has, very uplifting, sincere and playful. Been a long time since I smiled like that!

Jaybomb

It's how he carries himself. He is very, very, very flashy.
That's who Pogba is though.

By the way, he's already "made it" to the top. He's been in 2 European finals, World Cup Young Player of the Year, the Ballon d'Or FIFPro World XI and countless leagues and cups with Juventus. That's a great career already.

Status
Not open for further replies.