Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Overall I've been happy with Pogba this season, cconsidering it's his first season. There have been a few bad games but i think for the most part he's been good to excellent. I have a feeling that it'll get portrayed as a poor first season though if he doesn't come up with something in a big game. Not that it matters what everyone else thinks.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Overall I've been happy with Pogba this season, cconsidering it's his first season. There have been a few bad games but i think for the most part he's been good to excellent. I have a feeling that it'll get portrayed as a poor first season though if he doesn't come up with something in a big game. Not that it matters what everyone else thinks.
Spot on. United fans who watch every game know he has been very good, if not excellent. But the narrative from the media/opposition fans will only change when he has a great performance in a big game which is ridiculous but that is another discussion.

He's been getting more confident and comfortable in our setup. Hopefully he will get to showcase what he can do in that brutal run-in we have.

Sylar

So happy to see that we bought him coming into his prime (rather than the other way)
That video is a good find @MyOnlySolskjaer - number of assists should be more than double figures right now.

We know he can get better too which is gonna be frightening for other teams.

RORY65

Spot on. United fans who watch every game know he has been very good, if not excellent. But the narrative from the media/opposition fans will only change when he has a great performance in a big game which is ridiculous but that is another discussion.

He's been getting more confident and comfortable in our setup. Hopefully he will get to showcase what he can do in that brutal run-in we have.
It's not really ridiculous. The idea that we can expect Messi or Ronaldo-esque levels from him because he's the most expensive player ever is ridiculous but expecting a player with that price tag, his reputation and talent to perform well in big games is not ridiculous. He was terrible at home to Liverpool, he seemed to be one of several players who gave up away to Chelsea and generally he's been underwhelming against the best sides, his best performances in those games (home to Spurs and Arsenal) were good but certainly did not merit being called very good or excellent.

It's clearly an area he needs to work on, he was terrific away to Bayern last season but arguably Juve's least influential player in the latter stages of the Champions League in 2015 and struggled at times in the Euros in the summer. The ability is all there and he's been terrific in a lot of games this season but we really do need him to perform in the run-in given how much harder ours is than pretty much all of the sides above us.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
It's not really ridiculous. The idea that we can expect Messi or Ronaldo-esque levels from him because he's the most expensive player ever is ridiculous but expecting a player with that price tag, his reputation and talent to perform well in big games is not ridiculous. He was terrible at home to Liverpool, he seemed to be one of several players who gave up away to Chelsea and generally he's been underwhelming against the best sides, his best performances in those games (home to Spurs and Arsenal) were good but certainly did not merit being called very good or excellent.

It's clearly an area he needs to work on, he was terrific away to Bayern last season but arguably Juve's least influential player in the latter stages of the Champions League in 2015 and struggled at times in the Euros in the summer. The ability is all there and he's been terrific in a lot of games this season but we really do need him to perform in the run-in given how much harder ours is than pretty much all of the sides above us.
I agree that our most expensive player should be helping us win big games. What I meant is ridiculous (and probably expressed it badly) is the fact that big games seem to be used by non-United fans and some in the media as the only criteria to judge some players.

There is 84 points for play against non top 6 teams and they seem to barely factor for a lot of people when judgements are made. Big game performances, while important, are overemphasized and the week to week performances against the rest of the league are undervalued.

OL29

I think a lot of central midfielders tend to mature later on in their career in this aspect e.g kolo toure, Carrick, Scholes Xavi to name but a few. The fact he's the most expensive player in the world shouldn't detract that he's still got some development left in him. We paid the price for what he'll become as much as what he already is. The fact he's so dominant already against the so called lesser teams is really encouraging.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I don't get this idea that Pogba 'gave up' against Chelsea. He was trying to rally the rest of the players at times. I know where it comes from though, it's because he pulled out of the challenge when Kante ran across his path on the edge of the box and scored. Which is entirely different from 'giving up'. If you've played football then you know that your only option there is to bring him down as he wasn't close enough to Kante.

Jib

but arguably Juve's least influential player in the latter stages of the Champions League in 2015 and struggled at times in the Euros in the summer. The ability is all there and he's been terrific in a lot of games this season but we really do need him to perform in the run-in given how much harder ours is than pretty much all of the sides above us.
He was arguably Juve's least influential player in the latter stages of the CL in 2015 ?
Are we talking about the same player ?

Because Pogba made the assist for Morata to win the game 2-1 against Dortmund in the first leg. In the second leg, he's injuried after 30 min and he'll be out for 2 months. But after the game, a lot of players like Morata and Bonucci will say that they'll go in the semi final for Pogba. He was a very important player on and off the pitch for them. They will keep their promise and Pogba will play the second leg against Real in Bernabeu and he'll make the assist for Morata and book Juve's place in the CL final despite the fact that he wasn't at his best.

In the Euros he was great against Iceland and against Germany he was very good. He does all the work for the Griezmann second goal. And in Italy he was always great in the big games, he loved to score amazing goals against Torino and Napoli. Juventus v Torino is one of the world's fascinating derbies and Napoli is since 2012 the second best team in Italy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akshay

RORY65

I agree that our most expensive player should be helping us win big games. What I meant is ridiculous (and probably expressed it badly) is the fact that big games seem to be used by non-United fans and some in the media as the only criteria to judge some players.

There is 84 points for play against non top 6 teams and they seem to barely factor for a lot of people when judgements are made. Big game performances, while important, are overemphasized and the week to week performances against the rest of the league are undervalued.
I agree with all of that, there is a focus on solely what players do in big games where Chelsea's dominance this season has been based on dropping so few points to teams outside the top 6 compared to sides like Liverpool who have excelled against better opposition. I'd also agree that Pogba has been very good this season, there have been games where he's been phenomenally good, but it's also true that he hasn't really performed against the top sides (against whom we've dropped a lot of points) but that he has a chance in the last couple of months to change that. He's so talented that he's clearly got the capability to do so and the exciting thing is he's still young so he will mature and develop.

SirAF

Ageist
feck me in the ass with a temperature metre! I was on the iPad and missed it :lol: Any gifs knocking about?

FujiVice

Jim White and Ray Wilkins just tried to do a Pogba Brothers handshake on Sky Sports News. The world is a strange place.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Cool piece of ultra kewl skill! Never even seen that in animated football. He has lots of tricks.
Did his job well too. Conservative and responsible performance.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Pogba has basically bossed both legs, MOTM in both games for me

Eriku

I've never seen anything like this before. Amazing.
Yeah, it was freestyle shit that shouldn't be possible on a pitch. Pogba's highlight reel for tricks is fecking CGI or some shit, mate, I refuse to believe the stuff he pulls off at times, but this time I saw it live on the telly :eek:

Devil may care

Dwelled on the ball a couple of times in the first half but was excellent in the second, sometimes I think playing with the 3 in midfield sees him lose his concentration a bit.

Ramicoo

^ That skill he did, it's is one of things which makes Pogba a special player. these skills requires a tall player but athlete much to control the ball with the legs.. There're many tall players but few of them are as athlete as Pogba

Dobbs

He's great at escaping a difficult situation. Surrounded by a few with no obvious way out and more often than not he does something brilliant.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
I think he was told to go out and keep possession for us and have some fun. We could afford to lose by a couple today and still go through. The Mkhi goal meant the tie was virtually over after half an hour and all Pogs had to do after that was hog the ball, control midfield and not get hurt. He appears to have done all three ... bring on the Saints!

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We are an injury for this guy to a season collapse. He is that good!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Like the team he's evolving as the season goes on, he's actually starting to look like he can be that tempo setter in midfield which if the case really will make him the complete midfield player

Acole9

Outstanding
I know we paid a lot for him but he is quality and there is still so much more to come from him.

IrishRedDevil

I think some people still under appreciate how much he brings to our team
The difference he makes is obvious when you look at games like v Blackburn. He come on and run the show and he offers things that none of our other players can dream about.

Status
Not open for further replies.