Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
Yeah, Modric has developed into a terrific central midfielder. Probably the best around.

Worth remembering that when he was Pogba'a age he couldn't even hold down his place for Spurs in that position. He was often made to play in wide midfield, with mighty talents like Huddlestone and Palacios preferred in the engine room instead.
Mostly down the fact that he was being managed by a clown like Redknapp to be honest.

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
He's a Dennis Rodman parody; him and his gimp Lingard are the two biggest morons in football. Keane got wound up by Richardson turning up in a Bentley; can only imagine what he'd have done finding those two fecking about in the dressing room making unfunny videos, while languishing in 6th place and turning in substandard performances on a weekly basis.
You don't like black people. We get it, mate.

Borden

Mostly down the fact that he was being managed by a clown like Redknapp to be honest.
Modric was inconsistent at Spurs, though very good at his best. He certainly wasn't considered to be the world-beater he is now, and he took a while to get going at Real too. Just goes to show how quickly things can change. (Probably didn't hurt that he played in a team with Benzema, Ronaldo and Bale/Isco ahead of him, and with Kroos and Casemiro as his midfield partners, which is quite a gap in quality from what Pogba plays with).

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Modric was inconsistent at Spurs, though very good at his best. He certainly wasn't considered to be the world-beater he is now, and he took a while to get going at Real too. Just goes to show how quickly things can change. (Probably didn't hurt that he played in a team with Benzema, Ronaldo and Bale/Isco ahead of him, and with Kroos and Casemiro as his midfield partners, which is quite a gap in quality from what Pogba plays with).
I watched every match Modric played for Spurs and he was a class act, head and shoulders above anyone else in the squad.

Art

Art the artist
Too many conclusions being drawn at the back of that game. He'll be head and shoulders above everyone else in the pitch on most weeks for us.

Womp

idiot
He was underwhelming last season given his ability (he was still very good for the majority of the season imo), but I think we'll see more from him this season.

Given his previous comments it's obvious Jose is looking to build the team around him and get the best out of him. Hopefully with time to gel, Matic will allow him to do that.

He was playing within himself at times last season and I think that could have been to do with the fact that we had very little cover in the team.

XdanielredX

Very underwhelming last season.

Understandable however, many reasons were touted around last season... Being his first season, most expensive player, Mous first season etc a lot of different factors.

There's not really any of these excuses people will have for him this season.. It's no longer his first season and he should have settled a little more now, he's no longer the most expensive player with the eyes of the world lazered in, Mourinho has been here for a whole season now and has much more of a grip on the team and a mold in place.

So it's a very big season I think for Pogba, hopefully he excels!

prtk0811

I watched every match Modric played for Spurs and he was a class act, head and shoulders above anyone else in the squad.
SIr alex had compared modric to scholes like, he is small in strature but have a great stamina and midfeild control, passing vision almost everything.

prtk0811

Too many conclusions being drawn at the back of that game. He'll be head and shoulders above everyone else in the pitch on most weeks for us.
What's pogba's weaknesses are is his ability to take control of the midfeild in big games , because he lacks that intelligence and ability to win the first and second balls most of the time which is crucial for controlling games at the middle of the park against top players, also when pressed high pogba tries too much and looses posession instead of passing the ball safe with inteligence.

rtr

Pogba would be so much better if he was just taught to limit himself to strictly useful functions on the pitch...

I'm of the opinion that his showboating is, quite frankly, useless. I also suspect that's where part of his enthusiasm for the game comes from, though, so maybe it's not entirely pointless...

prtk0811

Pogba would be so much better if he was just taught to limit himself to strictly useful functions on the pitch...

I'm of the opinion that his showboating is, quite frankly, useless. I also suspect that's where part of his enthusiasm for the game comes from, though, so maybe it's not entirely pointless...
He lacks general inteligence for high pressure games and high pressure tactics. He is not in control of the midfeild because others win the first and second balls much better than him in the duels and his abiity to mkae decisions in high press in bal circulation is not top level inteligence.

shield

Really hoping he starts taking control of the midfield. He always seems to need someone else to do the actual controlling work even though his is very skilled. No Herrera today, Matic is mostly there to do the defensive duties so he will have to the bulk of the midfield work.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I don't think he's been particularly great tbh. He's been great in patches, but also frustrating. Always holds onto it too long.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I don't think he's been particularly great tbh. He's been great in patches, but also frustrating. Always holds onto it too long.
There's definitely an element of that but I do think he's played really well so far.

Robbie Boy

Brilliant first half. The Pogba hate brigade won't be able to make an appearance in here today.

IhabX7

Excellent. Looks to want to be in the assist/goal stats though. This could make his decision making look questionable. But I'm all for it if it gets him going.

meamth

Jeez, not every play must be a first touch play. Pogba holds the ball really well today. Appreciate the flair man, be grateful we have such an entertaining midfielder.

Art

Art the artist
Pogba gets fouled on and never given any free kicks more than any other player. Ridiculous.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
and yet we look better as a team
For sure. Just saying it might be a bit strange for him because the angles are different on that side, and he's been used to playing in the left-sided pocket in CM. Still playing very decently though.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He'll always be a Giggs type that divides opinion. Those frustrated easily by individualism will always find him annoying no matter how good he is. He's very clearly a moments player. When he produces moments that no-one else can then I can easily forgive the brainless, selfish moments.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He still makes far too much stupid moves after some brilliant ones.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Equally brilliant as he was frustrating. Seems as though he is still searching for his role in the team.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's the risky moments of genius that we need in our team though, we saw last year how toothless we looked without him.
There are risky moments and there is him holding the ball for too long when simple pass would do a lot.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Entertaining half from Pogba. I really hope he can keep this level of performance up, while hopefully one of the others gets on the end of something and puts it away.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
He's such a brilliant player, that pass for Mata was amazing

TsuWave

He's a genius, in a team that has its shit together he'd rack up so many assists

Status
Not open for further replies.