Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

When he moved here it was obvious that we are a stepping stone to his eventual move to either Barca/Madrid. All this talk about how he loves Manchester and how he feels at home is a joke, regardless if we become a force again or not he'll be moving in in the next few years.

Aarron Swift

When he moved here it was obvious that we are a stepping stone to his eventual move to either Barca/Madrid. All this talk about how he loves Manchester and how he feels at home is a joke, regardless if we become a force again or not he'll be moving in in the next few years.
Completely agree, I feel whether he’s happy or not, playing amazingly or poorly, not matter how much Pogba acts like he loves the club the second Real or Barca make serious moves to sign him, he’ll tell United he wants to move, hand in a transfer request, down tools etc. I can’t see him being a player like Hazard who clearly wants to go Real but hasn’t caused any trouble at Chelsea over it & kept up his performance levels

I don't know if the interview is true. But I agree with him. He'll be in his prime in 2-3 years and if we don't improve, he'll move.

I can't see him end his career without at least 1 CL and right now it's impossible with Manchester United.

And honestly if the club backed Pogba against Mourinho, they would have fired Mourinho in january 2018 not in december.

So it's not like he's our talisman nor our captain so without the hope of winning a lot of titles, he could easily leave the club. ..
Oh,I agree.
I never saw Pogba as a player who will play out his career here. I see him in the same light as Ronaldo,who gave us good service.

Also,had Barca not made a early move for De Jong I wouldn't have ruled them out of making a move for Pogba in the upcoming summer transfer window.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why do people take everything they read as gospel?

The Spanish papers have probably twisted his words.

I'm sure as long as we are competitive Paul will be happy to stay. If we aren't he is within his rights to leave. It's up to us to stop that happening.

Bwuk

Tbh unless we improve you couldn't really blame Pogba if he wanted to go to Barca or Madrid. Madrid have been shocking this year, but the two of them are still sadly currently an upgrade on this United side.

Canagel

Pogba isn't going anywhere. The team will be built around him and he will be here for many years to come - hopefully winning all the trophies .

Last edited:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
If his ultimate goal was to go to Barca/Real, why would he have come here in the first place? They already wanted him then, and all coming here does is make it harder for that move to happen. And now, at a time that Real are going to have to spend big to rebuild their ageing midfield, it's rumoured he's looking to sign a new contract here. If he wanted to leave it'd be the perfect time to run down his contract so he could force that move to happen.

If we can't give him the platform to win that he does deserve, I expect he probably will leave in a couple of years. But if we do get back to the top I don't see him going anywhere. I could be wrong, but there's more 'evidence' leaning that way than the opposite.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He should go now if he wants to protect his career, I say. He should pack his bags, chuck them in the back of his free Chevrolet Equinox, and drive to Madrid to force a move. We've been despoiling him of his glory for too long.

Rafeeq RSA

A big game from this lad and we're into the next round.

Last edited by a moderator:

Posh Red

Isn’t he currently negotiating a potential new contract? Hardly surprising that his family are putting pressure out in the press do give him the upper hand

Jib

With Lukaku and Sanchez in front or him, I don't expect him to be good tonight...

I hope I'm wrong...

FujiVice

Besides De Gea, this is hardly a weak side (and Romero is hardly shite). Shows what depth we have. If Lukaku and Sanchez play the way we know they can, we could still go out there and twat them.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
With Lukaku and Sanchez in front or him, I don't expect him to be good tonight...

I hope I'm wrong...
Strange when Pogba worked fine with Lukaku last season, and Sanchez has shown his best work with Pogba (and Mata) in the team. Must be getting the excuses in early. Pogba doesn't need excuses, he regularly puts in performances against top teams, he was very good at the Emirates last season.

Jib

Strange when Pogba worked fine with Lukaku last season, and Sanchez has shown his best work with Pogba (and Mata) in the team. Must be getting the excuses in early. Pogba doesn't need excuses, he regularly puts in performances against top teams, he was very good at the Emirates last season.
He was great against Arsenal because Sanchez wasn't a Manchester United player at that moment...
And Pogba at his best is with fast player like Mbappé, Rashford, Martial in front of him.
I don't remember a great game from Pogba with Sanchez in front of him since january 2018 exept the second half against City...
But again, I hope I'm wrong and maybe with Ole, Sanchez will start to run...

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He was great against Arsenal because Sanchez wasn't a Manchester United player at that moment...
And Pogba at his best is with fast player like Mbappé, Rashford, Martial in front of him.
I don't remember a great game from Pogba with Sanchez in front of him since january 2018 exept the second half against City...
But again, I hope I'm wrong and maybe with Ole, Sanchez will start to run...
Strange to pin point one forward as the reason for Pogba to not have a good game. What about the 10 other players that he played with last season? I find it rather ludicrous to even suggest a thing, we'd have bought a dud if he becomes average with just one new player.

Jib

Strange to pin point one forward as the reason for Pogba to not have a good game. What about the 10 other players that he played with last season? I find it rather ludicrous to even suggest a thing, we'd have bought a dud if he becomes average with just one new player.
strange to not understand that Pogba is a player who need a lot of freedom and movement in front of him to be at his best.

we are in 2019 not in 2014 when we stupidly tought that he was a midfield general...

Last edited:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
strange to not understand that Pogba is a player who need a lot of freedom and movement in front of him to be at his best.

we are in 2019 not in 2014 when we tought that he was a midfield general...
:lol:

Pogba didn't have freedom or attacking movement under evil Mourinho and he was still our best midfielder. I swear the excuses for this guy are ridiculous. Pogba is a top player and has shown his quality. If Pogba turns to shite with a few changes then I'd be worried, luckily that doesnt happen.

Last season at the emirates our forward line was Martial, Lukaku, Lingard. Considering Martial is a statue off the ball there isn't much difference between today and last season. Pogba and Lingard were our best players last season, he'll be fine.

Jib

:lol:

Pogba didn't have freedom or attacking movement under evil Mourinho and he was still our best midfielder. I swear the excuses for this guy are ridiculous. Pogba is a top player and has shown his quality. If Pogba turns to shite with a few changes then I'd be worried, luckily that doesnt happen.

Last season at the emirates our forward line was Martial, Lukaku, Lingard. Considering Martial is a statue off the ball there isn't much difference between today and last season. Pogba and Lingard were our best players last season, he'll be fine.
Ask Jardim and Ole if Martial is a statue off the ball.. ask Chiellini and Bonucci too, he made a lot of runs against them in CL for example...

But Sanchez doesn't or when he runs, it's to start dropping deep and ask the ball at his feet...

Not good and a poison for Pogba, Martial...and Manchester United.

worst signing ever

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Ask Jardim and Ole if Martial is a statue off the ball.. ask Chiellini and Bonucci too, he made a lot of runs against them in CL for example...

But Sanchez doesn't or when he runs, it's to start dropping deep and ask the ball at his feet...

that why he isn't our worst player since he signed here. Not good and a poison for Pogba.
Yeah, the guy with one of the lowest distance ran and sprints made has great off the ball movement. You must be having a laugh. Martial is extremely lazy off the ball, and that is why he never gets a go as a striker. Rashford has far superior movement to him, so does Lingard.

Jib

Yeah, the guy with one of the lowest distance ran and sprints made has great off the ball movement. You must be having a laugh. Martial is extremely lazy off the ball, and that is why he never gets a go as a striker. Rashford has far superior movement to him, so does Lingard.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/lazy-manchester-united-running-stats-8867582

but the problem is Martial... he showed with Jardim and now with Ole that he's good off the ball too...
The problems were Mourinho and Sanchez, now Mourinho is gone but Sanchez is still here... this guy is lazy, even Wenger was sick of him because he doesn't run ffs

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Poor decision making at times, especially in the first half, but very classy in the closing period.

el3mel

Poor game, that counter was magnificent though. That's a reason for keeping him as he can influence things even on his dreadful days.

I am not Steve Coppell

Paul Pogba world class 2nd half he is setting the foundations as being United's best ever all round midfielder. Watch this space.

Bobski

Arsenal could not deal with his running power, and in a game they allowed to become so open, with so much space through midfield, that was never likely to end well.

Quiet first half, dominated the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.