g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Paul Pogba image 6

Paul Pogba France flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronRedDevil

Ronaldo said the same thing and then he left! Plus imagine losing De Gea and pogba to real Madrid in 1 summer. United would be rich as hell to buy anyone but damn, what a lost.

RedDevil@84

Think I could live with "Only God knows". Don't really expect any big name be it him or De Gea to start coming out with emotional love poems for us. In the end it is all about glory and money. Fair enough!!

LARulz

I can't recall an interview he's done where he hasn't been a bit too truthful - after a game or just in general like this.

I am not too worried about him leaving as I don't think he will for at least another year. Madrid are gearing up for a massive spending spree but no chance they get even 2 of the 5: him, Hazard, De Gea and Mbappe/Neymar

kps88

He's been around long enough to know those comments are going to make headlines all over so I'm not sure what he's playing at. Probably wants a new contract.

van Nistelrooy

Flirting with Real Madrid in front of us all and there are actually people who think he should be captain of our club.

Shameful.

minoo-utd

Fecker. How I hate when we have a player flirting with another club in public. He lost all my respect.

Vfc_brato

Supports
FK Velež
Never said a single bad thing about him, but this is it, i would let him go, i wish for that, his ego is on a different level. Manchester United is a big club, there were a lot of great players/legends and non of them never spoke that it would be a dream to play for another manager/club. His words are sending a bad picture to Uniteds academy players, sometimes he is our captain/vice captain. Mourinho no matter how much some hate him was 100%right, he is a virus, he is a child full of complexes. I wish him all the best till he plays for us, after that i hope he never ever wins anything and realize what a waste of a talent he is because of his childish mind. He has everything at United, he could achieve great things, his salary is big .. and still not enough? There is no more loyality in football, shame.

RedDevil@84

He's been around long enough to know those comments are going to make headlines all over so I'm not sure what he's playing at. Probably wants a new contract.
Doesn't he have something to say every international break.
Probably his agent has advised him to start making some sounds to get going.

ash_86

Remember how long has Hazard been flaunting with Madrid? It's not like he says this and get signed with them tomorrow. They have to pay a huge fecking price and i don't think Real can afford that this window. Let's see what happens next year.

Walters_19_MuFc

I fecking hate his interviews. Its almost as if we're a fecking stepping stone. We're just as, if not, bigger than Real Madrid.

If he's not commited to the club, then he can feck off. Had enough of the shite interviews.

Canagel

left out the "I'm happy" part to generate extra fuss. how very convenient.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He didn’t just randomly say it, he’s asked about Madrid directly and Zidane.

He didn’t say yes and he didn’t say no, just keeping his options open. Every player does that.

lsd

The Oracle
He didn’t just randomly say it, he’s asked about Madrid directly and Zidane.

He didn’t say yes and he didn’t say no, just keeping his options open. Every player does that.

Exactly I don't get how people lose their minds over things like .

Players are asked these questions by the media and can only give the same answer .

It means nothing

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Seriously some people and their obsession with player loyalty. Modern players will stay as long as you are working towards what they want. For most players they want major trophies and money.

The simple fact is that if we had our shite together there would be next to zero chance of Pogba leaving.

TheRedHearted

With people talking about how little money Madrid has to spend (or they don't have to do a marquee signing) how is that possible? Their net spending on players was so low, shouldn't they be able to get three big players this summer?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
With people talking about how little money Madrid has to spend (or they don't have to do a marquee signing) how is that possible? Their net spending on players was so low, shouldn't they be able to get three big players this summer?
Apparently they want to invest in the stadium and that is why they have been spending less. Maybe they will delay that and rebuild the team.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Only drama queens are those who pretend some acted like drama queens, because barely anyone acted like that. Some people are bit annoyed because he has talked about Real Madrid(rightfully so, he has no business talking about Real Madrid being United player, and especially with so many here pretending his heart is here), but that's about it.

But at least we know he is not here for good, so looking for his replacement in next few transfer windows won't be a bad idea.

Canagel

Only drama queens are those who pretend some acted like drama queens, because barely anyone acted like that. Some people are bit annoyed because he has talked about Real Madrid(rightfully so, he has no business talking about Real Madrid being United player, and especially with so many here pretending his heart is here), but that's about it.

But at least we know he is not here for good, so looking for his replacement in next few transfer windows won't be a bad idea.
The drama queens are the ones getting all vexed because he got asked about RM specifically and he keeps his option open. anyways half of you guys wanted him sold 6 months ago so why are you annoyed?

el3mel

For me him and Hazard are having the same vibe around them in their interviews. They don't mind staying in their clubs as it's now but once a a Spanish big club finally comes knocking on the door they'll want a move, maybe they'll even push for it.

If they don't want it from the get go they will simply tell the press "I want to stay here, I respect Madrid but that's my club and my desire is to stay here", but things like "I'm happy here but no one knows the future, Madrid is a great club" just means they want a move in the future if one of the Spanish clubs moved for them but they won't mind staying if no one makes an offer, simply keeping all options available.

Pogba will be even more problematic than Hazard if Madrid moves for him considering his fat agent.

Haddock

I fecking hate his interviews. Its almost as if we're a fecking stepping stone. We're just as, if not, bigger than Real Madrid.

If he's not commited to the club, then he can feck off. Had enough of the shite interviews.
We are no where as big as them in serious footballing nations. This myth has to end. They have always bought the biggest names in football and have 13 European cups. That means we'd have to win every year for a decade to just match them. Both Madrid and now Barca because of Messi and Ronaldinho are comfortably the two biggest clubs in football. They are the clubs nearly every continental or South American footballer wants to ultimately play for. This isn't even a debate. When is the last time you heard a Madrid player give an interview and say "my dream is to play for Manchester"?

Chillosophy

We are no where as big as them in serious footballing nations. This myth has to end. They have always bought the biggest names in football and have 13 European cups. That means we'd have to win every year for a decade to just match them. Both Madrid and now Barca because of Messi and Ronaldinho are comfortably the two biggest clubs in football. They are the clubs nearly every continental or South American footballer wants to ultimately play for. This isn't even a debate. When is the last time you heard a Madrid player give an interview and say "my dream is to play for Manchester"?
Sanchez said that exact thing :D albeit not a Real Madrid player but South american :)

Yakuza_devils

Ronaldo threatened to leave us a few times while playing for us. He was doing the same with Real Madrid threatening to leave them a few times and each time he got world record wages and bonuses. So we are not the only mega club that have our best player flirting with other club.

Pogba is from the same mould as Ronaldo. He was flirting with us and Real when he was with Juventus. To me they are looking for better terms in their contract. Their agents are Mendes and Raiola which is known for their greed. SAF used to say that Pogba has a bad agent and he is a shit bag. So you expect this to happen.

The most important thing for me is he perform on the field. This is modern football for you.

Kapardin

For me him and Hazard are having the same vibe around them in their interviews. They don't mind staying in their clubs as it's now but once a a Spanish big club finally comes knocking on the door they'll want a move, maybe they'll even push for it.

If they don't want it from the get go they will simply tell the press "I want to stay here, I respect Madrid but that's my club and my desire is to stay here", but things like "I'm happy here but no one knows the future, Madrid is a great club" just means they want a move in the future if one of the Spanish clubs moved for them but they won't mind staying if no one makes an offer, simply keeping all options available.

Pogba will be even more problematic than Hazard if Madrid moves for him considering his fat agent.
Very few players of the calibre of Hazard and Pogba will say that about United and Chelsea considering their current states. Both of us as yet cannot guarantee CL football and continued success at the top level --- even Chelsea, despite their league win being more recent than ours. Real for all their struggles will never accept such standards of decline as their fans won't allow it. And joining Real guarantees CL every season, plus a significantly higher chance of trophies, constant emphasis on beautiful attacking football and signing world class players, who can say no to that.

Only loyalty can tie such players down, and Pogba isn't loyal, though he does have an affection for the club. Hazard probably feels he has served Chelsea well to not being grudged a move now.

Keefy18

Very few players of the calibre of Hazard and Pogba will say that about United and Chelsea considering their current states. Both of us as yet cannot guarantee CL football and continued success at the top level --- even Chelsea, despite their league win being more recent than ours. Real for all their struggles will never accept such standards of decline as their fans won't allow it. And joining Real guarantees CL every season, plus a significantly higher chance of trophies, constant emphasis on beautiful attacking football and signing world class players, who can say no to that.

Only loyalty can tie such players down, and Pogba isn't loyal, though he does have an affection for the club. Hazard probably feels he has served Chelsea well to not being grudged a move now.
Pains me to say it but you are absolutely spot on.

There's this rhetoric going around about there being no loyalty in the game any more, was it ever there in reality? Clubs have no problem telling teenage players to sod off if they aren't good enough or selling players whenever they've declined. Why should players show loyalty when there is generally little to be found in return, when it is its generally short lived?

It's the nature of the beast, its a competitive sport and clubs should want the best and the best players should also want to be at the best clubs who win trophies. With ZZ back at Real its certainly an enticing prospect to go there and play with some of the worlds best players.

Real will get CL football again no doubt for next season and bounce back, we may not even have that to guarantee our best players like Martial, Pogba and De Gea.

Wilt

Classic Pogba, gets slated for having gone missing in the Wolves FA cup tie, so decides to deflect it with some shite Real Madrid story.

Without doubt a talented player, but unfortunately never fails to periodically disappoint. Those who’d like to build a team around this joker need to think again.

Keefy18

Classic Pogba, gets slated for having gone missing in the Wolves FA cup tie, so decides to deflect it with some shite Real Madrid story.

Without doubt a talented player, but unfortunately never fails to periodically disappoint. Those who’d like to build a team around this joker need to think again.
Easily our best out field player for quite some time. Yes he has dips in form but that is understandable. His returns to date are incredible when looked at. Folks were losing their minds over KDB last season and Pogba had better returns than him in a weaker team, performing worse and in a defensive set up.

Even at the start of this season he got off the mark well and was leading us and getting us points as much as he possibly could, pretty much right up to the point of that clown Jose dropping him he was delivering more often then not.

He's arguably been Oles best player so far, his form has dipped a bit with injuries to both Herrera and Matic but I can understand why. He's again dropped deeper for the sake of the team, with Periera being given more license to roam with Herrera out. When Herrera is back fully fit I'd imagine we'll see Pogba show up again.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Flirting with Real Madrid in front of us all and there are actually people who think he should be captain of our club.

Shameful.
This. He's not captain material. It's all fine if you have dreams of playing somewhere else but you don't have to announce it to the whole world - just do it professionally behind the scenes with the relevant people.

Status
Not open for further replies.