Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcow

Seriously some people and their obsession with player loyalty. Modern players will stay as long as you are working towards what they want. For most players they want major trophies and money.

The simple fact is that if we had our shite together there would be next to zero chance of Pogba leaving.
Been reading this forum for more than 10 years and finally got round to signing up
Loyalty part dont bother me but his lack of consistency in big games does, he is of very limited use when he is marked tightly or when teams park the bus as we have seen in recent games...he let us down against PSG, arsenal and wolves recently and dont recall him doing much against Southampton either.

I would struggle to think of more than 3 big games where he has excelled. I wouldn't lose any sleep if he left, there is too much of a circus with him and suspect ole is aware of that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ban

Could have just said I'm happy at United without for now and who knows after that part. Not to mention the part about Madrid. Nothing special but could have worded it differently.

cyberman

Could have just said I'm happy at United without for now and who knows after that part. Not to mention the part about Madrid. Nothing special but could have worded it differently.
Exactly. He doesn't even say it's his dream club, just a dream club for any player.
I'd put 3/4 of those super clubs in that bracket so it's not really that out of order...just unfortunate.

Ban

Exactly. He doesn't even say it's his dream club, just a dream club for any player.
I'd put 3/4 of those super clubs in that bracket so it's not really that out of order...just unfortunate.
Yeah its a dream for many players, I just don't want to hear it from an United player. Ander would never say a thing like that.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He could have also said "I dream to play there one day". The point is that there are a lot of things he could have said, he doesn't have to have the Utd fans on his conscience every single time. Most players aren't fans so we shouldn't expect them to act like one

Ban

He could have also said "I dream to play there one day". The point is that there are a lot of things he could have said, he doesn't have to have the Utd fans on his conscience every single time. Most players aren't fans so we shouldn't expect them to act like one
He should be smart enough not to say things like that cause it draws a lot of attention.

cyberman

Not at United though? United is a lot bigger than Bilbao.
But Bilbao was his boyhood club was it not? Or pretty close if that's a lower league side but Ander loved it at Bilbao and he still went down that road with a so called super club.
Ronaldo routinely talked about us at Madrid, Ramos as well during his saga. Even watering down the point a bit we have Naymar saying every top player has to have played in England at some point (obvious bullshit) but those comments doesn't mean they're looking for a move or put doubt in their status with their current club.
Paul may have been misguided in his comments but he loaded the interview with so much United love you could see he was trying to be diplomatic with the Spanish press. He should be more hard nosed at this stage of his career, especially if he isn't angling for a new contract but it is what it is.

Ban

But Bilbao was his boyhood club was it not? Or pretty close if that's a lower league side but Ander loved it at Bilbao and he still went down that road with a so called super club.
Ronaldo routinely talked about us at Madrid, Ramos as well during his saga. Even watering down the point a bit we have Naymar saying every top player has to have played in England at some point (obvious bullshit) but those comments doesn't mean they're looking for a move or put doubt in their status with their current club.
Paul may have been misguided in his comments but he loaded the interview with so much United love you could see he was trying to be diplomatic with the Spanish press. He should be more hard nosed at this stage of his career, especially if he isn't angling for a new contract but it is what it is.
Haven't seen the whole interview so maybe you're right. Although if we continue to stutter I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to leave tbh.

Trizy

Can't blame him or Dave wanting out. We're the laughing stock of Europe given the money we've spent and how we've spent it the last 5-6 years. What's even worse it's hard to see how we will ever be back among the best.

Wouldn't blame either of them leaving to Madrid but feck me do it on the quiet. No need to burn bridges on your way.

ash_86

This is Rioala to the T feeding him. Either he gets a fat contract here or gets his move. Either way Agent is getting paid!

tomaldinho1

It's just unnecessary in my eyes - Prime reason he shouldn't be captain.

When you're at United, everything you say gets blown up or twisted, so don't say anything stupid - like DDG is doing. It's fair enough if a player doesn't want to sign or wants out but deal with it professionally. I'm not saying Pogba wants out but he can easily dodge that question or just give a more sensible answer if he wants to.

predator

Youth NITK
He's keeping his options open. If it goes pear shaped for us next season he may go to Spain. Why wouldn't he After all? - he is too good a player not to be competing for European trophies. If he thinks Madrid have a better chance of offering him silverware than us then fair enough.

Ban

The thing is, you're dissecting this from a fan's POV and Pogba isn't a fan of Man United like many of us are so why would we expect him to act like one ?
Not being a fan doesn't mean he shouldn't think twice what to say sometimes.

SER19

The issue with pogba has been and continues to be consistency. He went through an incredible run of form after solskjaer came but with unbiased views

when was the last very good game he had? Wolves arsenal? No way
Psg- suspended, Southampton Palace - not really. Liverpool--no way.

These are long spells of patchy form you don't feel stacking up because of how good he is when he's good. He's only irreplaceable when he's on top level which doesn't happen often enough still.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

It really does annoy me that for such a big club we are the only ones who seem to struggle with this jizzing over Madrid thing. City players for example never ever do this. We should be immune from this nonsense but we’ve never been able to stop it.
It's "a dream for every kid" not "for everyone". Fecking goal is at it again.

Jib

The issue with pogba has been and continues to be consistency. He went through an incredible run of form after solskjaer came but with unbiased views

when was the last very good game he had? Wolves arsenal? No way
Psg- suspended, Southampton Palace - not really. Liverpool--no way.

These are long spells of patchy form you don't feel stacking up because of how good he is when he's good. He's only irreplaceable when he's on top level which doesn't happen often enough still.
Yeah he's shite if he doesn't put every game at least a 8/10 performance...

But at the end of the day, he's the leader of the NT that just won the world cup last summer and our only player that could start for the best clubs in the world ;)

Ban

Yeah he's shite if he doesn't put every game at least a 8/10 performance...

But at the end of the day, he's the leader of the NT that just won the world cup last summer and our only player that could start for the best clubs in the world ;)
Thats not what he said. He's inconsistent and it's a fact. What does the WC have to do with it and how many more times it will get mentioned.

Jib

Thats not what he said. He's inconsistent and it's a fact. What does the WC have to do with it and how many more times it will get mentioned.
He isn't perfect for sure. But he's still the leader of the NT that just won the world cup last summer and if we put Pogba on the market, his next destination is Barcelona or Real Madrid.

So maybe we should focus less on his supposed inconsistency and more on his qualities ;)

Last edited:

Stacks

There’s loads More quotes today

Waxing lyrical about ole & Rashford

Can’t link now but do a dig he’s clearly happy at united
Since when do captains talk of their dreams to play elsewhere? Captain is a long term role and if you have other aspirations then you are not fit for captaincy. Cracking player though

Jib

Since when do captains talk of their dreams to play elsewhere? Captain is a long term role and if you have other aspirations then you are not fit for captaincy. Cracking player though
Valencia is the captain, Young the VC.

minoo-utd

We need to take actions with cnuts like these lot, OGS should give him some strong words.
Never let him wear the captaincy. Fecking Virus. When you play for United you are not allowed to say that stupid DREAM thing playing for another club. Feck off Paul.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
On this particular matter, if we take our fan's specs off and see what he said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with what he said IMHO
But why would we take our fan specs off? He knows what he says will be heard by almost every United fan. He knows that United fans have had an incredibly frustrating 6 years.
This sort of stuff is just tiresome and a little disrespectful. He could say he "likes Zidane but..", but instead goes for "I'm happy at United but.." and knows full well it'll cause a stir from now until the end of summer.

Ban

He isn't a captain material. Thought so even before those comments. Agree about him being a cracking player of course.

Ban

But why would we take our fan specs off? He knows what he says will be heard by almost every United fan. He knows that United fans have had an incredibly frustrating 6 years.
This sort of stuff is just tiresome and a little disrespectful. He could say he "likes Zidane but..", but instead goes for "I'm happy at United but.." and knows full well it'll cause a stir from now until the end of summer.
Maybe I'm overreacting but his comments are not lot different than when Jose was at the club. There was a but then too.

Nickthepip

Fans are right to be annoyed by daft comments like this. Disrespectful to his club, team mates and supporters in my opinion.

All he needed to say is that he's happy at United, end of.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Because it would instantly make us less biased ? We need to realize that most players, we represent feck all in all seriousness.
Getting worked up over quotes like these is pointless. Makes us appear so insecure

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Probably worth noting that, apparently, he was answering a question on Eden Hazard being linked with Real Madrid, not on Pogba himself

*I say apparently because I've read that elsewhere a few times. I don't know for a fact. Perhaps someone could check?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Probably worth noting that, apparently, he was answering a question on Eden Hazard being linked with Real Madrid, not on Pogba himself

*I say apparently because I've read that elsewhere a few times. I don't know for a fact. Perhaps someone could check?
That would be a strange question to put to Pogba in the build up to a France game.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Because it would instantly make us less biased ? We need to realize that most players, we represent feck all in all seriousness.
Getting worked up over quotes like these is pointless. Makes us appear so insecure
I don't think it's bias to be a bit annoyed about a player at the club you support causing more frustrations personally though. It's far from the end of the world, but it's unnecessary.

Jib

At 44:40

Even if you don't speak french you can see that Hazard isn't mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.