Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

We are no where as big as them in serious footballing nations. This myth has to end. They have always bought the biggest names in football and have 13 European cups. That means we'd have to win every year for a decade to just match them. Both Madrid and now Barca because of Messi and Ronaldinho are comfortably the two biggest clubs in football. They are the clubs nearly every continental or South American footballer wants to ultimately play for. This isn't even a debate. When is the last time you heard a Madrid player give an interview and say "my dream is to play for Manchester"?
That's the thing, though, it doesn't happen very often, and shouldn't really happen, especially when at a club of a similar statue.

Yes, we hear a lot of foreign players saying they would love to play for Real and Barca, but those are players at so called smaller clubs, with the dream of playing for a bigger club. You equally have players saying the same about United, too.

We've not really had a player at Madrid saying they dream to playing for United, but Pogba didn't say that. Because of the size and history of the club, he said 'its a dream for every player'. He could have equally have said the same thing if he was at Madrid and referring to United because most players do dream of playing for United, whether you think so or not.

It's not the same thing but when there was talk that Ramos was leaving Madrid, Calderon said the only club he would move to is United.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33346087

edgar allan

Remember how long has Hazard been flaunting with Madrid? It's not like he says this and get signed with them tomorrow. They have to pay a huge fecking price and i don't think Real can afford that this window. Let's see what happens next year.
Yeah he's shite if he doesn't put every game at least a 8/10 performance...

But at the end of the day, he's the leader of the NT that just won the world cup last summer and our only player that could start for the best clubs in the world ;)
He said he has been very inconsistent many times over the last 2 years, I think that is a very fair comment. Lets see if he can demonstrate the commitment to match his talent in the big games till the end of the season

edgar allan

He isn't perfect for sure. But he's still the leader of the NT that just won the world cup last summer and if we put Pogba on the market, his next destination is Barcelona or Real Madrid.

So maybe we should focus less on his supposed inconsistency and more on his qualities ;)
Maybe Pogba could focus more on consistency and less on tarting after other clubs??

Champagne Football

Pogba will be looking at what Ramsey is on at Juve and thinking 'I left them to make more money elsewhere and now some dud at Juve is now on way more than me'..... Ed will have to start coming up with some big numbers to keep Pogba and Raiola happy

SER19

Yeah he's shite if he doesn't put every game at least a 8/10 performance...

But at the end of the day, he's the leader of the NT that just won the world cup last summer and our only player that could start for the best clubs in the world ;)
Think you replied to the wrong comment. I mean, you must have.

Keefy18

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Pogba's comments at all.

Are people forgetting that Keane openly courted Celtic his entire career? That he used interest from Bayern and other foreign teams to get a pay rise? Scholes openly talked about Oldham, hell Ronaldo stated from day 1 he would leave us for Real Madrid.

There is no real loyalty in football and that goes both ways, clubs with players and players with clubs.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
In isolation there might not be anything wrong with his comments but, when you think of his brothers comments in the past, Real's plans to spend big in the summer, it looks exactly like what it is.

''Don't forget about me over here.''

We're a stepping stone for him, his agent said as much himself, ''Three years in England, then Spain.''

Can you see the club going all out to challenge for the CL? I can't so he'll be off sooner rather than later.

As gutting as that is to say.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As good as Pogba has been since Solskjaer came in he's also been wildly inconsistent under Mourinho.
I'd like to see him realise his potential here and win titles with us, but if he wants to leave good luck to him, we'll move on and get somebody else.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Get the feck out of this club.
We need to take actions with cnuts like these lot, OGS should give him some strong words.
Never let him wear the captaincy. Fecking Virus. When you play for United you are not allowed to say that stupid DREAM thing playing for another club. Feck off Paul.
I am not the biggest fan of his comments, but Jesus :lol:

Are people forgetting that Keane openly courted Celtic his entire career? That he used interest from Bayern and other foreign teams to get a pay rise? Scholes openly talked about Oldham, hell Ronaldo stated from day 1 he would leave us for Real Madrid.
Aye, those two were really threatening.

Keefy18

Aye, those two were really threatening.
Well, Keane went on to play for Celtic didn't he. I did also mention he used Bayerns interest for his own gain. Plenty of players do it to instill fear to their current clubs.

Zoo

It’s standard for Pogba. Would love to get Griezmann, those 2 are best mates.

laughtersassassin

Pogba is stupidly good. For the third window running I beg we buy some great players for us to have and him to play with cause the current lot don't cut it.

Canagel

nothing surprising .he was making those passes for fun and Zlatan was messing up in their first year.

Balljy

That was superb. He was so obviously going for the strike, before spotting Griezmann

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
No matter how many times I’ve been to watch football, I still find it weird how different it looks in person, or from a camera phone in the crowd in this case. All the glitz is removed compared to the tv, and it’s just a regular bunch of blokes kicking a ball about.
In this case incredibly well. That was some move.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
No matter how many times I’ve been to watch football, I still find it weird how different it looks in person, or from a camera phone in the crowd in this case. All the glitz is removed compared to the tv, and it’s just a regular bunch of blokes kicking a ball about.
Indeed. As blasphemous as it sounds, I prefer footy on the box to the stadium. That’s how I grew up watching footy and that’s how it should look to me.

Canagel

I always prefer watching at home. you have a much better view and see what's going on very clearly.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That was superb. He was so obviously going for the strike, before spotting Griezmann
Nope, that was the "fake" to throw off the defence. He was always going to do that but pretending to shoot first makes the defenders forget about following their runners for a split second. It's exactly why he is a modern genius. If Messi did this we'd be seeing it all week on social media.

Red4Ever

Cork; home of Cantwell, Irwin, Keane and Vidic-wel
Since when do captains talk of their dreams to play elsewhere? Captain is a long term role and if you have other aspirations then you are not fit for captaincy. Cracking player though
Not sure what the captaincy has to do with it but this is common for european players. He is definitely staying
He & United need to have a good season next year though

deafepl

I knew Pogba is capable of controlling the games and discating the play. Watching him yesterday and think, he deffo can become one of the best passers in the world especially when he can unlock defence from deep with erase and played part in two goals.

Extortioon

Pogba performance with his country really show how poor Manchester United is with different average player.....

laughtersassassin

Love him. Our best outfield player by so much. This could be our last chance get some great players around him.

He can't wait around for us to compete forever.

Canagel

I knew Pogba is capable of controlling the games and discating the play. Watching him yesterday and think, he deffo can become one of the best passers in the world especially when he can unlock defence from deep with erase and played part in two goals.
his position really doesn't matter. 2 man midfield or 3 man midfield he can play each one to a high standard. obviously his goal and assist will be less in the deeper postion but his influece on the game is still the same. as long as the balance is correct in attack and players have freddom (which never happened in mourinhos reign) it doesn't matter. that he cant play without 2 DM next to him is the biggest myth here. he lead us to victory in that Newcastle game playing as 3rd CB almost!!

Jib

Go and buy his best mate Dybala and put Pogba in the 8 position he plays for France.

Rashford
Martial Dybala Lingard
Matic Pogba
Dybala is shite as number #10.
But Pogba as AM and Dybala in SS position were great in the 2015/2016 season for Juventus with Khedira and Marchisio behind them.

Don't understand CAF obsession with Pogba in a midfield 2. Mourinho lovers ?

deafepl

Go and buy his best mate Dybala and put Pogba in the 8 position he plays for France.

Rashford
Martial Dybala Lingard
Matic Pogba
I'd probably feel Griezmann is better for this than Dybala, he has goal scoring and can act as playmakers but also work hard. Get Modric/AM attacking type on the right flank with Pogba being the player that'll distribute balls freely and influence the team, there are not many CM in the world that can pull off striping/long pass ranges with the weak foot. Griezmann and Pogba have better chemistry links, their linkup is superior and amazing.

Martial and Rashford as inside forward but wide ahead of Griezmann in middle with Pogba providing creativity and lay balls for them on the plate.

sherrinford

Dybala is shite as number #10.
But Pogba as AM and Dybala in SS position were great in the 2015/2016 season for Juventus with Khedira and Marchisio behind them.

Don't understand CAF obsession with Pogba in a midfield 2. Mourinho lovers ?
Second striker. No.10... same position really, just depends on the style of player.

Most folk here have an obsession with Pogba in a midfield three, I would say. Some believe Pogba is capable of playing in the typical no.8 role in the standard three man midfield setup (a no.6, no.8 and no.10 - regardless of which configuration is used. He can do that job, as his performances for France attest to.

Status
Not open for further replies.