Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Some people were happy to sell him and have Mctominay in the team instead :lol:

predator

Youth NITK
You're only as good as your last penalty. Good game from him overall, although I do think he is capable of more and will show it throughout the season.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That run up has been his way of taking penalties since he was a youth player, and it's worked out for him most of his career, I can't remember him missing many penalties but it happens to every one once in a while. He'll put in the next one.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
No one else has passing technique like him. Amazing.
Eh, I think there are a few with just as good passing technique. Jorginho is the most recent I’ve seen but he doesn’t try ridiculous Hollywood passes all game just for the one the gets on a GIF in the player performance forum.

(I am becoming Souness-like in my dislike of Pogba. If he is staying at the club I am going to need some therapy)

I think Pogba was OK today but I thought Fellaini was our best midfielder.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Eh, I think there are a few with just as good passing technique. Jorginho is the most recent I’ve seen but he doesn’t try ridiculous Hollywood passes all game just for the one the gets on a GIF in the player performance forum.

(I am becoming Souness-like in my dislike of Pogba. If he is staying at the club I am going to need some therapy)

Yeah used to hate Scholes with his Hollywood passes.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

His technique isn't as good. Don't conflate range, pass selection, vision etc with it. Regardless of where the ball is, however awkward the height, or the pace on the ball, he seems to be able to execute his pass effortlessly.

westmeath

His technique isn't as good. Don't conflate range, pass selection, vision etc with it. Regardless of where the ball is, however awkward the height, or the pace on the ball, he seems to be able to execute his pass effortlessly.
Are you sure you’re OK?

PP usually gives the ball to the opposition or puts it in touch.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
:lol: Only Pogba can have 3 bad games in Group stage when he played in only 2 games.
And no mention of the Uruguay and Belgium games either, games in which he was very good too. I suppose when one is terribly biased, arguments have to be created out of nothing
It's not surprising.
:lol::lol::lol: State of people's agendas.
I have no agenda.
I am just speaking the truth.

An excellent world cup suggests he was amazing in every single game and led France by the hand to victory.

The truth is, he had 2 or 3 below average games, a very good game against Argentina, an horrific first half in the final and a very good second half.

In terms of an agenda, I think he's an absolute prick for the way he has behaved towards our club and he should pull the finger out, given his reputation. If that means I have an agenda, by all means label me as having one, as you indulge Liverpool supporters given it large on a Manchester United forum

I just don't have my head buried in the sand

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I have no agenda.
I am just speaking the truth.

An excellent world cup suggests he was amazing in every single game and led France by the hand to victory.

The truth is, he had 2 or 3 below average games, a very good game against Argentina, an horrific first half in the final and a very good second half.

In terms of an agenda, I think he's an absolute prick for the way he has behaved towards our club and he should pull the finger out, given his reputation. If that means I have an agenda, by all means label me one, as you indulge Liverpool supporters given it large on a Manchester United forum

I just don't have my head buried in the sand
No ffs, it doesn't suggest that at all :lol: Otherwise has had an excellent World Cup

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Some people were happy to sell him and have Mctominay in the team instead :lol:
Obviously whoever said that has exaggerated but there's been games where McTominay would've done better.
One game doesn't make up for the shite he's served up at some points.
He needs to crack on properly.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Are you sure you’re OK?

PP usually gives the ball to the opposition or puts it in touch.
If you aren't capable of having a conversation as an adult. Then don't bother.

James Peril

Scholes used to make most of his, PP is at about 20% this season I would guess.
Facts don’t care about your feelings and guesswork though, so why don’t you check the numbers and come back when you have them? Pogba is an expert at turning the play from one side to another, with both feet, and sometimes a missed long ball could be he consequence of limited options and bad runs. I’d rather see a long ball out of play than a midfielder losing possession under pressure when the other team has players waiting to run us over.

.Rossi

No ffs, it doesn't suggest that at all :lol: Otherwise has had an excellent World Cup
But he didn't...

An excellent World Cup suggests Ronaldo in 2002, Zidane pre final in 2006, Messi in 2014. He didn't hit any of those standards.
I think the guy is a dick but, love him as a player. Lately however, he's just taking the piss and disrespecting my club so my agenda against him is over that, not over his playing ability....Although, we rarely see that

You can post all the laughing smileys you want, whatever makes you sleep better. You can scoff at my point of view, argue against it, belittle it etc etc. I really don't care
If he played for Liverpool, you'd be one of many lining up to laugh at him and them

In the most respectful way, as you're a good guy and have been on here for a long time, thats my last piece on the subject.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
But he didn't...

An excellent World Cup suggests Ronaldo in 2002, Zidane pre final in 2006, Messi in 2014. He didn't hit any of those standards.
I think the guy is a dick but, love him as a player. Lately however, he's just taking the piss and disrespecting my club so my agenda against him is over that, not over his playing ability....Although, we rarely see that

You can post all the laughing smileys you want, whatever makes you sleep better. You can scoff at my point of view, argue against it, belittle it etc etc. I really don't care
If he played for Liverpool, you'd be one of many lining up to laugh at him and them

In the most respectful way, as you're a good guy and have been on here for a long time, thats my last piece on the subject.
Typo. I meant to say " no one has an excellent world cup".
Never said he had an excellent one but a very good one without a doubt

.Rossi

Typo. I meant to say " no one has an excellent world cup".
Never said he had an excellent one but a very good one without a doubt
Yes, he had a good world cup. I'm not disputing that. You can even check back through my posts during the WC, when I defended him and said he had some good moments during matches

I'm arguing against a bullshit statement made by another poster that he had an "excellent" world cup, when he didn't!

Personally, I want him gone. Any cnut who disrespects this club can get to f**k, regardless of how talented they supposedly are

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That run up has been his way of taking penalties since he was a youth player, and it's worked out for him most of his career, I can't remember him missing many penalties but it happens to every one once in a while. He'll put in the next one.
Has it? Dunno how his conversion rate compares to the best of the rest but the fact his bizarre approach to taking penalties has once got him fecking sent off does suggest he might be better off with a more conventional approach! Unfortunately Paul doesn’t seem like someone who learns lessons very easily.

reddaz71

Tbf Souness"s views on Pogba are actually gaining credibility,Pogba has been indulged with the armband and his body language is shocking for a captain,personally I would not be at all disappointed if Jose went with a midfield 3 of Matic,Fellaini and Fred against Watford,maybe just maybe Fergie was right about Pogba!

Ashley R1+O

Does he just not want goals? Beside the penalty which was poor, he was not too bad. But not the kind of powerful lever that you want driving a club of this size. I just don't know what is up with him, even when he burst through late on and it was him beating a man and then being two on one in the open field there was so much room to split and then cut the two men and he just fumbled the ball and fell over. A player who is desperate for a goal makes a bit more of that and you can see that in Lukaku's play. Worrying stuff really.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Loved the way he popped up in the space on the right from time to time.

Amazing he hasn't figured out to do that until now.

Eddy_JukeZ

Has it? Dunno how his conversion rate compares to the best of the rest but the fact his bizarre approach to taking penalties has once got him fecking sent off does suggest he might be better off with a more conventional approach! Unfortunately Paul doesn’t seem like someone who learns lessons very easily.
I don't recall him using this run-up when he took pens for us before.

This is something new.

I really hope he stops doing it.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
This thread is so shite. Pogba is expected to have Messi/Ronaldo levels of performance instead of judging him based on what he did in the game at face value.

He was solid all round, tracked back diligently, provided support on the flanks and created a few chances. Just a good performance.

DBT85

This is something new.

Therr are videos of him doing it when in yhe academy. It's not new. With that said, if you're going to have a run up that gains attention you should probably take better penalties than thst one today as it was awful.

Laurentiu amt

This thread is so shite. Pogba is expected to have Messi/Ronaldo levels of performance instead of judging him based on what he did in the game at face value.

He was solid all round, tracked back diligently, provided support on the flanks and created a few chances. Just a good performance.
You can t expect maturity on a forum tbh, not in 2018. They ll hit you with every argument they have, he earns too much, he cost us to much, he is overrated, he falls out with Jose, anything, absolutely anything just to bash the guy.

One of my m8es was comparing his situation with Messi s, but at a 180 degree angle, Messi is dogshit at national level in a dogshit team while being godlike in a godlike club team. Paul is the other way around.

I can t stand the fact he s a drama queen, but all of them are these days. But he s here 2 years already and a pattern can be seen, when the team plays decent and with drive, he s feking unplayable, when the team is just a bit shite, he turns to shite as well. Just look at today s game, his m8es were giving him the ball in some situations where you wouldn t give it not even to your biggest enemy. They were expecting him to come up with something.

Also look at what are our players doing when he receives the ball. The only one that had some timely runs was Shaw. (And romelu but that should be his bread and butter anyway)

They will also complain about him being different when he was at Juve. They re comparing a player that doesn t play in the same system, in the same position, in the same style with one that plays 2 matches on the left, 2 on the right under Jose(and never with that same back 4 or hell the same cm partners).

It s like complaining about Ronnie stopping his usual winger dribbles when going to Madrid.

For a technical player to play CM with some defensife attributes, he d need to start playing simple football, or more direct. Both things need good width and good upfront runs and overall movement. We don t have that, we won t have that until the summer so Paul will be shite until then.

Just because he does a few tricks and flicks he shouldn t be tasked with carrying utd on his back, Neymar can t do that at psg in a weaker league ffs.

He can improve a bit, but for him to carry our asses forward the players around him need to raise their level.

JK-27

I think it was poor form not to let Lukaku take the penalty for his hat-trick.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

This is something new.

It's not new at all. There are videos of him doing it in the youth teams, for France, or Juventus.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Must admit he looked much better when he plays on the wings. Strange. Not entirely up front like a winger but as a right/left midfielder.

Suedesi

Thought he played well today - kept it moving nad showed flashes of quality when needed.
Penalty was poor, but Messi/Ronaldo miss too

haram

Thought he played well, the run up for the pen is always gonna draw attention when he misses.

Sterling Archer

Thought he played well, the run up for the pen is always gonna draw attention when he misses.
I was more annoyed by how poorly he struck the penalty. Garbage attempt regardless of the run-up. But I don't think that run helps setup the shot that all.

Moonred

What are people cribbing about today? You can miss a penalty once in a while. Was good otherwise albeit against a shite Burnley.

westmeath

If you aren't capable of having a conversation as an adult. Then don't bother.
Well capable my friend, just genuinely concerned about the delusion levels among the pp fanboys.

Mr PG

People need to feck off. The media narrative has gotten into people’s heads here and constant moaning whatever he does. Was the same with Ronaldo till he left then everybody pretended how they always supported him.

AngliaRed

Wooooah, excuse me sir! You can’t talk utter sense like that around here!

Spot on though! Was solid all the park! Must be a nightmare to play against.

Status
Not open for further replies.