g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Paul Pogba image 6

Paul Pogba France flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The whole team is setup so that Pogba gets a touch on the ball as everything has to run through him and it slows us down heavily.
The whole team was set up for a volleyball game yesterday. And the amount of the first touch creative passes in the second half (that Lukaku, Rashford and Sanchez failed to capitalise on) surely contradict your "slows us down" argument.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
The whole team was set up for a volleyball game yesterday. And the amount of the first touch creative passes in the second half (that Lukaku, Rashford and Sanchez failed to capitalise on) surely contradict your "slows us down" argument.
I don't know. I think the play is very slow and its on Pogba as well as Fellaini and Matic at the centre. The other attackers have been horrible, no doubt about that. Is it really enough to attempt a few risky creative first touch passes? Is that the main criteria for measuring worth to the team? There was more than a few instances in particular that made me write that comment, when Pogba, winger, fullback just pass around the wing area without penetrating. It seems the wideplayers wait for him to come and do nothing instead of attacking the space that is there. While i don't blame Pogba for this tactic, he is the one that now plays the role of that player and as i said he isn't doing much with it. If people doesn't bother running and only looks for Pogba, he should produce more when he gets the ball. If not, what is the point to play this way? But it is somewhat unfair since he sees a lot of the ball when the rooms disappear. Attackers have no room to run into, spaces are closed down, Pogba dribbles his man and squeeze a ball into a tight area where Lukaku loses control and the ball gets cleared immediately. It isn't a good pattern of play even if Lukaku had the touch of an angel.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Is it really enough to attempt a few risky creative first touch passes? Is that the main criteria for measuring worth to the team?
You said that he was slowing up out game, when in fact he did the opposite. It was a comment on that and not on his general play (which was more than good enough yesterday though).

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
You said that he was slowing up out game, when in fact he did the opposite. It was a comment on that and not on his general play (which was more than good enough yesterday though).
I didn't say that tho. I said when everything has to run through him IT slows us down.

RedCurry

It's a bit strange that for a team that plays Fellaini and Matic in the midfield, the fans actually choose to blame Pogba for slowing the game. He's the only player in the team that can actually pass the ball with any type of precision and weight on the ball.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's a bit strange that for a team that plays Fellaini and Matic in the midfield, the fans actually choose to blame Pogba for slowing the game. He's the only player in the team that can actually pass the ball with any type of precision and weight on the ball.
Strange, but not surprising. There is a section of fans that just dislike the guy and will discredit him at every turn, even if it's devoid of fact or perception. Pogba is the only midfield player that can actually make this broken engine purr a little.

rollingstoned1

I’m comparing him to Milner because of the praise around Milner presently. Pretty sure that is explained in the post. Milner is being referred to as the best midfielder in the PL at the moment, when he isn’t better than Pogba. Even at the moment.
He isn't the best midfielder in the pl either. That's just....Stupid ?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I think i've cracked it. I forgot Mourinho and Pogba is now perceived as enemies. So since Mourinho is hated, suddenly Pogba is some sort of unsung hero that can't be criticised. We don't deserve him, we are shit, am i right?

el3mel

MOTM. Magnificent is a small word for him. Him and Martial are by far our best players.

Zoo

To use Jose’s description he was a monster in the second half. He and De Gea are our best players by a country mile.

Skills

Snitch
Our best player by a mile. Imagine him under a decent manager? Actually you don't need to just see his professional career outside of Mourinho.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Our best player by a mile. Imagine him under a decent manager? Actually you don't need to just see his professional career outside of Mourinho.
Oh just feck off for a minute, for feck's sake. What an annoying comment.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Fall very much into the Pogba hater camp but he was fantastic today.

El Zoido

MOTM. He was the only outfield player to come out of the first half with any credit and he set the tempo for the fightback in the second half.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
MotM, was all over the pitch and played his heart out. And people want to call him a diva or unprofessional. It's clear the relationship with Mourinho is not great, but there's a reason he's never had issues with other great coaches. He's a professional and is one of the few players on this team who can make something out of nothing.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Beast mode activated today. Incredible in the second half.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Brilliant, from a hater. Good job today. Man of the match.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Easily our best player. Showed his quality & leadership attributes.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Get a manager who can motivate him to play like this every game and we will be challenging for the league in no time.

Kearnkoff69

Man of the match tonight. Took the game by the scruff of the neck and swung the momentum our way. Immense performance.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Best player by a mile. He was on different level to every player on the pitch.

That assist was :drool:

Absolutely brilliant tonight. Levels above everyone on the pitch and showed why we need to build the team around him.

acnumber9

Superb performance and he’s been the one that’s been trying the most the last couple of weeks probably. He’s at least big enough to put any ill feeling aside for the team.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
When he's like that there's no stopping him, to me he's irreplaceable and we should move heaven and earth to him convince him to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.