Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He has the potential to be one of the greatest players to play the game and I only hope that happens here. Terrific player.

Canagel

He's such an all rounder that even dropping deeper doesn't affect his involvement in the game. He can do everything and play anywhere. I wouldn't mind playing a 3 at the back with Pogba in the middle spraying the passes around.

laughtersassassin

Absolutely brilliant. One of the few players undoubtedly good enough for Machester United. The problem is right now we aren't good enough for him and De Gea.

How people question his commitment is absurd to me.
He could have fed Jose to the wolves today when he asked him to play center back. But no he cracked on and was fecking everywhere.

I thought the same at the Valencia game. I was at that match and it really did feel like he was one of the few who even tries to attack at all.

If he goes I will understand why. Careers are only so long. Got to make the most of it.

This current United team would be at a loss without him.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He's great. Just stop with all the angst and he'll put the performances in.
Was impressed that despite all the shit between him and Mourinho, he still didn't stop trying.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Besides a couple of games, he's been outstanding so far this season. Shame the narrative will say otherwise.....some whopper on here said he was poor in the first half and didn't try....despite him always showing for the ball. Running into space. Non stop. But when you hate someone and the teams losing, I guess it's easy to jump on them regardless.

laughtersassassin

Most goal contributions of any player under Jose. From a cm that says a lot. One it shows our attack is poor and inconsistent. On the other hand, it shows how ridiculous he is. Players like Modric don't even put up half the numbers Paul does.

And yes I know Modric is one of the greatest CMs of this generation just using him as a comparison point.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Ho does take a lot of responsibilities on himself, especially when team stops playing football and he's forced to be a defender, winger and creative midfielder in one.

cyberman

They don't have the like of Pogba in midfield.
But he would have to facilitate Messi as the 10 so how far forward could he get?
Coutinho hasn't lived up to the billing for some of the same reasons.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
But he would have to facilitate Messi as the 10 so how far forward could he get?
Coutinho hasn't lived up to the billing for some of the same reasons.
Pogba could play deeper, and still racking up assist. He has a cracking shot from distance too, if the top area is a bit crowded.

cyberman

Pogba could play deeper, and still racking up assist. He has a cracking shot from distance too, if the top area is a bit crowded.
If Coutinho and Pogba are shooting from distance all day then Messi would be unhappy, Pogba would have to feed the front 4 while covering Messi atrocious work rate.
We could do this all day buddy!

RedStarUnited

The irony behind all the back and fourth between Him and Jose is that Pogba has generally been in fine form this season.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Daily mail have given Pogba and Lukaku same rating for today's game :wenger:

Walters_19_MuFc

Special player.

When we play at the kind of tempo he's used to and attack, he stands out.

For all the talk about he and Jose, he's been the player to step up when needed.

Super performance!

Fracture90

I’ve criticised him a lot but I’ve got nothing but good things to say about that performance. Put aside his hate for Jose to put in a proper performance.
How can you even believe in this bs is beyond me.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The irony behind all the back and fourth between Him and Jose is that Pogba has generally been in fine form this season.
Agree. This is one of the most frustrating arguments; I think Jose did well (for himself) to shift the public's opinion of Pogba's performances. Pogba's off-the-field antics didn't help, obviously.

Daily mail have given Pogba and Lukaku same rating for today's game :wenger:
:lol: What was the rating?

Devil may care

Played for the shirt like the hardcores love, he was the reason we got back into that game, he was behind everything and set the tempo and attitude for the team, shame he can't have that armband anymore......

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He was very business-like in his play, very straight to the point.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Agree. This is one of the most frustrating arguments; I think Jose did well (for himself) to shift the public's opinion of Pogba's performances. Pogba's off-the-field antics didn't help, obviously.

:lol: What was the rating?
6. Equally as poor a rating in each case

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Good game. As someone else said in another thread - took it by the scruff of the neck and actually played like it mattered.

What was the CB thing all about? One minute he was at the back in a back 3, the next he was in midfield with a 4 behind him, then he was in and around the opposition box the whole time whenever we were attacking. Very confusing.

Moonred

Good game. As someone else said in another thread - took it by the scruff of the neck and actually played like it mattered.

What was the CB thing all about? One minute he was at the back in a back 3, the next he was in midfield with a 4 behind him, then he was in and around the opposition box the whole time whenever we were attacking. Very confusing.
Basically thought he could do whatever the feck he wants against a low quality opposition and did it. Covered the whole pitch and was everywhere. Without him, we would be dithering and going through the motions.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Basically thought he could do whatever the feck he wants against a low quality opposition and did it. Covered the whole pitch and was everywhere. Without him, we would be dithering and going through the motions.
You reckon that's what it was? He seemed like he slotted right into a spot at the back from the kick off in the second half, which made me think it was Jose's doing.

Moonred

You reckon that's what it was? He seemed like he slotted right into a spot at the back from the kick off in the second half, which made me think it was Jose's doing.
No Jose definitely changed it around in the second half. Credit to him there. The he took it on himself to further take it by the scruff...

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Not sure why BT were banging on him playing in a back 3 second half. Not sure how many centre backs play ten yards in front of the rest and don’t try and join the line again. He was clearly a deep-lying playmaker, just slotting in on occassion when the move required it.

It was good to see him there as it was apparent against Valencia that it was needed. He kept having to drop back alongside Matic to get the ball and I suggested that he maybe needed to play there to drive us from deep with his range of passing.

Our best player without question.

KennyBurner

Pogba was enormous today. Clearly our best player by a mile. I hope he does realize that its because he was selfless and kept things simple. Not trying to showboat most of the time and actually doing his job as a midfielder. We need this kind of Pogba moving forward. Most of the time he plays like he is immature and that handicaps the team.

Today I love the fact that he got passes out to martial quickly which made martial more effective in isolating defenders. He did his job as a midfielder. We need more of this consistently especially now that we have yet to face any big boys. Chelsea next week is a tough fixture but Im trusting that this a wake up call for pogba. No unnecessary showboating and losing the ball while flailing his hands in the air. If pogba can put in a mature performance and mourinho gets his tactics right I believe we can actually beat them next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.