Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
The ‘consistency’ argument has become like the Smalling one, where every week the answer is ‘fair play, he actually played well today I must admit’. Like, literally 9 out of 10 games.

Smalling has been accidentally playing well every week for years. Some people just ‘can’t help but feel he’s always got a mistake in him though’. All while bizarrely feeling more secure with that clown Bailly. Pogba is similar. Jamie Redknapp and his cronies have pinned some sort of inconsistent tag on him, and it can’t be shaken. Every week is an exception, and if a game comes round where he doesn’t play well, that is the rule.
Exactly. It's hilarious how his last season is rewritten when he had good season, but somehow it became he had poor season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Exactly. It's hilarious how his last season is rewritten when he had good season, but somehow it became he had poor season.
Ultimately it’s the team around him I think. If we were top of the league, everyone would be saying how brilliantly he’s started the season.

If I made the claim that he’s been one of the best midfielders in the league this year, the neutrals, rival fans and ‘experts’ would laugh at me. But he has. It’s just the way football is analysed here. This is why I worry about him wanting to leave to a better team that would allow him to get better appreciation. If his exact performances, the good and bad, were extracted and put into the City side, he would be given so much more credit.

He’s the most irreplaceable player in the team. Far more than the goalkeeper. De Gea’s job is to save shots. We could find someone else to do that much easier than it would be to replace Pogba.

SoCross

We'd be fools if we let Pogba go. Our midfield without him is ordinary, after years of crying out for improvements in there, we finally have a world class player.

Loads of people here dont like and want him gone. If he doesnt score atleast one goal,has an assist and makes multiple runs past multiple opponents he gets a two at best... if he scores a hattrick they might give him a six.
I think alot of people dislike him not due to his football or hair cuts. Rather something else which I'm not gonna mention because it'll cause controversy. The ratings handed to him for the last couple of years on the Caf have quite frankly been pathetic...
That and the stupid hatred for his personna off the field and on social media. Some people are too fecked up to not separate the two, social activity matters when it has a direct on the football or Manchester United but other than that, he can do whatever he wants.
He's been good this season, his haters struggle to admit it but it's simply the truth
It's a shame he's not appreciated even when he's playing well. My average rating for him 7.0 which i think is reasonable, every game except Brighton his performances have been at least 7/10.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Sorry but that's objectively not an opinion, it's just wrong.
Does having an account on here make you worse at your job? This is a social media website after all, and by your logic being on social media makes you a worse professional.
Well, to be fair, its not about him having Instagram or not, but the criticism directed at him was based on the notion that he cared more about his own status and put himself ahead of the collective. I dont agree with this though, just had to point it out.

van Nistelrooy

Should be sold in January.

It disgusts me that someone can disrespect the club and their manager so much, yet still gets plaudits for doing the bare minimum.

Pogba doesn't give a damn about Man Utd. It's all about himself.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Took one for the team, tactical foul, booked.
Discipline mature performance this time.
It's been a while
Consistency is and will always be something that hangs over his head. No doubt he played a good game today. Let’s hope he can continue to show that kind of dedication, care, and desire every game.
If you look at the Leicester game and the Wolves game, his performance in both were similar, only he was the only one. Yesterday he was helped as all the players gave a performance second half and so the result was affected.

Individually Pogba has played really well in all but a couple of games. The consistency has been there, but the team hasn't performed with him until yesterday

Yeah he didn't care about Man Utd yesterday right....
Posts like that are best ignored @kouroux, with just 393 posts and an average team rating of 3.1... he's best avoided.

Some of his recent corkers:

On Rashford: "Danny Welbeck 2.0"
On our next manager: "Make Keane manager."
On Lingard: "Can't wait for the day when this brat leaves the club"

Pogba clearly cares about the club.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Well, to be fair, its not about him having Instagram or not, but the criticism directed at him was based on the notion that he cared more about his own status and put himself ahead of the collective. I dont agree with this though, just had to point it out.
I can understand that, however Slevs specifically pointed out that he takes issue with Pogba because of his ‘instadab’ and the like. So in this case it is about Instagram and social media.

el3mel

Watching his highlights again. This has to be his best ever performance for us, far better than any other good game he played. He looked absolutely everywhere, across the whole pitch from defense to attack. Absolute beast yesterday. He was well and truely our superstar yesterday.

More of this please every week.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Posts like that are best ignored @kouroux, with just 393 posts and an average team rating of 3.1... he's best avoided.

Some of his recent corkers:

On Rashford: "Danny Welbeck 2.0"
On our next manager: "Make Keane manager."
On Lingard: "Can't wait for the day when this brat leaves the club"

Pogba clearly cares about the club.
You are absolutely right. I will follow your sound advice

van Nistelrooy

Yeah he didn't care about Man Utd yesterday right....
What makes you think he did yesterday?

For all you and I know, Pogba was stepping up his game in the last 20 minutes in hope that Barcelona were watching.

There has been a lot of disrespect shown by him in recent times and I saw nothing yesterday which makes me feel he cares for Man Utd anymore.

Rafeeq RSA

Yip , because Barca don’t watch the first 70mins of games and base their recruitment off the last 20 mins of all games. Nail on head mate.

Crashoutcassius

Watching his highlights again. This has to be his best ever performance for us, far better than any other good game he played. He looked absolutely everywhere, across the whole pitch from defense to attack. Absolute beast yesterday. He was well and truely our superstar yesterday.

Agreed. Played at the level or maybe above the level we should expect from him. Looked like he wanted it on top of looking confident and relaxed on the ball

For all of the drama surrounding Pogba I think he's had two of his overall best ever games for us this year ,first being at home to Leicester on the opening day and now yesterday.
In-between those games he's been good to awful.

Shiva87

This is what we want from him :drool:
What a brilliant game he had (including the first half) Makes all the talk about how he is egoistic and has thrown in the towel in his fight with Jose look like such rubbish. Shows how good a professional he is to put in that performance after being publicly stripped off vice-captaincy!

SirAF

Ageist
What a brilliant game he had (including the first half) Makes all the talk about how he is egoistic and has thrown in the towel in his fight with Jose look like such rubbish. Shows how good a professional he is to put in that performance after being publicly stripped off vice-captaincy!
Absolutely.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Excellent in that second half

Agree, kept it simple, good movement, quality on the ball and just looked like he was bothered for once.

Aloysius's Back 3

Pogba's good performance yesterday was due to the team as a whole being more spread out across the pitch. This allowed him space to dictate play as being the man that was everywhere & could pass the ball everywhere.

The attackers were attacking, there were more players coming in centrally like martial,&mata to assist him whilst it was our fullbacks & occasionally Lukaku that would provide us width.

All of this made Pogba's ability to be useful to the team much better.

He was a player yesterday that you could see was adapting his game to what United needed - helping out in defence & helping out in attack. He with the rest of the team are like robots doing defensive work normally due tp our tactics.

Shiva87

Excellent in that second half

Agree, kept it simple, good movement, quality on the ball and just looked like he was bothered for once.
Please watch his clips for all of his games this season. Apart from Brighton - where he was utterly rubbish, he has been performing quite well this season. He has been the only one who looks like he cares about the results. Unfair to level that criticism at him.

Moonred

For all you and I know, Pogba was stepping up his game in the last 20 minutes in hope that Barcelona were watching.

There has been a lot of disrespect shown by him in recent times and I saw nothing yesterday which makes me feel he cares for Man Utd anymore.
Whatever it is, doesn’t mean we sell him and replace with a dud that gets the club more. Might as well give you a contract. And you and I don’t really know the details do we? apart from what is fed to us. He dislikes Mourinho, and gave it to him.

Last edited:

ZenMaster Coltrane

So tiresome...just exit the thread. You're the guy who gets sent home immediately from jury duty because of bias and irrationality. Guy wants to win at everything he does right down to FIFA. That's all you can ask for from a professional footballer. The manager's responsibility is to put the players in the best situation to perform. JM has utterly failed with tactics, team selection and development. Pogba in some absurd back 3 because he's going to the mat for out-of-his-depth McTominay? Hard fail.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

There is nothing to say to the madness you're displaying man. I'm actually lost for words :lol::lol:
You convince yourself of things you cannot know. Special kinda bias this

redshaw

Yeah he was great yesterday. Probably the strongest player after all that's gone on or supposed to have gone on. Even in the first half I could tell he cared. Would be a shame if we lose such a top talent but if we can't make it work then he is better off elsewhere.

What also helps is more players going forward, this is also true for other players like Sanchez and Martial.

We really need to give the opposition more to think about. For a few years now we don't push forward enough, we expect Martial, Depay, Sanchez, Rashford to beat players and put it on a dime or curl it in the top corner. The crowd get frustrated when they get blocked, tackled or make a mistake. Too often we can't find a way through, they mop up everything. We need more players to occupy the defenders to give space and stretch teams, then the creativity will come and more chances. Everything is on a knife edge the way we've been playing in the last 4-5 years. There's a lot of pressure for results and league postilions since Fergie left, I can understand what the new managers face.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Consistently creating at least 4-5goalacoring opportunities every game. We should get him some decent managers who can maximize his potential, he can easil have 1point per game till the end of his career if we hire someone who understand how to play modern football and doesnt put McT to midfield/CB, rely on fellaini etc. feel sorry for Paul in this, nevertheless the end is coming and he’s working hard even in tbe bad times, showing good character which is great to see. Can’t wait for a new manager as then we will see the real pogba. Both him and Martial were amazing last 20minutes, truly world class plywrs wanting to won the game

van Nistelrooy

So tiresome...just exist the thread. You're the guy who gets sent home immediately from jury duty because of bias and irrationality. Guy wants to win at everything he does right down to FIFA. That's all you can ask for from a professional footballer. The manager's responsibility is to put the players in the best situation to perform. JM has utterly failed with tactics, team selection and development. Pogba in some absurd back 3 because he's going to the mat for out-of-his-depth McTominay? Hard fail.
Exist the thread?

Sorry, I only speak English.

Marcelinho87

Which would be pretty idiotic. Why would any club be interested in a player who only turns it on for 20 minutes.

He cares, and yesterday he showed it by taking the game by the scruff of the neck and dragging us over the finish line.

Sometimes he may come across as lazy or whatever but he is a class football player.

Also this disrespect you mention? Have you seen it first hand or just whatever is reported to you via the shitty red tops?

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’ve been very critical of him on here but yesterday he was excellent, even in the first half. The lack of movement ahead of him at times was breathtaking and so it looked like he was sometimes taking too much out of the ball.

He controlled the second half completely. During the 5 minutes of injury time he seemed to be constantly on the ball never giving the opposition a sniff.

His play in the build up to Martial’s goal was unbelievable, header, run, backheel ... sublime.

youmeletsfly

I’ve been very critical of him on here but yesterday he was excellent, even in the first half. The lack of movement ahead of him at times was breathtaking and so it looked like he was sometimes taking too much out of the ball.

He controlled the second half completely. During the 5 minutes of injury time he seemed to be constantly on the ball never giving the opposition a sniff.

His play in the build up to Martial’s goal was unbelievable, header, run, backheel ... sublime.
Yes but he "disrespected" the club, as if he's the only one who ever did that.

He is doing more than okay this season and really giving his best.

But people living in the past will never understand it, like they can't understand that the old romantic Utd is gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.