Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

Pogba does switch off at bad times but I do think his general concentration and engagement levels have improved this year. Switching off for moments is certainly better than the 20 min/30 min/ full half spells he has shown in his first 2 seasons back at Utd.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Thing is you can clearly see him telling Lindelöf something when he sees Luiz coming, most likely to switch. Is it really easier to say he was arguing with Lindelof afterwards over nothing? They were discussing the miscommunication. Rudiger said as much in the interview and he was actually there when it happened
So Rüdiger said that he wasn't followed by anybody for the goal due to Pogba-Lindelöf miscommunication? Fair enough, haven't heard his interview. If that's the case then I stand corrected.

Greck

So Rüdiger said that he wasn't followed by anybody for the goal due to Pogba-Lindelöf miscommunication? Fair enough, haven't heard his interview. If that's the case then I stand corrected.
He says Lindelof stayed with Luiz and it opened up the chance. Can't give you the word for word interview but I know he said that much.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I know it's not a popular opinion but he really isn't a good enough midfield player for a team that wants to win the premier league.
He costs so many goals with silly errors, and I'd argue he's not nearly as talented as he's made out.
He's a good player don't get me wrong, but his passing and dribbling is wildly inconsistent, and I wouldn't miss him if he was to leave.

I know it's not a popular opinion but he really isn't a good enough midfield player for a team that wants to win the premier league.
Hmm... but he was good enough to win 4 Serie A titles and the World Cup. :confused:
Are you honestly telling me that City wouldn’t have won the league last season or stand a chance this season if they had Pogba in midfield @Dec9003 ?

Dec9003

Hmm... but he was good enough to win Serie A and the World Cup.
Are you honestly telling me that City wouldn’t have won the league last season or stand a chance this season if they had Pogba in midfield @Dec9003 ?
The serie A and the premier league are so much different though aren't they.
The World Cup is In a sense as well.
In my opinion, if you took out KDB and put Pogba In then I think city may have not won the league no.
Obviously they were miles ahead of everyone else though so they could perhaps have Pogba in and be fine.
He just doesn't offer enough, he doesn't move the ball quickly enough and he doesn't have the tactical mindset to thrive under a manager like Pep.
He's a good footballer, but a bang average midfielder.

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
He sometimes goes into this super saiyan mode where he looks faster, sharper, passes the ball better and has these tricks and turns. Problem is he can't always play like this, as though it's a secret power he can only activate temporarily.

Roboc7

He played well in second half, we are a completely different team when he plays well. Shouldnt have switched off for the goal and not involved enough in the first half though.

Moonred

He costs so many goals with silly errors, and I'd argue he's not nearly as talented as he's made out.
He's a good player don't get me wrong, but his passing and dribbling is wildly inconsistent, and I wouldn't miss him if he was to leave.
What a bizarre post. His passing ability is beyond world class. The way he opens up the game multiple times for our players tells you that he indeed is what it takes to win matches against good opposition. His criticism is about his lapse in concentration etc etc that seems to always bite us as we aren’t strong enough to cover for any mistakes.

The serie A and the premier league are so much different though aren't they.
Not really, they are two top European football leagues. Hardly Rugby league v union.

And you know you’re talking absolutely bollox when Danny Drinkwater has won the league as a CM, as has Thiago, De Jong and a bunch of other players not fit to lace Pogba’s boots.

Your comment is hyperbolic nonsense and you know it.

Dec9003

Your comment is hyperbolic nonsense and you know it.
I was quite happy to have a friendly debate with you, but it doesn't seem like I will get one.
I just don't think he's as good as he's made out to be on this forum, fwiw a lot of the people I speak to in real life seem to agree with me, I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Canagel

I was quite happy to have a friendly debate with you, but it doesn't seem like I will get one.
I just don't think he's as good as he's made out to be on this forum, fwiw a lot of the people I speak to in real life seem to agree with me, I'm not the only one who thinks this.
He's good enough to win the PL. More than good enough.

I just don't think he's as good as he's made out to be on this forum.
Which is a totally fine opinion, not gonna knock you for that.

But “not good enough to win a PL” is the biggest load of hyperbolic bullshit I’ve ever heard, Wes Morgan, Henning Berg, Jamie Vardy and dozens of other players have won PLs playing week in week out.

Dec9003

He's good enough to win the PL. More than good enough.
I hope so! Time will tell of course but I don't see it at the moment. Being a good (albeit slow) passer of the ball doesn't make up for all his drawbacks.

Dec9003

Which is a totally fine opinion, not gonna knock you for that.

But “not good enough to win a PL” is the biggest load of hyperbolic bullshit I’ve ever heard, Wes Morgan, Henning Berg, Jamie Vardy and dozens of other players have won PLs playing week in week out.
I don't think it's hyperbolic at all,
A midfielder who doesn't know when to play it safe, when to go on a run and when to drop back will cost you too often over the course of a season.
Jamie Vardy has had a far bigger impact on the premier league than Pogba as it stands, he's a very good striker.

Dec9003

I’ll quit there if you think Wes Morgan & Henning Berg are good enough CB’s to win the PL and that Danny Drinkwater, Jon Obi Mikel & Thiago are “good enough CM’s” yet somehow you can’t win the PL with Pogba.
Well only one player out of those you've mentioned hasn't won it.
I'm not saying if a team has Pogba he will put a spooky curse on them and they won't win it, but if we expect him to play a leading role in a title challenge we'll be found wanting.

I'm not saying if a team has Pogba he will put a spooky curse on them and they won't win it, but if we expect him to play a leading role in a title challenge we'll be found wanting.
Tom Cleverley has won it playing in CM
for us ffs!
You can carry shit players with you to titles, but you can’t carry Paul Pogba... the mind boggles.

Dec9003

Tom Cleverley has won it playing in CM
for us ffs!
You're right! Was he expected to be one of the better players for us during it? No! Pogba is though which is my point, he's simply not good enough unless you want him to be a luxury player amongst top quality players.

Canagel

I hope so! Time will tell of course but I don't see it at the moment. Being a good (albeit slow) passer of the ball doesn't make up for all his drawbacks.
He doesn't get enough of the ball just like most of our team. He is a player who needs the ball to be effective. I read at half time Pogba made 15 passes compared with 53 passes for Kovacic. It's not possible to show your quality when you don't have possession as a team. As soon as the team started to be aggressive he dominated the midfield.

Dec9003

He doesn't get enough of the ball just like most of our team. He is a player who needs the ball to be effective. I read at half time Pogba made 15 passes compared with 53 passes for Kovacic. It's not possible to show your quality when you don't have possession as a team. As soon as the team started to be aggressive he dominated the midfield.
It's his job as a midfielder to be one who is aggressive and get on the ball. He's far too passive and when the chips are down he vanishes.
We probably aren't getting the most out of our players right now, but I don't think there's enough to get out of Pogba for him to be a big player for us.

Dec9003

Now we’re getting somewhere. I disagree with you but have no issues with the above opinion.
Then why disagree with me in the first place? I literally said the same thing when you went off on a tangent about Wes Morgan being rubbish or something.

Dec9003

Weird timing for this. In the second half last week and again today he was at his brilliant best.
Yeah when the team was playing well, where was he when we weren't doing too well? Letting his man go at a corner and having a tantrum.
No you fecking didn’t, you said he’s not a good enough midfielder for a side that wants to win the PL.
Kin ell.
When you mentioned your little list of players you deemed not very good I explained what I was saying, which is that if we want to win the league he's not going to be good enough to play a leading/big role in it, because he's overrated, and hence not good enough.
Any player can be carried, such as TC23 (lol) when we won the league.

Canagel

It's his job as a midfielder to be one who is aggressive and get on the ball. He's far too passive and when the chips are down he vanishes.
We probably aren't getting the most out of our players right now, but I don't think there's enough to get out of Pogba for him to be a big player for us.
That's your opinion but I have to disagree there. If you watched the game you will know that the way we played 1st half is not helpful for our attacking game. Martial and Rashford were playing like fullbacks. The midfield barely crossed the halfway line. For 20 minutes 2nd half I noticed a change in all of these players Mata, Martial, Pogba, Rashford.
If you don't think Pogba can be a big player for us that's totally your opinion but it isn't based on what we've seen this season.

kundalini

This is such hyperbole. It was clearly a communication problem between him and Victor. But get off Pogbas back plz.
I (guess, because I dont know, but Mourinho usually has 2-3 players man marking) Victor and Pogba was two of three players that were picking up specific players for that corner.
While the rest where playing zone.
Perfectly normal.
Pogba actually ended up with Luiz screening him just before the corner was struck and he wanted Victor to switch to Rudiger. Its not so easy as to say that Pogba was going to mark Rudiger (which was probably the case to begin with) and we should blame him for everything.
You need to be flexible in these type of situations and its actually a good thing that Pogba and Lindelof had a discussion about this after. It was a good play by Chelsea and both of our players will learn from it.
It is also not so fecking easy to man mark on dead balls/or corners. You get screened for half a second and you are 5 meters behind your man. Communication is essential in this type of situations.
This happened in half a second and to call it pathetically by Pogba to discuss this with Victor afterwards is what is pathetic tbh.
EDIT
This is a good shot. And who knows, maybe it was Victor that was supposed to have Rudiger from the start? Do you really know?
DOUBLE EDIT
I also think that Pogba was quite frustrated with Douchie Dean who let this happen. Luiz was screening him in what was close to an NBA play.
Well played by Chelsea and again: get off Pogbas fecking back plz!
This is nonsense, as is evident if you watch the complete sequence of events. Pogba cannot start a conversation with Lindelof when Rudiger has already set off. Even if Lindelof understands, he has no time to react. Pogba was marking Rudiger. It was his responsibility. It has nothing to do with Lindelof. Lindelof stays tight to David Luiz, which was his job at this corner.

Pogba made 2 big errors. One was not watching Rudiger. The other was not dropping back a step when Luiz came into block, that would have allowed him to run directly to where the ball arrived from the corner.

Last edited:
Yeah when the team was playing well, where was he when we weren't doing too well? Letting his man go at a corner and having a tantrum.
So he had nothing to do with the team turning it around playing well? Kin ell lad.

When you mentioned your little list of players you deemed not very good I explained what I was saying, which is that if we want to win the league he's not going to be good enough to play a leading/big role in it, because he's overrated, and hence not good enough.
Any player can be carried, such as TC23 (lol) when we won the league.
Yeah and that’s when I said, I disagree but think it’s an ok opinion to have. Why are you still banging on about this. You said some hyperbolic nonsense, we cleared it up yet we still disagree on Pogba, that’s that.

Dec9003

@Regulus Arcturus Black
It's not hyperbolic nonsense to say he isn't good enough, it's a completely fair opinion to have based on the totally inept performances he repeatedly puts out season after season.
I think it was a mistake to fetch him back and he should be moved on.
I don't think he had much to do with us turning it around initially against Chelsea, because he's as fair weather as it gets when it comes to midfielders.

Dec9003

@Regulus Arcturus Black
It's not hyperbolic nonsense to say he isn't good enough, it's a completely fair opinion to have based on the totally inept performances he repeatedly puts out season after season.
I don't think he had much to do with us turning it around initially against Chelsea, because he's as fair weather as it gets when it comes to midfielders.

Mcking

@Regulus Arcturus Black
He is not as good as he is being made out to be or he is just not good enough?

Dec9003

He is not as good as he is being made out to be or he is just not good enough?
I guess, both? As I said he is a good footballer but a bad midfielder, maybe if he got played where Mata did it wouldn't be quite as bad but I'm not sure he can play that role either.

Redo91

No offence but this is a very odd post.

Canagel

@Regulus Arcturus Black
the inept performances of the team you mean? Pogba has been bad whenever the team was bad. The days when Sanchez, Martial, Lukaku, Rashford, Valencia, Young, Matic, Jones etc were all poor. Because I never seen Pogba play bad and other players play good. It's either everyone bad including Pogba or everyone good including Pogba and Pogba the best player mostly. This points to a team issue. I'd like to wait for a different manager to see better performances as a team and then we can judge some players.

Status
Not open for further replies.