Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajma

Hopefully this game opened many eyes but I doubt it, people love to concentrate on trivial nonsense when it comes to Pogba.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Wow the reaction in the media if Pogba had lost his man like Matic did for the third goal. Wonder if all the post game analysis will be centred on Matic and two days worth of newspaper articles ?

Ashley R1+O

Wow the reaction in the media if Pogba had lost his man like Matic did for the third goal. Wonder if all the post game analysis will be centred on Matic and two days worth of newspaper articles ?
I doubt anybody is expecting Pogba to pick up a man in the first place...?

Ashley R1+O

So he wouldn't have been criticised is what you're saying ?
Sure, why not. Seemed a weird assumption for Pogba - the guy is an obvious known defensive liability in our half. I don't really know why people would be expecting otherwise? Matic is a defensive midfielder so the onus is on him to be able to defend, which would be doing his job.

Seems a bit of a weird attempt at getting attention for a point not very well made.

Kag

Remember when people were suggesting we sell him and replace him with a bloke called Milinkovic-Savic? They were clever lads.

Stadjer

I have no idea, but the type of player he is and the massive difference between us and City, hes not going to make that difference.
Pogba is always capable of making a pass to put someone 1on1 with the goalkeeper. He can do things no other player in our team can do so he could have made a difference.
Would we have won with him? Not likely but that is more because most of our players are average at best...

Yagami

Good post resistant
Remember when people were suggesting we sell him and replace him with a bloke called Milinkovic-Savic? They were clever lads.
I've seen plenty of Savic. I watch Lazio a lot. Not only does Savic have the same problems as Pogba - poor defensively, occasionally lazy, inconsistent - he's nowhere near Pogba's quality in what he's good at.

Potentially, he could become as good, but right now he's nowhere near him. I couldn't believe people wanted him in place of Pogba.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Sure, why not. Seemed a weird assumption for Pogba - the guy is an obvious known defensive liability in our half. I don't really know why people would be expecting otherwise? Matic is a defensive midfielder so the onus is on him to be able to defend, which would be doing his job.

Seems a bit of a weird attempt at getting attention for a point not very well made.
So what you're saying is it's more acceptable for a defensive midfielder to lose his man than an offensive midfielder.

That makes no sense whatsoever to me since Pogba gives you so much in other areas and Matic gives you nothing. So basically one becomes totally useless and the other will produce quality time and time again.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm not generally a big Pogba fan (he's too full of himself / over-confident and doesn't perform seriously against the lesser sides + he tried to sign for city!!).
However, he always seems to turn it on against the top sides - all the lazyness goes, he gets his head up and makes strategic passed, dribbles and runs. IMO he peforms best in moments of adversity, such as tomorrow, so I seriously hope he's fit and able.
Your first sentence is an absolute joke. ‘Tried to sign for City’.

MDFC Manager

Laughable :lol:

We will be well fecked if he ever decides to leave. Who can blame him if he decides to go either.

OldTrevil

Plays with a defensive midfielder like Matic and yet gets most of the flak for the midfield's positional errors and is labelled a defensive liability :wenger:

Bob H from Manchester

Your first sentence is an absolute joke. ‘Tried to sign for City’.
His agent . . acting under his instruction and in his employment . . offered his professional services to manchester city fc. . . everyone knows that - it made the news and everything - Jose even mentioned, in pre-match pressers for today's humiliation, that he didn't know that Pogba was trying to sign for city until after the event.
You should follow the news . . it's shocking but you'll get used to it when you're a grown up.

My advice is; be a supporter but be an informed supporter - speak with knowledge through your mouth not with best guesses through your . . .

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
His agent . . acting under his instruction and in his employment . . offered his professional services to Manchester City fc. . . everyone knows that - it made the news and everything - Jose even mentioned, in pre-match pressers for today's humiliation, that he didn't know that Pogba was trying to sign for city until after the event.
You should follow the news . . it's shocking but you'll get used to it when you're a grown up.

My advice is; be a supporter but be an informed supporter - speak with knowledge through your mouth not with best guesses through your . . .
It made the news? Do you know how much absolute rubbish is in the news constantly?

Where's the source for Jose talking about it before this match? Because the only thing that I know of was Guardiola claiming (possibly true, possible not) that Raiola (known to be a huge shit-stirrer, and also known to hate Guardiola) told him that Mkhitaryan and Pogba would be available. Should be noted that Guardiola only made these claims after Raiola reportedly called him a coward and a dog for how he treats people.

Moonred

City played better this game than last year, they didn't play well last year in the same game.
City were miles better last season for one half. Pogba and we pulled that win out of nowhere. City were much less gung ho yesterday, more cautious. Pogba most definitely would have made a difference whether it would have been enough or not is a different question.

dabeast

Pogba is absolutely world-class. I hope he doesn't question why he has to waste the best years of his career while Utd decide (as they will) that Mourinho is done as a top-level manager.

Best said on Twitter(newbies cannot post links):-
Raphael Honigstein‏ Verified account @honigstein
Convincing Man Utd supporters that he cannot possibly do any better with this team is Mourinho’s biggest managerial feat in recent weeks.

kr0nix

Horrific player sometimes. His range is akin to Rooney. Hideous pub player to unbelievable game to game.

Also - slightly annoyed how emotional he looked at full time. Tapping his chest to the crowd. Gtfo.
Gutter performance. Would quite happily sell for mega bucks and add players across the squad.
Take note how shite we were in midfield without him.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Meh.. he missed like 4 out of 5 Manchester derbies since is arrival?

EasyE

Take note how shite we were in midfield without him.
I've already noted this. Not sure why you're raising this point with my comment though? I still stand behind what i said. His range is so varied and he doesn't have consistency.

Canagel

I've already noted this. Not sure why you're raising this point with my comment though? I still stand behind what i said. His range is so varied and he doesn't have consistency.
He got injured during the game and played through it. Explains his off performance. Because we know his normal level but he made a sacrifice to help the team and couldn't recover in time.

Redo91

Confirmed; misses the France games
Only silver lining. I was thinking during the Juve game that he hasn’t had a rest in ages. Considering he has had a few muscular injuries since he joined I thought he needed a rest to avoid that. Sounds like this injury is fairly minor so will hopefully be available for Palace when he comes back.

Hammondo

City were miles better last season for one half. Pogba and we pulled that win out of nowhere. City were much less gung ho yesterday, more cautious. Pogba most definitely would have made a difference whether it would have been enough or not is a different question.
They kept possession way better this game, last season they were lazy in comparison. Same reason why they lost to Liverpool last season but beat them this season, they were lazy last season.

Moonred

They kept possession way better this game, last season they were lazy in comparison. Same reason why they lost to Liverpool last season but beat them this season, they were lazy last season.
They didn't beat liverpool this season either. Should have. More importantly, if you think Pogba wouldn't have made us better which in result makes a difference, you are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.