6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbryan

Makes sense. Get him fit for the second part of the season and hopefully find some of the form he had when Ole first took over, no point in rushing him back again. Pretty sure he is gone in the summer as well.

Gasolin

This is heart breaking for me, I wish he could fight for this club. But well, is the Athletic that reliable? I know they scouted lots of journalists but I hope they are wrong and this will get sorted out.

fergiesarmy1

This is heart breaking for me, I wish he could fight for this club. But well, is the Athletic that reliable? I know they scouted lots of journalists but I hope they are wrong and this will get sorted out.
:lol:

He hasn’t been interested from day one and doesn’t want £480k to play for us. We are well rid.

Champagne Football

I'd say Pogba's highest goal is to be fresh for Euro 2020, hit peak form, put on a show and land his dream move to Madrid, or back to Juventus.

That's a win-win for Man Utd too, as his value will rocket if France win it and he plays a starring role. We're mostly a better team without him.

AFC NimbleThumb

We already need midfield reinforcements & with Pogba likely leaving I don’t get the fanfare from certain sections.

I was hounded & given a 2 point warning when stating the obvious about any Pogba transfer; him leaving will see him replaced by a cheaper less talented alternative that will still have to combat with Fred missing 5 yard passes & Andreas being our back up RW.

Pogba hasn’t covered himself in glory but losing a talent of his as Manchester United is never a good thing - we aren’t getting a better player.

fergiesarmy1

Pogba hasn’t covered himself in glory but losing a talent of his as Manchester United is never a good thing - we aren’t getting a better player.
What has he done since around February last year while picking up a reported £290,000 a week plus a laughable loyalty fee in the summer?

That’s about £10,000,000 quid there since February

AFC NimbleThumb

What has he done since around February last year while picking up a reported £290,000 a week plus a laughable loyalty fee in the summer?
Thought you were banned, glad you’re not sir!

I just think the whole thing has been a travesty from the end of his first season; his best games have been few & far between but I’d argue he’s played most of his time here out of position.

If we were to sell him for £100+mil & reinvest that i. 2/3 exciting midfield I’d have no issue but I can see us spending about half that on a ‘replacement’ whilst we still have Ashley Young playing meaningful minutes at fullback.

We paid a ridiculous fee because he was a no loss purchase; his value would only ever rise then put a dysfunctional unit around him expecting him to lead us out of it which is something he’s not built for.

I don’t get into arguing the merits of a players wage, we currently have Mata, Lingard to name 2 on the payroll who should be culled before Pogba.

Selling Pogba isn’t a problem solved, we need investment on top of them if sold instead of buy OgS has made fans believe rebuilds happen in a silo so we’ll likely not reinforce the midfield adequately if he stays or goes.

fergiesarmy1

Thought you were banned, glad you’re not sir!

I just think the whole thing has been a travesty from the end of his first season; his best games have been few & far between but I’d argue he’s played most of his time here out of position.

If we were to sell him for £100+mil & reinvest that i. 2/3 exciting midfield I’d have no issue but I can see us spending about half that on a ‘replacement’ whilst we still have Ashley Young playing meaningful minutes at fullback.

We paid a ridiculous fee because he was a no loss purchase; his value would only ever rise then put a dysfunctional unit around him expecting him to lead us out of it which is something he’s not built for.

I don’t get into arguing the merits of a players wage, we currently have Mata, Lingard to name 2 on the payroll who should be culled before Pogba.

Selling Pogba isn’t a problem solved, we need investment on top of them if sold instead of buy OgS has made fans believe rebuilds happen in a silo so we’ll likely not reinforce the midfield adequately if he stays or goes.
Warning I believe after starting drinking at 2pm on a Friday, me and another poster have suggested captchas should be introduced past 10pm local time :lol:

Didn’t even know why the next day, you don’t get an email or anything just thought redcafe was down until I read a few of my previous nights posts and spotted the warning post which I admit wasn’t in the best taste but Que sera sara.

Regards to pogba it’s clear he doesn’t want to be here, never refuted one of his entourages opinions since day one.

AFC NimbleThumb

Warning I believe after starting drinking at 2pm on a Friday, me and another poster have suggested captchas should be introduced past 10pm local time :lol:

Didn’t even know why the next day, you don’t get an email or anything just thought redcafe was down until I read a few of my previous nights posts and spotted the warning post which I admit wasn’t in the best taste but Que sera sara.
Some clown was calling for you to be banned from the internet :lol:
Regards to pogba it’s clear he doesn’t want to be here, never refuted one of his entourages opinions since day one.
Fair point but I always think, did Aguero dream of spending the peak of his career at City, or de Bruyne for that matter - obviously we’re talking about different personalities etc. but I’m a firm believer the environment around the club since he signed hasn’t helped.

If he wants to go, I agree he should but the real question is why does he want to when other top talents are fine in this country, let alone the city.

fergiesarmy1

Some clown was calling for you to be banned from the internet :lol:

Fair point but I always think, did Aguero dream of spending the peak of his career at City, or de Bruyne for that matter - obviously we’re talking about different personalities etc. but I’m a firm believer the environment around the club since he signed hasn’t helped.

If he wants to go, I agree he should but the real question is why does he want to when other top talents are fine in this country, let alone the city.
Banned from the internet? Most of old Trafford would agree with me but let’s move on.....

Never thought about from the point of aguero and it always struck as me as financial for him ie the dodgy double salary Mancini got but yeah winning stuff helps albeit not even close to champions league winner really.

It’s year 4 for Pogba now though and in nearly 40 years watching football I’ve never seen a player turn it around after this long.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
:lol:

He hasn’t been interested from day one and doesn’t want £480k to play for us. We are well rid.
Hasn't been interested from day one? Don't try to rewrite history, it just makes you look bitter.

Why did he take a step down to join us from Juve back then? He was sold an ambitious project from Mourinho like many others at the time, unfortunately it never worked out. If the club had competed for the top trophies in his time here, or shown proper ambitions to compete for said trophies in the future, i'm sure he would have stayed here for many years.

We have a very young team, he's coming 27, can you see us competing for the top trophies in the next 1-2 years? If you can't, then can you honestly blame him for wanting to move on?

He's one of the best players in the world, players peaks are short, anything can happen any time with injuries etc.

Us as fans can see the owners limited ambitions, i'm sure the players aren't stupid either.

fergiesarmy1

Hasn't been interested from day one? Don't try to rewrite history, it just makes you look bitter.

He took a step down to join us from Juve when he came here. He was sold an ambitious project from Mourinho like many others at the time, unfortunately it never worked out. If the club had competed for the top trophies in his time here, or shown proper ambitions to compete for said trophies in the future, i'm sure he would have stayed here for many years.

We have a very young team, he's coming 27, can you see us competing for the top trophies in the next 1-2 years? If you can't, then can you honestly blame him for wanting to move on?

He's one of the best players in the world, players peaks are short, anything can happen any time with injuries etc.

Us as fans can see the owners limited ambitions, turning us into a sinking ship, i'm sure the players aren't stupid either.
Yeah him and his agent didn’t benefit by £30m and his wage shot up to £15m a year.

They also didn’t start making noises about Real Madrid about 6 months later.

Ps I wanted him in the first place, I just know when I’ve seen a busted flush, you need to read the cards also.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Yeah him and his agent didn’t benefit by £30m and his wage shot up to £15m a year.

They also didn’t start making noises about Real Madrid about 6 months later.

Ps I wanted him in the first place, I just know when I’ve seen a busted flush, you need to read the cards also.
Madrid wanted him at the time, he could have gone to Madrid from Juve if he wanted to, yet he chose to come here.

Pogba is no busted flush. That's ludicrous. We put a dysfunctional setup around him, then expected him to perform his best Roy of the Rovers impression. It was always going to leave people unsatisfied.

I understand though that, no one player makes a team, regardless of how good they are.

The unforgivable mistake the club made was not building upon his signing with further top quality reinforcements, but that's Man Utd under the Glazers.

We'll probably replace Pogba with the most marketable, top player we can attract, then leave him out to dry too.

fergiesarmy1

Madrid wanted him at the time, he could have gone to Madrid from Juve if he wanted to, yet he chose to come here.

Pogba is no busted flush. That's ludicrous. We put a dysfunctional setup around him, then expected him to perform his best Roy of the Rovers impression. It was always going to leave people unsatisfied.

I understand though that, no one player makes a team, regardless of how good they are.

The unforgivable mistake the club made was not building upon his signing with further top quality reinforcements, but that's Man Utd under the Glazers.

We'll probably replace Pogba with the most marketable, top player we can attract, then leave him out to dry too.
Well that’s a negative opinion of what will happen next, I’d rather we forget about marketable players and just got on with players with ambition to win.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Well that’s a negative opinion of what will happen next, I’d rather we forget about marketable players and just got on with players with ambition to win.
I don't see it as negative. It's what they have done in the past, so i expect it in the future.

The Glazers are solely interested in the commercial possibilities of the club, with no care for competing on the pitch, why are they going to change now? I know it's depressing but it's the truth.

I just want to see the club not settling for second best (4th best) and having unlimited ambition to win for once.

fergiesarmy1

I don't see it as negative. It's what they have done in the past, so i expect it in the future.

The Glazers are solely interested in the commercial possibilities of the club, with no care for competing on the pitch, why are they going to change now? I know it's depressing but it's the truth.

I just want to see the club have unlimited ambition to win. Simple as that.
We have clearly changed strategy now from buying the shiny toy to actually buying players we need, the glazers are still idiots but here we are doing the best we can do under the circumstances.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
We have clearly changed strategy now from buying the shiny toy to actually buying players we need, the glazers are still idiots but here we are doing the best we can do under the circumstances.
This summer does seem like a change of strategy thankfully. There's still lots of improvements to be made next summer though, Woodward not renewing deadwood and signing more than 3 players each year would be nice.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

Why did he take a step down to join us from Juve back then
? He was sold an ambitious project from Mourinho like many others at the time, unfortunately it never worked out. If the club had competed for the top trophies in his time here, or shown proper ambitions to compete for said trophies in the future, i'm sure he would have stayed here for many years.

Us as fans can see the owners limited ambitions, i'm sure the players aren't stupid either.
Because Raiola was whoring him out to the highest bidder, first to Madrid but when Perez told him to sling his hook Raiola then went on record to say they were in talks with Barca and also mentioned Bayern would be a good suitor and when they turned him down if we were lucky we were 4th in line and I'm sure if United didn't pay Raiolas ridiculous commission Pogba wouldn't of signed for us in the first place. Yeah, pure dedication on the part of Pogba.

redshaw

Juve wouldn't accept offers from others of around 60m back then, we were the only club that went in with the record fee and sold him on the Jose project.

Probably a good time to go with four Serie A titles and a manager CV of Jose, United 3 years from Fergie looking to bounce back but in hindsight he should've played his contract out at Juve and moved to Madrid. They're still hesitant this summer with the fee but I think we'll let him go now for a lot less than 150m touted and more like 90-120m if Zidane is still there or other club with CL safety like Juve or PSG.

It will be four years at the end of this season and we've failed spectacularly in not getting the best out of this super passer of a football. Others will be able do it but like in 2016 clubs aren't prepared to break the bank for him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He'll be 27 y.o. next year. He doesn't have much time left to have a chance of individual and team trophies. He won't get that with United in another 2-3 years (at the least), by then he's approaching 30 and become an old man (in the Caf term).

Jibbs

Pogba fanboys are hilarious, he has done nothing at united to justify his prize tag... always takes the club for granted, has disrupted the culture of the club, even James Milner has done more for Liverpool than Pogba has done for us. Team is always greater than sum of its parts. I'd gladly replace this faulty part with a reliable one or two.

3KDré

Pogba fanboys are hilarious, he has done nothing at united to justify his prize tag... always takes the club for granted, has disrupted the culture of the club
Please elaborate. How does he take the club for granted?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If I was Pogba I’d also be ‘injured’ till I can play actual football with another club too

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
"..disrupted the culture of the club" :lol: The club's culture disappeared with SAF, Pogba had nothing to do with it.

I would love for the team to target such players but I don't think it's that easy. Every player has an ambition to win after all

fergieisold

He'll be 27 y.o. next year. He doesn't have much time left to have a chance of individual and team trophies. He won't get that with United in another 2-3 years (at the least), by then he's approaching 30 and become an old man (in the Caf term).
Amazing he'll be 27. If he continues like he has done up to now he'll become one of the biggest ever wastes of talent.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

His heart is elsewhere Imo
The whole story (which includes an apparent offer from United) is made in the context of Pogba's "prolonged" injury. Pretty click-baiting article from what is supposed to be the new standard of sports journalism.

UnitedFan93

Pogba fanboys are hilarious, he has done nothing at united to justify his prize tag... always takes the club for granted, has disrupted the culture of the club, even James Milner has done more for Liverpool than Pogba has done for us. Team is always greater than sum of its parts. I'd gladly replace this faulty part with a reliable one or two.
Completely agree.

Pogba is not worth the fuss.

romufc

I have always been a Pogba fan, I said it earlier we would struggle without him, but the Pogba we have seen playing for anyone but Manutd just hasn't turned up.

This season I thought things might be different, he needs to win games, like the top players do.. Hazard at Chelsea, Yaya at City where when the team is 1-0 down or 0-0 comes out with a special moment. Pogba has not done that for Manutd and I am getting to a point thinking there is no point hoping for this guy to turn things around.

It is clear to see he is not one bit interested about United. I do worry because I do not think Real or Juve will pay over £120m for him.

Alabaster Codify7

Amazing he'll be 27. If he continues like he has done up to now he'll become one of the biggest ever wastes of talent.
He really has wasted his prime years nearly at this shit show of a club. I don't particularly like him but his talent deserves much better than we can and have offered. Likewise we need a fresh start,no more of these rumours hanging over us every year.

Gone in January I reckon

Bestietom

27 years old now. If he doesn't get his finger out, he will go down as the biggest waste of talent ever. Money and sulking never wins in the end.

drdoityourself

Probably the only player to be injured, pictured in a cast, the club confirms his injury and yet most of his own clubs' fans choose to use apostrophes when talking about his injury or 'injury' as they'll have it. Yet again undermining his character without any evidence.

His output last season was the highest in almost any statistical column for this attack. Yet he's playing as a midfielder. Put anyone else in his position (Kroos, Thiago etc), in this team, and they won't do better. Because creative midfielders need good players around the to properly function, this just hasn't been the case. You can say that is just an excuse for Pogba, but rarely do you see creative midfielders maintain any kind of consistency playing for mediocre teams. It seems easier for forwards and wingers, who rely on individual talent to shine, like Hazard. Pogba had the best understanding with Zlatan, that is not a coincidence.

In Juventus he was a good part of a very good team, the same at the World Cup. If our fans could move on from the price tag and look at him at as a piece of a puzzle rather than the Hall and the Oates of our team, this fanbase could take better to him.

The expectation on this guy is just so unfair, like Peter Schmeichel said after the Arsenal game: Pogba is a problem child, he created two chances then he should be creating 15.
That's the ridiculous standards he has to live up to, playing deep in midfield. Yet players in the same starting line up, playing in a more advanced roles like Pereira go on without creating anything in the same game without mention. The standards should be the same for any starting eleven United player.

He'sRaldo

Probably the only player to be injured, pictured in a cast, the club confirms his injury and yet most of his own clubs' fans choose to use apostrophes when talking about his injury or 'injury' as they'll have it. Yet again undermining his character without any evidence.

When people talk about media narratives spreading, this is what they mean. One person on social media uses apostrophes for "injury", and all of a sudden everyone's doing it. And they'll all swear they're not influenced by media and come up with their ideas individually.

That's why I have problems with the discussion around Pogba, it's all media-influenced, and the people involved all think their thoughts are independent when it's obvious they're all feeding off each other with nothing else that's really substantial. I mean, that's how rumours have always traditionally spread.

drdoityourself

So a £100m player on £15m a year basic reportedly wanting £25m should not be expected to play above the level of a youth team player if they are on the same pitch?
Not if you want to have a good team. He was bought by one of the biggest clubs in the world, we've spent north of 800 million since SAF left. The bar is lowered for certain players and raised for mostly Pogba nowadays. It was never that way when we were successful. That's how these average players survive here for a decade it seems. Their responsibility to the media and fans is shockingly low.
Get over the transfer fee (which you've added an extra 10 million on for no reason). Manchester United starters should all be judged on the same basis. We are not talking about youth players here, these are players like Lingard approaching 27 and Pereira who is 23 and has spent two season at loan in La Liga.

Maybe he has underperformed in some sense, I for certain have seen him have too many shockers for my liking. But the hate towards someone who has actually managed to create chances from a very deep position in a very blunt team, is so misdirected.

fergiesarmy1

Not if you want to have a good team. He was bought by one of the biggest clubs in the world, we've spent north of 800 million since SAF left. The bar is lowered for certain players and raised for mostly Pogba nowadays. It was never that way when we were successful. That's how these average players survive here for a decade it seems. Their responsibility to the media and fans is shockingly low.
Get over the transfer fee (which you've added an extra 10 million on for no reason). Manchester United starters should all be judged on the same basis. We are not talking about youth players here, these are players like Lingard approaching 27 and Pereira who is 23 and has spent two season at loan in La Liga.

Maybe he has underperformed in some sense, I for certain have seen him have too many shockers for my liking. But the hate towards someone who has actually managed to create chances from a very deep position in a very blunt team, is so misdirected.
I think we can all agree regardless of price Pogba is supposed to be the teams superstar?

Is he performing like a superstar? No and hasn’t really apart from the odd game since he has been here.

Halal Jalal

His heart is elsewhere Imo
Sadly, I doubt this is true. He's not signing a new contract, not with Ole at the wheel certainly. He already wasted 4 years of his prime here when he could have been winning trophies left and right with RM, Barcelona or back at Juve.

480k/w won't be enough to persuade him, he can get twice as much at PSG if he wants to. Maybe a new manager (Allegri) could convince him to give us one more season to see if there's real progress, but maybe he's already decided to leave anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.