Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

I know finding a buyer in this period is difficult, but cant believe we are going to let him run his contract down and leave, thats the worst scenario financially and in terms of squad harmony.

Also, what concerns me is rumours that now we may be shelving the search for a central midfielder. Of course our defence is strengthened with Varane behind and we should have better balance up front with Sancho. But though that may allow Pogba to be mor eeffective in central midfield, do we trust him there now when he hasnt consistently delivered sinc ebeing here......I dont.

I agree with someone above saying he is probably most effective at the moment competing for the left wing spot.....which still means our midfield is weak unless VDB steps up. Garner is almost certainly not ready, McFred and Matic give us limited options and tehre arent many more, don tthink Garner is ready, Hannibal looks a big talent and long term could be the answer, but this season?

Regardless of Pogba staying, we should still be lookign for a CM, Pogba staying in that regard could actually make us weaker than we may hav ebeen if we were replacing him......this for me is the big error this window from a very good one to one that challenges for trophies, still not confident of us in the middle of the park

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I know finding a buyer in this period is difficult, but cant believe we are going to let him run his contract down and leave, thats the worst scenario financially and in terms of squad harmony.

Also, what concerns me is rumours that now we may be shelving the search for a central midfielder. Of course our defence is strengthened with Varane behind and we should have better balance up front with Sancho. But though that may allow Pogba to be mor eeffective in central midfield, do we trust him there now when he hasnt consistently delivered sinc ebeing here......I dont.

I agree with someone above saying he is probably most effective at the moment competing for the left wing spot.....which still means our midfield is weak unless VDB steps up. Garner is almost certainly not ready, McFred and Matic give us limited options and tehre arent many more, don tthink Garner is ready, Hannibal looks a big talent and long term could be the answer, but this season?

Regardless of Pogba staying, we should still be lookign for a CM, Pogba staying in that regard could actually make us weaker than we may hav ebeen if we were replacing him......this for me is the big error this window from a very good one to one that challenges for trophies, still not confident of us in the middle of the park
Squad harmony ? I agree that financially it's not ideal for the club but the harmony you're hinting at is pure fiction for me

The United

I think Pogba will be rotating with Rashford on the left from now on. Rashys out at the start of the season anyway. A creative and technically gifted attacking midielder and a pacey wide forward gives good a variety tactically, certainly better than a choice between Rashford and Martial who are both wide forwards (when Martial plays on the left).
That is what I think will happen. When Rashford comes back? Well, we will figure out and we don't have to worry too much about if Pogba will be happy by then.

ghagua

Unless Pogba wants to go back to Juventus next summer on a free (if they are willing to pay his wages), he is going to end up signing that new contract. He has found out that there are no takers for his services. Can't see any of the top teams wanting to pay him more than United would to get a few good games out of him each season.

We will be stuck paying him an increase in his salary and will regret it like Sanchez and to a lesser extent De Gea.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
This guy has to step up to the plate this season, so many big talk but nothing to show us he deserves what he wants to earn after five years here, he should be greatful to the club for sticking by him after the infamous clash with JM, by pulling his socks up and work extremely hard week in week out or else it could turn into a mess with fans back into the stadiums.

MinGin

Unless Pogba wants to go back to Juventus next summer on a free (if they are willing to pay his wages), he is going to end up signing that new contract. He has found out that there are no takers for his services. Can't see any of the top teams wanting to pay him more than United would to get a few good games out of him each season.

We will be stuck paying him an increase in his salary and will regret it like Sanchez and to a lesser extent De Gea.
Except Juventus, PSG would interest to sign him in free and pay him more than us if he come free.

Bestietom

I agree. If he has refused to sign a new contract then we should try to get 50/60 million for him now or try to get a swap deal done. Losing him on a free would be a huge loss to us having paid his high wages all them years. But that's football, and fans have different opinions than the club.

laughtersassassin

Why do people ignore the fact the club clearly wanted to keep him regardless of the contract situation?

Also for squad harmony it will always be best to have Pogba even if they all know he is leaving in a year. There would be few players better for morale than Pogba and pretty much everyone who has ever worked with him has said!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why do people ignore the fact the club clearly wanted to keep him regardless of the contract situation?

Also for squad harmony it will always be best to have Pogba even if they all know he is leaving in a year. There would be few players better for morale than Pogba and pretty much everyone who has ever worked with him has said!
That's a presumptuous thing to say considering we were never tested with a bid

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Based in reports which is the only thing we can go on.
I don't think any credible reports state Pogba would not be sold if a reasonable fee came in this window.
Wasn't there a report we'd sell him for certain amount of money?

Seems to me we wanted this resolved this summer one way or another rather than keep him "regardless of contract situation".

Idxomer

I don't think any credible reports state Pogba would not be sold if a reasonable fee came in this window.
All credible reports stated the club want him to stay and renew. He is also valued at 70/80m which is basically saying they have no intention to sell with one year remaining in his contract.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
All credible reports stated the club want him to stay and renew. He is also valued at 70/80m which is basically saying they have no intention to sell with one year remaining in his contract.
All credible reports also said he was looking elsewhere and would accept PSG if they came in for him. United had a figure for him, which shows they were willing to sell.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
"Stay and renew" is different to "want him to stay regardless of contract situation" which was suggested before.
I wouldn't read much into the figures being thrown around, it's very likely we would've sold him for much less than 70m because from business pov it's a disaster to let him go free.

All credible reports also said he was looking elsewhere and would accept PSG if they came in for him. United had a figure for him, which shows they were willing to sell.
Pretty much what I was certain to happen (before Messi).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
top class today. when he’s in that mood he’s unplayable

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Outstanding performance. I hope we keep him, when he plays like this it’s sensational.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
New season same old Pogstaclasses

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Pogba playing well trying to secure that fat contract :rolleyes:

He was sensational, also lost his man on that goal conceded, but whatever :lol:

TsuWave

give him that contract and throw Raiola a couple neapolitan pizzas as a goodwill gesture

PO6B4

Status
Not open for further replies.