Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

I’m being judgemental. I can’t relate to the way you support players/teams but that’s ok. To each their own.
I don't support players at all. Only support United.

I like the way some players play football and can appreciate that from an outside perspective.

Its why neutral football can be so entertaining sometimes as well. You get to watch through a different lense.

Real Name

By some or even a decent amount yes.

Of course much more love and appreciate him but unfortunately for the most part hate is always louder. That's just the way the world is in general tbh
Havent seen any hate from United fans, especially if it's been that often, maybe I missed it.
I've seen a lot of shit being spouted by the press but that goes with the territory of being a star sometimes.
If he decidesd to leave I don't think that was the main reason. And also he isn't blameless in the whole story, his manager even more.

In any case I'd like him to stay but let's not portray him as some kind of victim.

The United

As I said before, he can play to a very decent level in that position against most teams in PL.

People will bring up about being pressed against some. Well, the player has to deal with it himself first. Just because he might get pressed and lose the ball does not mean we need to surround him with 4 Kantes every time.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
No and no. But that fact you bring it up as if it's relevant is pretty telling. You already knew that though.
Of course it’s relevant. Americans have a different attitude to supporting players and clubs to European fans. You often choose an individual player to support and follow him from club to club. That’s pretty alien to United fans this side of the pond. Or as you might put it, “goofy”.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
As I said before, he can play to a very decent level in that position against most teams in PL.

People will bring up about being pressed against some. Well, the player has to deal with it himself first. Just because he might get pressed and lose the ball does not mean we need to surround him with 4 Kantes every time.
Every midfielder is susceptible to losing the ball under the right pressure.

The United

Every midfielder is susceptible to losing the ball under the right pressure.
Exactly. So, it does not make sense people trying too hard to accommodate him with a bunch of players names throwing around while playing in the position he plays today.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Havent seen any hate from United fans, especially if it's been that often, maybe I missed it.
I've seen a lot of shit being spouted by the press but that goes with the territory of being a star sometimes.
If he decidesd to leave I don't think that was the main reason. And also he isn't blameless in the whole story, his manager even more.

In any case I'd like him to stay but let's not portray him as some kind of victim.
You really haven't been reading the caf this past year or so. Some were convinced his covid was a bad excuse for being unfit and that he was for sure leaving in January. All kinda nonsense based on feck all was spouted about him.
Those Utd "fans" have disappeared these days

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You really haven't been reading the caf this past year or so. Some were convinced his covid was a bad excuse for being unfit and that he was for sure leaving in January. All kinda nonsense based on feck all was spouted about him.
Remember the ‘fake’ injury when he had to film himself before and after an operation

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Shame that we have the usual posters creating a negative atmosphere in here. Despite themselves…they just can’t help it.

OverratedOpinion

You leapt on a simple comment. Calm down.

He’s been terrific from LAM but he’s been lacking as a CM. Today with Matic was a marked improvement in his all round play reminiscent of their Burnley partnership in terms of allowing each other to play their natural game.
I am quite calm, thanks though.

You said something without any context to actually explain what you think, you got a response (to what you said, not the things you believe but fail to share) and then seem bothered about it. There was no leaping, just responding on account of the whole internet forum thing. You must be very confusing at parties.

I don't watch Burnley very much.

DannyDee

Of course it’s relevant. Americans have a different attitude to supporting players and clubs to European fans. You often choose an individual player to support and follow him from club to club. That’s pretty alien to United fans this side of the pond. Or as you might put it, “goofy”.
I'm from North America (not the States though), while what you are describing does happen, I don't think it's as commonplace as you are making it out to be. Yes, there are people of often of Portuguese or Argentinian descent who will blindly follow Messi and Ronaldo around. A lot of people choose a team and stick with it. Most people I know who are passionate fans (and aren't just watching the world or euros every 2 years) have a club they heavily support whether it's United, Arsenal, Chelsea, or Liverpool (occasionally you see some of the big Euro teams, but EPL has been the most accessible to watch for the past 3 decades, and usually those 4 teams are easy to watch between league and CL play).

Valencia Shin Crosses

Exactly. So, it does not make sense people trying too hard to accommodate him with a bunch of players names throwing around while playing in the position he plays today.
100% agree. People get a bit too caught up in creating this “perfect XI” and think so hard about each players weaknesses when in reality matches are won playing to a players strengths instead of trying to compensate their weaknesses. Pogba is potentially the best creator in the world especially from deep, so the logical thing to do is surround him with capable players on the ball that will think and move in sync to highlight his abilities, rather than players who will perhaps run around like chickens tackling everything but don’t offer as much going forward. Especially with our back line now, we need to be willing to be a bit more open defensively because we can afford to be while thrashing teams at the other end.

OL29

He’s got to be due 68 poor games by now…..I can’t understand this ratio thing. Come on Paul sort it out, there’s posters on this forum waiting to post in this thread and they’ve had about three chances since January….it’s just not fair
And when he does have a bad game they’ll pretend that for every decent game he plays, he has three poor performances.

MDFC Manager

Remember the ‘fake’ injury when he had to film himself before and after an operation
Where are all the folks who kept telling us that he's leaving next year on a free and is going to be half arsed to play football, so stick him in the reserves! :lol:

YzWayne

There seems to be a change in him after Ronaldo arrival.

The pressure seems to be off him, with all the attention on Ronaldo, thus allowing him to focus on what he needs to do.

In the past it seemed that he is the player who is suppose to carry the team. With that off his shoulders, he looks happier and even celebrating so hard on his teammates goals. Never seen that before but a promising year to come from him.

TsuWave

There seems to be a change in him after Ronaldo arrival.

The pressure seems to be off him, with all the attention on Ronaldo, thus allowing him to focus on what he needs to do.

In the past it seemed that he is the player who is suppose to carry the team. With that off his shoulders, he looks happier and even celebrating so hard on his teammates goals. Never seen that before but a promising year to come from him.
he has been playing well and been one of our best and most consistent performers for months

he always celebrated teammates goals with enthusiasm. he has a different handshake with/for most members of the squad

Last edited:

Eddy_JukeZ

I really hope he stays.

Especially if he keeps churning out performances like he has lately.

He won't be easily replaced like some of our fans like to think.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
How the feck did he suddenly look like he could do his share of defending in that deeper midfield role? Was absolutely brilliant yesterday and has been since the start of the season. Added more assists. Let's hope he continues this run of consistency.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We need him and are a much better side if he play. That simple. Lets see if he stays, hopefully with Ronaldo there is an additional reason

kthanksbye

Never doubted the ability, I thought he wouldn't be arsed as this the final year of his contract and he'll mentally be in PSG already. How wrong was I. The thing I loved about him yesterday was that he kept it simple. that was a mature performance with a lot of focus and concentration, also covered ground when defending.

If he can keep playing with this commitment, I'm not even bothered about the numbers, those will just be the byproduct, he's that good.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Pogba pressed more than any ManUtd player vs Newcastle.

Also you see how players make run as soon as he gets the ball, almost everyone does.

dal

I'm amazed at how fit these footballers are. They just sprinted around all game and still have the energy to do other things after the game. I would be knackered.
Never drinking is definitely going to help him prolong his career.

He is definitely passing the ball quicker which is his main problem, in the final third he can do his skills, I hope this lasts however I doubt it will.

I think he’ll play better there with Mctominay.

Chicharo

Still cannot believe that some people want him leave. 7 assists thus far, if he leaves there is no player who can replace him available
Especially with Ronaldo,Varane and Jadon (still needs time toadapt, no doubt a great player). We improved the squad a lot, no reason to get rid of a world class player, we simply must continue to improve.

SATA

His fake shots and feints outside the opposition box is so good to watch. Defenders couldn’t get near him and could only second guess what he’s trying to do

shahzy

How the feck did he suddenly look like he could do his share of defending in that deeper midfield role? Was absolutely brilliant yesterday and has been since the start of the season. Added more assists. Let's hope he continues this run of consistency.
Make him believe. Thats it. When you believe you can achieve something, then you try even harder. That's how Sir Alex had a midfield of Jones and Rafael and Cleverley and still won the league :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.