Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amarsdd

I'll just leave that there.
I hope you're not equating those two things? and sorta trying to bring racism into this? I don't think this comparison helps the case.
Maguire was booed by English fans for no reason when he's been great for them more often than not.
Pogba was booed by United fans, for obvious reasons: has been a flop for like what 5 years, played around with other clubs directly or indirectly throughout his career here, and it was during a moment in the game Norwich had come back to level from 2-0 and he was having a bad half.

90 + 5min

That tweet wasn't posted by me. I'll leave you to form your own opinion as to whether skin colour ever comes into play when players are castigated for poor performances, conceding goals, missing penalties etc., etc.
But this is:

Nonsense, Maguire has put in loads of performances this season that deserved him being dropped let alone booed. Leaving at the end of the season has got nothing to do with it. Pogba's a black player with fancy haircuts and has been an easy target for United fans for years. We all know how it works. Maguire has been shit for years, he's the captain, got into bother with the police abroad and been responsible for more goals conceded...yet nothing.

Help me make it make sense.
So I ask you. Forth time. Do you think it is racism behind criticism of Pogba and his perfomences? Or what is the point of you even bringing it up?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I hope you're not equating those two things? and sorta trying to bring racism into this?
Maguire was booed by English fans for no reason when he's been great for them more often than not.
Pogba was booed by United fans, for obvious reasons: has been a flop for like what 5 years, played around with other clubs directly or indirectly throughout his career here, and it was during a moment in the game Norwich had come back to level from 2-0 and he was having a bad half.
He wasn’t having a bad half and Maguire was not booed for no reason

sepulturite

They were saying boo-urns......

(I don't know if anyone has made this joke already, I can't be arsed reading through all the pages to see :lol:)

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If you don't know why by now you're either blind/deaf or don't want to accept the reality. He has been a massive failure while allowing his agent/brother/family/friends to talk shit about the club whatever chance they get. Hopefully in 6 games time he leaves and we never see him in a red shirt again.
He is here 6 years. He didn't justified price but still he won something here and still his every season except this one, was at least above average.
Meanwhile we have players who are stealing a living like Jones, who are absolute dross like Maguire, McT and Awb, who jog around like Rashford and best example; we have Ronaldo who cried and sulk and said that he is a bloody slave when he left us. But they never got booes . They have sympathy and love. What a double standards.

So i ask again; why is Pogba singled out with booes? He is far from being our worst player.
He doesn't want to sign new contract? His choice.

alexanderplatz

I was very excited for Pogbas return but obviously it hasn’t worked out. The lad hasn’t been helped by his agents comments at numerous times either. I personally find it tiring wondering if we will ever see the best of him, will he stay, will he go etc and I think it is in everyone’s interests if he leaves and I genuinely wish him well. Ultimately I don’t think you can have him and Bruno in the same 11 and ultimately Bruno has done more for United than Pogba so would rather he got the chance. Final point-Pogba wanted to be one of the big dogs but hasn’t been a driving force in games where we needed someone to step up, of course people are going to get annoyed at a certain point. That said, he seems like a good lad and he didn’t deserve the booing (that should be for the likes of Di Maria!)

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yeah what did OGS ever do for us to warrant getting a bit more of break from us fans eh?

You really are something pal. Of course us fans were more forgiving on Ole. He's a legend who gave me the best night of my life.

I'd rather have Ole than Ralf too.
Solskjaer done more damage to this club than any player or coach ever. If someone deserves booes that is him.

DavelinaJolie

He is here 6 years. He didn't justified price but still he won something here and still his every season except this one, was at least above average.
Meanwhile we have players who are stealing a living like Jones, who are absolute dross like Maguire, McT and Awb, who jog around like Rashford and best example; we have Ronaldo who cried and sulk and said that he is a bloody slave when he left us. But they never got booes . They have sympathy and love. What a double standards.

So i ask again; why is Pogba singled out with booes? He is far from being our worst player.
I'm confused. What are you saying is the reason?

R'hllor

There could be many reasons why United fans boing him but the ones i deslike to most are those cowards that hide their hate behind MR, selling bs how its his agent but in the same time drooling for Haaland.

Amarsdd

He wasn’t having a bad half and Maguire was not booed for no reason
Yeah, our wide open midfield in the second half might disagree with you (though major portion of the blame also goes on Ralf for actually playing him there). And also yeah, what was the reason Maguire needed booing by the English fans on his every touch? And don't give me a bs reason that English fans all of a sudden started booing players picked for England when they haven't been the best for their club.

Again, I'm not saying racism is not at all at play for some in the crowd to boo Pogba. Ofcourse there is. But I don't think this comparison helps the case.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
There could be many reasons why United fans boing him but the ones i deslike to most are those cowards that hide their hate behind MR, selling bs how its his agent but in the same time drooling for Haaland.
Ha ha, exactly

Cassidy

Yeah, our wide open midfield in the second half might disagree with you (though major portion of the blame also goes on Ralf for actually playing him there). And also yeah, what was the reason Maguire needed booing by the English fans on his every touch? And don't give me a bs reason that English fans all of a sudden started booing players picked for England when they haven't been the best for their club.
Maybe you should go and ask them, but no it was not for no reason.
The wide open midfield was due to the setup

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Solskjaer done more damage to this club than any player or coach ever. If someone deserves booes that is him.
Absolute nonsense mate. We finished 2nd and 3rd under Ole and got to a European final with a lot of these same players.

Woodward and Glazers have damaged us. Ole probably did as well as he was ever going to do.

People like you weren't happy with 2nd and 3rd though.

Cassidy

Absolute nonsense mate. We finished 2nd and 3rd under Ole and got to a European final with a lot of these same players.

Woodward and Glazers have damaged us. Ole probably did as well as he was ever going to do.

Then the wheels fell off. The damage was done because we spent shit loads under Ole on utter rubbish and persisted with mediocre players in important positions such as midfield.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Maybe you should go and ask them, but no it was not for no reason.
The wide open midfield was due to the setup
But you have to admit that the reason was beyond stupid. Apparently they were unhappy that an out of form Maguire was picked over someone else. It's reminiscent of french fans booing Giroud for the same reason(and Benzema).

DavelinaJolie

On the bright side when Pogba has moved on we won't be going round in circles with these arguments anymore.

Cassidy

But you have to admit that the reason was beyond stupid. Apparently they were unhappy that an out of form Maguire was picked over someone else. It's reminiscent of french fans booing Giroud for the same reason(and Benzema).
I didn’t say it wasn’t stupid just like the reason for booing Pogba is also stupid. Point is it is not for no reason

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Not really, I didn't want the club to sign him because I knew that he wasn't a good fit, overhyped and overpriced, my opinion never changed and when he started getting injured I wanted him out because it was beneficial to the club to get something out of him before it was too late. Now I also realized that it was also a good thing for the player, he was unlikely to reach his personal goals and the fan base had already turned on him.
I think you had an unfair advantage over a lot of us as in you actually followed his career when he went to the Juve :) not like the rest of us.

I have to say i only watched him in some European games or on international duty and was largely impressed by what I saw which is why when his signing was announced I was over the moon and expected him to take us to the next level which was my mistake of course but the relationship has always been bitter sweet which makes me indifferent towards him if he does decide to leave the club which is a shame for a high profile player after 6 years. Nothing more than a footnote. We tried. We failed.

Once he's gone I wonder who the next player targeted player will be? At the minute Rashford seems to be pulling away from Maquire and Bruno. Will we have a clear leader by the summer? Watch this space.

Bosws87

When someone constantly flirts with other clubs without producing any consistency or performances it creates a toxic atmosphere.

it has absolutely nothing to do with race the people that say that weren’t at the stadium today and rarely ever have been.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Then the wheels fell off. The damage was done because we spent shit loads under Ole on utter rubbish and persisted with mediocre players in important positions such as midfield.
The wheels have fallen off with every manager since Fergie but you lot seem to think it was just Ole. It will happen to Ten Hag too.

R'hllor

God forbid we dont mention non winning league positions without context with a lost final as cherry on the top, its like reading posts during JM, just in his case we won something under that cnut.

How to say this, Ole the manager did feck all for us, no rebuild, money and years wasted, uncoached, 3 years of having no idea how to break teams in final third, only counter attacking, even that didnt work 100%, best part of all, from "some wont be here to be successful for this club" to leaving most unfit bunch of wankers.

But this aint thread about Ole so will leave at that.

Cassidy

The wheels have fallen off with every manager since Fergie but you lot seem to think it was just Ole. It will happen to Ten Hag too.
The wheels fell off partly due to the fact we were not playing well to begin with. Were were shite at home the season before and also came back from behind to win so many games too. Meaning we were not that good, we got exposed when he played a half decent team in the Europa League and got absolutely outclassed by Milan and others on the way to the final. The writing was on the wall, we were not a good side and it was always going to show if we didnt fix obvious issues like midfield and fullback

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The wheels fell off partly due to the fact we were not playing well to begin with. Were were shite at home the season before and also came back from behind to win so many games too. Meaning we were not that good, we got exposed when he played a half decent team in the Europa League and got absolutely outclassed by Milan and others on the way to the final. The writing was on the wall, we were not a good side and it was always going to show if we didnt fix obvious issues like midfield and fullback
Sticking with players like Pogba was one of his biggest errors. Players who don't want to be at the club shouldn't be given any time on the pitch for me.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Sticking with players like Pogba was one of his biggest errors. Players who don't want to be at the club shouldn't be given any time on the pitch for me.
I bet if you were an actual football manager with something to play for you would be singing a different tune.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I'd be delighted if we just froze him out for the remainder of the season, then he fecks off.

By all accounts, he's a popular figure in the dressing room and viewed as a bit of a "leader". So when you have him declaring our season as "dead", why is it any surprise we seem to have thrown in the towel?

Can't wait for him to go and become some other club's problem.
If he is viewed as a leader then that's a serious problem

He's deservedly been booed today and more of it. He hasn't been anywhere near as good as he should have been for his whole tenure here and the last few weeks have been a disgrace.

I hope he gets more boos. His performances deserve it.

Cassidy

He hardly played so he wasn’t the reason the wheels fell off. Although I agree he should have been sold.

united for life

What has he done to deserve the fan’s support? We stand by our players during their shaky performances, no problem. But with Pogba, he’s been flirting with other clubs and talking about how bad the team is for a long time without showing any effort to improve the team’s form. That only means that he doesn’t care. I want the season to end for a lot of reasons, one of which is to never see him wear the shirt again

TsuWave

Great player when he wants to be and that was never when putting on a United shirt! SAF was right about him back then and is still right today. Get rid, good riddance
Ferguson fought to keep them and sent several players to his house to convincing to stay. Rio and Evra have both given testimony. Why does this “Ferguson was right about him back then” nonsense keep getting trotted?

Monkey bus

The fans had a lot to get off our chests today at the game. The boos for Pogba were as much a message to the people running the club that players who drive traffic to our social media pages and are rewarded with obscene contracts for it won’t be tolerated, as they were to the player whose latest sub par, lethargic performance could have cost us the game against the worst team in the league.

Nobody in the stadium was under any illusion that Pogba was the only poor performer. Today was a real watershed moment in my time at Old Trafford with songs like ‘you’re not fit to wear the shirt’ being widely sung to the whole team. Never heard this before.

crossy1686

career ending
Wait, so Pogba getting booed now is because he’s black again?

Nothing to do with flashing his arse to Madrid/City/PSG for years, his agent talking about leaving every international break, being injured and spending winter in Dubai every year, then playing absolutely shit except for 8 games a season, all while being one of the best paid players at the club and running his contract down so he can leave for free after United spent £80m on him.

Yeah, it’s definitely the black thing. Let’s go with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.