Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Raoul

Admin
Staff
As someone earlier mentioned, attacking players make the biggest impact. We need world class attacking players if we want to compete with the likes of Barca, City and Real Madrid. Griezmann behind Zlatan/Rashford with Martial on the left and Mkhitaryan on the right. With this forward line and Jose's defensively solid system we will be able to compete with the best teams in the world.
Why would we attempt to buy Griezmann now after having already bought Ibra and Mkhitaryan (to play alongside Martial up front) ?

Ricardo de la Vega

Why would we attempt to buy Griezmann now after having already bought Ibra and Mkhitaryan (to play alongside Martial up front) ?
How long is Ibra going to be here for? He's also better than Mkhitaryan and Martial so there is that.

HOOF Control Cross

I was excited for Pogba to come at first, but now I am having second thoughts.

With 100 million, we could have this:

--------------- Big Dave ------------
TFM -- Smalling -- Bailey -- Shaw
------------ Ramsey -- Matic ---------
Micki ------------- Rooney -------- Martial
--------------------- Ibra ------------------

Ramsey - 50 Million
Matic - 50 Million

Raoul

Admin
Staff
How long is Ibra going to be here for? He's also better than Mkhitaryan and Martial so there is that.
Well in that case, we may attempt to look at Griezmann in a year or two after Ibra leaves. Or possibly by then, other players will emerge. As for this year, its too late as the ship has already sailed by way of the attackers we just got this week.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Ramsey - 50 Million
Matic - 50 Million
That's probably the worst spend of 100m that I've yet seen.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Once Messi and Ronaldo are gone, and Real and Barca can't outright outclass teams because of just how much better they are then the rest of the players in world football, the playing field will even out.

Right now, those two just make it very hard for the rest of the world to compete. After them, the rest of the top players are all pretty much in the same group. No one screams out the next Messi. Even Neymar isn't close.
This.

Ricardo de la Vega

Well in that case, we may attempt to look at Griezmann in a year or two after Ibra leaves. Or possibly by then, other players will emerge. As for this year, its too late as the ship has already sailed by way of the attackers we just got this week.
Yeah possibly. Let his contract wear down - but you'd rather have him in United colours surely. Anything can happen in the space of a year or two - not to mention other suitors lose players and see him as an immediate replacement whereas they maybe can't fit him in the side now.

I take your point - we're loaded up top. But you can't pass on world class talent. If they think they have a chance of doing a deal they have to try everything they can to make it happen (in my humble opinion anyway).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yeah possibly. Let his contract wear down - but you'd rather have him in United colours surely. Anything can happen in the space of a year or two - not to mention other suitors lose players and see him as an immediate replacement whereas they maybe can't fit him in the side now.

I take your point - we're loaded up top. But you can't pass on world class talent. If they think they have a chance of doing a deal they have to try everything they can to make it happen (in my humble opinion anyway).
Griezmann just signed a new contract so he probably won't be available for anything less than what Pogba is. Realistically, we will probably miss the boat with him, which is fine given that new talent emerges all the time.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Ramsey - 50 Million
Matic - 50 Million
The thought of that midfield doesn't get me excited.

ChaddyP

Ramsey - 50 Million
Matic - 50 Million
go home you're drunk.

Bogga

Ramsey - 50 Million
Matic - 50 Million
You must be so extremely drunk if you think that's a good investment that I considered calling an ambulance... but then I realised I don't know where you live

El-Manos

Ramsey - 50 Million
Matic - 50 Million
Yerra no, leave it at your first thoughts i'd say.

Sentient Meat

Just pretend that we spent 30 mil on Ibra and 70 mil on Pogba... then it doesn't seem so crazy.

Fortis Mente

To increase our firepower? I'm almost certain we would score more goals with Griezmann behind those three than we would with Pogba behind those three.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
To increase our firepower? I'm almost certain we would score more goals with Griezmann behind those three than we would with Pogba behind those three.
We're not buying Griezmann though as we've already bought our attackers. Pogba would be a midfielder and lay a completely different role than what Griezmann does.

mbb8

you've gone off the deep end, mate. How does adding a 2nd striker to an attacking trio of Martial, Ibra, Miki improve the team?

We'll get over-run in midfield, and there is no way Jose is going to do that. He was the one who pretty much ended the 2-striker system in England when he came with his 4-3-3.

We need a strong midfield to compete in the modern game, something we've been lacking since 2010.

Fortis Mente

We're not buying Griezmann though as we've already bought our attackers. Pogba would be a midfielder and lay a completely different role than what Griezmann does.
I know, but my point was that it would be better (in my opinion) to increase our firepower than it would to sign a box to box midfielder. We don't have a top class number 10/second striker, and Griezmann is one of the best in the world in this position.

Fortis Mente

you've gone off the deep end, mate. How does adding a 2nd striker to an attacking trio of Martial, Ibra, Miki improve the team?

We'll get over-run in midfield, and there is no way Jose is going to do that. He was the one who pretty much ended the 2-striker system in England when he came with his 4-3-3.

We need a strong midfield to compete in the modern game, something we've been lacking since 2010.
Not if we play with two defensively solid central midfielders and Griezmann tracks back.

Fortis Mente

so, you want us to play like Atleti? Do you see a Koke in this squad?

We have no CMs of Koke's level.
I think we should play a more direct/counter attacking style especially against the bigger teams. Yes we need a top class CM like Koke. I would rather we get him instead of Pogba. I think We could get Koke and Griezmann, as Atletico are a selling club.

mbb8

I think we should play a more direct/counter attacking style especially against the bigger teams. Yes we need a top class CM like Koke. I would rather we get him instead of Pogba. I think We could get Koke and Griezmann, as Atletico are a selling club.
lol. Koke said no to Barcelona two years in a row. He doesn't want to leave.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Sign this cnut, now!!

It may boil Fergie's piss but, ironically, he is the missing piece of our midfield. Herrera woould flourish alongside him.

His presser, if he signs, will be chaos....Answers are needed from what happened in 2012

Bojan11

You being deluded.

One of the reasons Simeone has stayed is because he was promised no key players would be sold. Griezmann signed a new contract and his release clause increased.

RedPnutz

Let's say this is true, do we really want a player for which we were his third choice?
I can understand this logic if a guy was the third choice for a woman to marry, but seriously this? Even then if the chick was hot enough you might still say yes to being third choice!

If the player improves us, who cares if we are third choice, though it appears we might be second from that tweet.

Yes, so maybe he might want to move in the future? We just have to make sure we have a good contract in place and have ways to milk his productivity and commercial value as much as we can. You can trust Ed will be on it like a rash. Also in Football, one season is a long time and his views may change. Think DDG who was nearly going to Madrid last year but now making noises tag he is committed here.

RedPnutz

Some of you lot are crazy.

I mean for a few million you could a couple of lads from Brazil and South Korea that would be equal to the same job.

Madness.
Would be nice if you could enlighten us who these lads are. Also if you need even 2 lads to be equal to the job done by one Pogba, you have used up another space in the team.

RedPnutz

£100m on a player we let go for free. We are a laughing stock.
That was the old regime. The management team has changed entirely. Remember Barca bought Fabregas back as well, though the fee was less.

So is the embarassment from buying player we let go or the fee? What fee would not make us a laughing stock?

JustinC00

Would be nice if you could enlighten us who these lads are. Also if you need even 2 lads to be equal to the job done by one Pogba, you have used up another space in the team.
I can't tell if you are serous or not but that post was a joke about when SAF played Park and Rafael in midfield over Pogba, which was one of the reasons why he left.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I dont mind over paying on a top talent. DiMaria turned out a poor signing for many reasons and the fee was too high, but we got most of our monehy back anyway. What I dont like is when we over pay on players in my opinion that are average at the very best....like Schneiderlin and Fellaini. We will probably lose just as much if not more money paying £100m fro Pogba and selling him in three years as we would Schneiderlin and Fellaini, current case if reporst are true for Mata who I rate but never wanted for us.

Forgettting wages the net spend on DiMaria will probably turn out to be far less than it has been on many of the really average signings we have made the last three or four years and if we get him I would expect similar for Pogba.

Saying that I am happier when we buy younger plaers cheaper and turn them in to stars. But that is a gamble in itself. The potential in 3 years or so of Pogba, Mensah and Perreira as our midfield is immense, but as several cases like Januzaj and Ravel Morrison have shown, potential is just potential.
That would mostly concern Perreira and Mensah though, Pogba is already a very good player. He just needs the right coach to truly explode.

RedPnutz

I can't tell if you are serous or not but that post was a joke about when SAF played Park and Rafael in midfield over Pogba, which was one of the reasons why he left.
That went right over my head, unfortunately!

GJNJ

So instead of buying Pogba you want to buy 2 players the don't want to move, from a club that don't want to sell, would probably cost £170m combined.....I think it would be easier and more efficient for us all to A Madrid instead.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think the thing is why buy two when you can get the player you want? Also we'll probably bring in one or two more. It's not like it's the whole budget.

Zhadow

I really don’t care if we pay a £100m for him. If we are willing to pay the fee and the player wants to come here I couldn’t care less how much we pay. It is not my money. Pogba is quality and would help us a lot on the pitch, even if he’s a bit inconsistent. He is still very young and will get better every year. So even if he is not a hit here, we could sell him for a shitload of money to Real, Barca or PSG after a few years.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I really don’t care if we pay a £100m for him. If we are willing to pay the fee and the player wants to come here I couldn’t care less how much we pay. It is not my money. Pogba is quality and would help us a lot on the pitch, even if he’s a bit inconsistent. He is still very young and will get better every year. So even if he is not a hit here, we could sell him for a shitload of money to Real, Barca or PSG after a few years.
Ronaldo was the same, murmurs and glimpses up until 23 then he started to turn it on, kind of the same with Pogba right now.

Pogba IS the best midfielder of his generation and 100M isnt bad at all considering that 50m can buy some real trash these days

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If signing Pogba means being a laughing stock, then so be it. I doubt they'll be laughing for very long.

It'll be better than being laughed at for finishing 5th yet again.