Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
And Pogba is still far away from being up there. Hence he is massively overpriced and overrated
Yeah, no one is arguing he isn't overrated. I think everyone knows it's a ludicrous price, but we're desperate. We need players like him and need to be prepared to pay prices others like Real won't if we want to get them.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Yeah, no one is arguing he isn't overrated. I think everyone knows it's a ludicrous price, but we're desperate. We need players like him and need to be prepared to pay prices others like Real won't if we want to get them.
Nothing against that. I only have a problem with those who claim the fee is perfectly fine

Balague: Pogba favours Real Madrid over Manchester United but Real is going to be priced out

Tiber

You can even see the his bitterness on twitter

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Nothing against that. I only have a problem with those who claim the fee is perfectly fine
This.

For a world record fee you expect a Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Bale, Griezmann etc.. Pogba isn't even the best player in his position.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I can't believe how salty those Juventus fans are. One tried jumping all over me on Twitter last night. Italian club football is nowhere near as relevant as it once was.

Have attendances always been as poor as they have been the last few years? I think Juve averaged 38,000 while the top team Inter averaged 43,000.

baanke laal

banned
If I am not mistaken Glaston has valued Kane at £60-80m here earlier. If that sloppy jawed cnut is worth that Poggers is worth £150.
Harry Kane & his Euro adventures. :lol:

I laugh when he mentions whimpers like Dier and Ali in the same breath as Paul Pogba. Eric Dier for fecks sake. Bang average players playing for a bang average club with deluded set of fans. Got exposed at euro :lol:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I was obviously talking not about their position but rather the attitude and how they approach their game
But their role within there team is still very relevant. When either of them are starved of the ball, of course they aren't going to be able to influence the game.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I don't have to think about it. I already know it ... unlike some fantasists on here, who seem to believe that United have endless amounts of money.

For example, Poster X says" I don't care what we spend on Pogba". Well, Poster X will care very much when it comes to the much reduced amount available to spend on other players, either later this summer and/or the next window and/or the next one after that.
Can you be a kind soul and tell us how much we can spend? Because you, a Spurs fan, have clearly a lot of knowledge about United's finances.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
This.

For a world record fee you expect a Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Bale, Griezmann etc.. Pogba isn't even the best player in his position.
So who do we suggest we buy? Dont act like this is FM and say Kroos and Kante. We are obviously not interested in Kante and Kroos isnt available. We need to strengthen our midfield.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
But their role within there team is still very relevant. When either of them are starved of the ball, of course they aren't going to be able to influence the game.
His role in that team was to win the ball, it wasn't to wait for his teammates to pass him the ball.

WPMUFC

You can even see the his bitterness on twitter
lol, his article almost makes it sound like Pogba is being held hostage by Raiola so Raiola gets more money. He's such a clown. If he has a "deal in principle with MUFC" i'd imagine pogba is certainly open to the idea. Not according to this fraud though :lol:

VanGaalEra

Don't understand a word, but I love it. Can we bring Uncle Pat with him?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He isnt done developing. He is just 23 and improving every year. He can be a beast of a player if he isnt already. We are building well for the future and he is a huge piece in the puzzle. If he stays then he will be worth it at the end of all this but if he leaves, we stand to get a huge chunk of our money back. I dont see how we lose in both scenarios. We are paying for the entire package and for his future potential. We arent paying for what he is worth today.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
His role in that team was to win the ball, it wasn't to wait for his teammates to pass him the ball.
You beleive he was being played as a ball winning midifelder?

JPRouve

Scout
You beleive he was being played as a ball winning midifelder?
Well he was, I don't need to believe it. That's not a role he is comfortable with and he did better than I expected. That's still not good enough but I can't expect miracles from him.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
lol, his article almost makes it sound like Pogba is being held hostage by Raiola so Raiola gets more money. He's such a clown. If he has a "deal in principle with MUFC" i'd imagine pogba is certainly open to the idea. Not according to this fraud though :lol:
It sounds like a bit of a standoff between club and player. Juve would rather sell to the higher paying club and can block the transfer. The player would rather go to the lower paying club, and can't be forced to sign for United. This could go either way. My money's still on Madrid though.

Ixion

Raiola is going to be wearing gold plated shirts after this summer.

alsabi

So, a bid for Pogba on the 11th of July? Thanks for the birthday present, United... even if it seems a crazy amount of money for one player.

Damien Degorre article

Gasolin

So I bought the article.

Discussions have been started between executives of Man Utd and those of Juventus for the transfer of Paul Pogba.

And what if he came back, 4 years later? The possibility to see Paul Pogba again in a Manchester United shirt takes more and more credibility as days pass as a first contact has been made between Ed Woodward, the executive director of the Red Devils, and Juventus Turin executives, where the 23 years old French international is under contract until 2019. Of English source, Manchester leans on a substantial financial envelope to finalise this case and satisfy the desires of Jose Mourinho, who already dreamed of Pogba, last summer, when he was at Chelsea. This works out great, Juventus has no intention to negotiate starting a certain amount (we're being told 100 M€).

For Pogba, coming back one day at Manchester was a step in his career plan.
The Portugese manager of Manchester United considers, in a first phase, to use a 4-3-3 formation, Pogba and Wayne Rooney as "relaying" midfielders, Zlatan Ibrahimovic as a centre forward, Anthony Martial and Henrikh Mkhitarian supporting the Swedish. The arrivals of Ibra and the Armenian international of the Borussia Dortmund are also about to be concluded. And those 2 players have a common point with Pogba: they share the same agent, Mino Raiola. The agent works hard since several days to speed up this deal, along with others, more random, in the media. "We are at the beginning of a negotiation phase, did he share with the Spanish newspaper Marca, on 20th June. Pogba admires the Real Madrid and Zidane, and this will weight in his decision."

In general, Raiola does not talk publicly on the state of negotiations regarding players under contract with him and, yesterday, on the Italian-Dutch agent side, they didn't want to talk about Manchester's interests, "and no other topic that is not related to the Euro". However, the contact is well activated and the possibility to see Raiola realize most of the recruitment of Manchester at a moment when Mourinho, whose agent is the powerful Joge Mendes, comes to the club, has something unreal. Especially as sir Alex Ferguson, in his auto biography entitled Leading, justified the leaving of the young French, in 2012. "There are one or two football agents who I simply dislike, and Raiola, the agent of Pogba, is one of them. Him and me, we were like oil and water. From there it was dead in the water since Raiola could integrate himself with Paul and his family and the player signed with Juventus." In a certain way, the fact that the return of Pogba is considered shows the loss of influence of sir Alex within the club.

By the way, for Pogba, coming back one day at Manchester was a step in his career plan. Even though he left the office of Ferguson in a tense context, the former Havre player always appreciated the club and its environment. Recently, in an interview at So Foot, he lauded Paul Scholes, who "could shoot ten times, ten times he would put the ball at the same place", and appreciate the fact that in England, "they want to score goals over there". If the Italian football has made him progress tactically, the Premier League was always in a corner of the mind of "la Pioche" even though he was tempted to join la Liga, last summer...

Not playing the Champions League could weight in this decision, since MU has to contend of the Europa League this season. But the perspective of playing under Mourinho tempts Pogba, really. New appointments should occur between Woodward and his Turin counterparts next week and a first offer could come in to buy the last 3 years of the player. At Manchester, the latter would find back his team mates in the national team, Anthony Martial and Morgan Schneiderlin, with whom he has to mention the club, its news and the pleasure of wearing its shirts. He wore them only 3 times in the league, in 2011-2012, and once in Europa League. And he has a taste of unfinished business.

So maybe Mourinho is confident Pogba would work under him. Should Real be unable to match the bid, and Juventus alright with a 100M euro fee, it should be done.

Last edited:

StonedhamsterZA

Also, thinking about Pogba's development, perhaps SAF did him a favour by keeping a lid on his development.

There are a lot of theories out there about players peaking WAAAY too early in their careers and then fizzling by the time they hit 28/29/30. I know people consider Rooney and Owen in this category. Hopefully, assuming he does come back, this will allow him to have a longer career?

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
So who do we suggest we buy? Dont act like this is FM and say Kroos and Kante. We are obviously not interested in Kante and Kroos isnt available. We need to strengthen our midfield.
Throwing 100m at Pogba is a FM move tbh. The club should know about other targets that's not my job, if i had inside information on who's available i would be able to answer your question. Like i've said before i'm happy for Pogba to come but the club need to stand up for themselves a bit and do it on reasonable terms.

AndyJ1985

Everything being reported so far is very positive from our point of view. I thought he'd end up at Madrid when it all began, but now my opinion has shifted to us being overwhelming favourites.

Nicklas

The Portugese manager of Manchester United considers, in a first phase, to use a 4-3-3 formation, Pogba and Wayne Rooney as "relaying" midfielders
It didn't sound like that on his PC, though.

Adebesi

Being priced out is a serious watershed moment for Real Madrid.
The real watershed is another team breaking the transfer record. The last five times its been broken its been by Madrid: Figo in 2000, and then Zidane, Kaka, Ronaldo and Bale since then.

But I dont feel Madrid being priced out is the issue per se. You have to factor in how much they actually want him (though we can only speculate about this.) You cant look at this without factoring in their already strong midfield options, and our relatively poor ones. We should want him a lot more than them, so it isnt so surprising if we price them out. After all, value is not a clear, objectively definable thing, it is entirely subjective. His value to us is higher than his value to them.

If we were talking about "the next Messi" and we both wanted him equally and we still priced them out, that would be a watershed.

Gasolin

Can't believe it, Juventus refusing 100M euro, and maybe open for 120M euro, for a player they bought free? Unbelievable. Hope this time it goes through.

JPRouve

Scout
People shouldn't believe the Pogba wants Madrid, it comes from "Pogba admires Zidane" and that means absolutely nothing.

mbb8

The real watershed is another team breaking the transfer record. The last five times its been broken its been by Madrid: Figo in 2000, and then Zidane, Kaka, Ronaldo and Bale since then.

But I dont feel Madrid being priced out is the issue per se. You have to factor in how much they actually want him (though we can only speculate about this.) You cant look at this without factoring in their already strong midfield options, and our relatively poor ones. We should want him a lot more than them, so it isnt so surprising if we price them out. After all, value is not a clear, objectively definable thing, it is entirely subjective. His value to us is higher than his value to them.

If we were talking about "the next Messi" and we both wanted him equally and we still priced them out, that would be a watershed.
we were ready to break it for Bale. Levi decided to sell him for less to Madrid.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima

If it was a Ronaldo calibre player Madrid would match us all the way, truth is they don't really need Pogba and i don't think they would be too bothered if he went to us.

Nicklas

Well I haven't watched the PC, but well, 4-3-3 with Pogba and Rooney and a third player suits me.
Allright, he said that Rooney would never play as a 6 or 8 under him. He sees him as a 9, 9.5 and a 10.

AndyJ1985

Can't believe it, Juventus refusing 100M euro, and maybe open for 120M euro, for a player they bought free? Unbelievable. Hope this time it goes through.
The guy just said 100 mil, he probably meant pounds, which is almost €120m

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
we were ready to break it for Bale. Levi decided to sell him for less to Madrid.
It was also an uncertain time for us, SAF just retired and we hired Moyes :houllier:.

Bale wanted Madrid so he went there.